Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
here is my first attempt to hdr...let me know what you guys think, i know its not the nicest shot, so the hdr of course doesn't look too great..:)
2348416938_3f15e33022_b.jpg

You've kinda answered your own question.;)

HDR (or any other post-production process, IMO) requires a top-notch image to start with... and a convincing reason to alter it.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
This is an awesome use of shift. The graffiti just pops out at me!

Wow, great shot..
If you don't mind me asking, though, how did you achieve this effect? (was it the lens, camera settings, post production..?) :)
Thanks guys.

I created the effect in CS3 after an hour or two of searching for a way to produce a tilt-shift effect, without spending a grand for the lens.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Artisan

carver_web.jpg

Artisan
December, 2007.
Nikon D40 + 18-200mm VR​

If you ever go to Cambodia to see the temples around Siem Reap--which everyone should!--I'd suggest a visit to the Artisans of Angkor workshops. The NGO sponsored outfit trains Cambodians in high-quality traditional craft production. Great photo op.s and fantastic gift shop. :)

theenigmat

macrumors member
May 10, 2006
Rotorua New Zealand

2323552884_1b5667dde9_o.jpg

Otter,

I went there this past summer with some classmates and we jokingly called the city "Roto-ruin-my-life" because of the sulfur smell. Those boardwalks over the hot springs are pretty enchanting though and I love the way you captured the steam rising up.

Mat

Eauboy

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Washington, DC
carver_web.jpg

Artisan
December, 2007.
Nikon D40 + 18-200mm VR​

If you ever go to Cambodia to see the temples around Siem Reap--which everyone should!--I'd suggest a visit to the Artisans of Angkor workshops. The NGO sponsored outfit trains Cambodians in high-quality traditional craft production. Great photo op.s and fantastic gift shop. :)

This is really a lovely shot. You nailed that exposure.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
You've kinda answered your own question.;)

HDR (or any other post-production process, IMO) requires a top-notch image to start with... and a convincing reason to alter it.

yeah, im pretty new to photography so i dont have any good shots to work with really, so i work with the little decent (to me at least) I have. I am not one of those people that think i can "fix" a shot with post production (i guess some of them you can) but I dont think you cna make post prod, photos without somehting good to start with...

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
yeah, im pretty new to photography so i dont have any good shots to work with really, so i work with the little decent (to me at least) I have. I am not one of those people that think i can "fix" a shot with post production (i guess some of them you can) but I dont think you cna make post prod, photos without somehting good to start with...

Maybe this is the way to go... to concentrate on the basics before adding another level of complexity such as HDR...

Another evening on the lake...

ducks2ra1.jpg

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
What do you do? :D

I work at a radio station here in Vancouver as a board operator.

I know we're only supposed to post one pic per day, but I'll post this to go along with the other. Hope no one minds that much!

Not a great photo in any way, but just having some fun at work.

f_IMG0318m_b289b5b.jpg

Xax

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
my gf with the an analogue camera :)

shot on neopan 400 film, using bessa r2a and nokton 1.4 sc

wowmac

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
I have been stalking this thread for awhile and decided to join. I'd like to say that a lot of Valdore's work is really inspiring.

I had one question and how do you all make those nice signatures
(Not that giant ones, that is a bit much for me, but whenever i export from lightroom all i get is a (C) 2008 NAME, and its really bland, but id like to have my name in the corner

thx in advance (any software? suggestions as well for the sig)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
His day in court...

After pleading guilty to a motor vehicle offense, this young offender waits as the judge in Oregon City's municipal court looks over his record before deciding on an appropriate sentence.

SCN0074.jpg

Pentax K1000
Takumar 50mm 1.8 lens
Fuji Super G 800

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.