Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Class field trip to Dupont Circle in DC to take "In the moment" photos (and get hot krispy kreme doughnuts teehee) C&C would be great, this was shot on the fly trying to be un-noticed but with that loud shutter it's so hard haha.

Business as usual

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/22.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

The sun was really struggling this morning to get out from behind the fog.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
My old gal. She'll turn 16 next month.

_DSC2694_001.jpg

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Happy Birthday

wpid59-hh8h7815.jpg

Last Friday was Toronto's 175th birthday. The "party" was, well, pretty lame. But it was a good excuse to quit working at noon and go take some photos.

This is Toronto's 'old' city hall, which, in grand Toronto style, was replaced by a much newer, much uglier building in the early-60s.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Last Friday was Toronto's 175th birthday. The "party" was, well, pretty lame. But it was a good excuse to quit working at noon and go take some photos.

This is Toronto's 'old' city hall, which, in grand Toronto style, was replaced by a much newer, much uglier building in the early-60s.
Good shot, Friday was a good day to be out and about in the downtown area. I didn't even know there was a party. I've been poking around the 175th anniversary photo archive and some of the shots are pretty interesting. Your comment about the 'new' city hall makes me wonder if you've heard about the book "Unbuilt Toronto: A History of the City That Might Have Been" it's a pretty good read and it shows how much the cityscape could have changed.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Good shot, Friday was a good day to be out and about in the downtown area. I didn't even know there was a party. I've been poking around the 175th anniversary photo archive and some of the shots are pretty interesting. Your comment about the 'new' city hall makes me wonder if you've heard about the book "Unbuilt Toronto: A History of the City That Might Have Been" it's a pretty good read and it shows how much the cityscape could have changed.

The party was lame. Just a few events in Nathan Phillips Square, David Miller shaking some hands (and getting snapped by my camera!); boring stuff.

I have seen that book. They had a few photos at the ROM a few months ago, which were nice, so I'm interested in the book.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005

Wow, I like the angle and colors of this shot, but the sign looks a little weird in it. I probably would have kept the sign out. It's still an excellent shot though.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Wow, I like the angle and colors of this shot, but the sign looks a little weird in it. I probably would have kept the sign out. It's still an excellent shot though.

Thanks.

The sign was a conscious choice, since it reads "Old City Hall". My body was a bit contorted to try to get the angle right, but I agree it would have been better either with the sign turned a bit anti-clockwise or gone altogether.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Thanks.

The sign was a conscious choice, since it reads "Old City Hall". My body was a bit contorted to try to get the angle right, but I agree it would have been better either with the sign turned a bit anti-clockwise or gone altogether.

I agree completely... the sign wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't angled in a different direction.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Class field trip to Dupont Circle in DC to take "In the moment" photos (and get hot krispy kreme doughnuts teehee) C&C would be great, this was shot on the fly trying to be un-noticed but with that loud shutter it's so hard haha.

Business as usual

Nice pic...

What equipment did you use? I see on your flickr profile you have Nikon and Canon (gets jealous).

Thinking of getting a used Canon as a secondary system to my Olympus.... :D

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture: f/22.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

The sun was really struggling this morning to get out from behind the fog.

Love it. Reminds me of the obelisk in 2001 or something.

Macro in the house! Just got a new lens and took my first shots with it. I like how this flower bud looks as though it is giving birth to a baby seal. :eek:

BabySealBud.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.