Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unknown87

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2007
Ah Doylem, to be right there now would be a pleasure. You've captured an atmosphere that very few of us on these boards will have experience. Bliss.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
downtownkc.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR // Shutter: 30 sec // Aperture: f/22.6 // Focal Length: 40 mm // ISO 400

...another angle on downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Not Kansas, Missouri.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. The sign is the focus of the picture, but the sunset on the city in the horizon and the slow-shuttered highway just make the photo. The effort put into this picture is astounding.

Thanks so much. I was busy taking skyline shots with my telephoto, and kept looking behind me at that sign, thinking I need to pull out the wide angle and get a shot of that. Finally I did.

Self portrait "per say"

That's a really neat self portrait.

I enjoy the squirrel photos too - I love squirrels. They are hilarious animals.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
downtownkc.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR // Shutter: 30 sec // Aperture: f/22.6 // Focal Length: 40 mm // ISO 400

...another angle on downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Not Kansas, Missouri.

I could of sworn it was video game graphic but then looked more closely and it wasn't LoL.

Do you have a larger version of this as i'd like to use it as my wallpaper if you do PM me a link Please:D.

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
I could of sworn it was video game graphic but then looked more closely and it wasn't LoL.

Do you have a larger version of this as i'd like to use it as my wallpaper if you do PM me a link Please:D.

Me to, me to... if you want to, i would really like this as an wallpaper.
Wonderful shot Valdore, as usual.(My photoblog will soon be linking to yours;)) I really admire all of your work, you do HDR like few other do it...

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I finally received my ebay radio triggers order over a month ago. This is my first attempt at a headshot using my flashes off camera. I couldn't find any models so I had to experiment on myself.

One shoot through umbrella camera left and one flash directly behind me.

Doylem: I love the pub photo.
Valdore: Another excellent photo.
M@lew: Much better self portrait than mine!

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Hey Fett, it almost looks as if you were added to the pic. Sharp edges, but us dudes dont have all the pretty hair like a woman, and maybe dont benefit from the hair light. However your left eye color is good!

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Me to, me to... if you want to, i would really like this as an wallpaper.
Wonderful shot Valdore, as usual.(My photoblog will soon be linking to yours;)) I really admire all of your work, you do HDR like few other do it...

Thanks guys. Give me your monitor resolutions and I'll send you a link via PM.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I like your picture, Fett, except for the way that the flash seems to give you a silhouettish outline.

Here's one of me still trying to master the art of a film slr.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Since you're all probably sufficiently bored from my travel slideshow, here's something a bit different. First time down to the local skate park. Would have preferred a little more interesting lighting, but hey, that's Seattle...

2330502483_6185ef148b_o.jpg

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hey Fett, it almost looks as if you were added to the pic. Sharp edges, but us dudes dont have all the pretty hair like a woman, and maybe dont benefit from the hair light. However your left eye color is good!

I'm insulted, I could a lot better job than that adding myself to a photo! LOL. I know what you are saying iballz, I was just playing around with the lights today, the ones were I had my hair light off to the side and at a lower power looked much better. This one had the eyes in the best focus so I went with it.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
self-portraitish?

first pic taken with my 50mm lens, this was taken as soon as i got out of the store, using the mirror from the sun visor in my car lol... i like it..:D

2332736316_f5ee6bb5ab.jpg

I'll be going to the zoo tmr so hopefully I'll get some good shots...

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
"Fisheye fun"

nylifebuilding.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR // Shutter: 30 sec // Aperture: f/19.9 // Focal Length: 15 mm // ISO 100

Yesterday, my new Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye lens arrived, and I had a good time playing around with it last night.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
The graveyard next to the Haworth parsonage, where those Bronte girls grew up...

haworthcm9.jpg

Valdore... it may just be me, but I simply can't look at your pic. The combination of fish-eye lens and HDR makes me feel giddy (and not in a good way). Not a criticism... just an observation... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.