Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Berkeley squirrel

Saw this guy as I was hiking around campus ...

BerkeleySquirrel_1.jpg

Camera: Pentax K20D
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
Focal length: 50mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure time: 1/125s
ISO: 400

This lens is a new addition to my arsenal and so far I'm absolutely loving it. It's very sharp even when wide open, bokeh is not too bad (but not great by any standard, though).

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.

BerkeleySquirrel_1.jpg

Camera: Pentax K20D
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
Focal length: 50mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure time: 1/125s
ISO: 400

This lens is a new addition to my arsenal and so far I'm absolutely loving it. It's very sharp even when wide open, bokeh is not too bad (but not great by any standard, though).

Great shot! Nailed the focus and a great pose.

breathesrain

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
it's already hot in the CA bay area...

little_black_dot_by_breatheinwater.jpg

My crappy little P&S:

SONY
Model: DSC-W180
Shutter Speed: 1/320 second
Aperture: F/5.4
Focal Length: 6 mm
ISO Speed: 100

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
I have been checking out this thread for a while now and decided to throw in one of mine. I am a complete noob when it comes to photography and this picture was taken with a 6 year old Kodak EasyShare CX4310. Knowing what I know now (which isn't much by any means) I would have gotten the focus on the sign and allowed the back and foreground to go out of focus.

I just picked up an old Canon EOS Rebel SLR (35mm) and a new Canon SX210 IS point-and-shoot, so i am hoping to learn a little about my new hobby.

Hey Rusty, thanks for taking the plunge and trying. I watched this thread a long time before I ever posted anything. The regulars in here are great about helping, so I will defer to them as I am a noob too :) I too have an old point and shoot, so do not worry about that, if there is one thing I learned here, it is not the camera, it is the photographer. I did just recently upgrade to a slightly newer old point and shoot though. I went from a Nikon Coolpix 5700 to a Coolpix 8700 as my 5700 died last week.

No picture from me today as I only took pix of food, and they were not good enough to post here, I really need a new lighting setup at work...

Chef Jay

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Charlie

Camera: Nikon D300 w/ Nikkor 300mm f/4
Exposure: 1/320
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 300mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: -4/3 EV

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
I have been abroad for a couple weeks and it looks like I have missed some terrific posts.

The Evangelische Lutherische Kirche in Elbe, Washington. It's 18 ft. x 24 ft., and seats 46. It was built by German settlers in 1906.
churchwindow1.jpg
elbechurch2.jpg

Dale
I like these two captures. Nice simplicity and lighting.

Wow, nice departure from your seascapes. Good composition, light and saturation.

Out shooting today with the wife, this is one of the
photos taken.
I like the simplicity of the setting, especially for an urban scene. Your wife does not look comfortable though which, for me, diminishes any mood you might have been after.

Great capture. I love that magical look on the bright sunny day after a clinging snowfall.

I know others have commented on the good sense of mood, but it's worth another nod. Great dog level angle.

* Discovery Green, Houston Texas
*5D + 135L
What___d_I_Do_Wrong_by_heyisTi.jpg
Great light and angle in this one. It stands out for me.

Ok... here's my set of qualifiers for my next few posts. I traveled through at least 25 European sites through four countries in 9 days. As a usual landscape shooter, I know the importance of a tripod, but it just wasn't practical to carry one with me. Most days involved walking at least five hours with a group of students. I guess it is more of a regret on my part, but I still got some great captures. While I did have the opportunity to take pictures in Europe, my primary job was to help supervise 27 students

My first post is a six shot panorama of the public square in Brussels:

lmk34q

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Rams

these two fellows are surviving on a small mountain in a little place called cupids newfoundland,they are quite the celebrities with the locals and tourists.They escaped the slaughter house a couple years ago and made this place their home, I will post a better snap when I can get closer by boat.My camara is only a cannon sd1100

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    805.2 KB · Views: 115

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
No ice

Well framed. Great job getting layers of fog. I'm surprised there is no ice with -25C temps, or is that just a time of day temp?
I'm not sure why there was no ice. The shot was taken in early December before the heavy snows move through the area and before seriously cool weather. I was in town on business. Had never seen the harbour and went to have a look. This is on the shoreline of Lake Superior. Thanks for the compliment. Barry

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Brussels

My first post is a six shot panorama of the public square in Brussels:[/FONT]
lmk34q
[/QUOTE]

Love the way the sky looks in this photo. 27 students... you didn't happen to be on a battlefield tour did ya ?

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Had a lot of rain last week in the NYC area , sorta a hurricane almost . Anyway , eventually all the water from most of a 2 or maybe 3 county area finds its way into the Passaic river , where it goes over the Great Falls . Usually the falls are visually OK but after a big rain they get spectacular .

IMG_2195_812.jpg

f14@1/400 iso 400 , 24-105L@40mm

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
I havent been on this forum in so long ... I have really missed the pictures here and the usual dialogue that accompanies them.
Having had a quick scan through there is so many amazing photos that its near impossible to single any out.
Hopefully I will be able to drop by a bit more often.
Cheers
Stevie :)

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv

Would love to see this in color! I'm quite curious about all the textures i see, but the lack of color and/or my actual knowledge on such things kind of diminishes it for me.

Such a well balanced shot. Curious, did this take several tries, or is the dog well behaved? I get too frustrated when trying these types of shots, as some pets just won't sit still.

BerkeleySquirrel_1.jpg

Excellent job on the focus, I almost want to touch my screen and see if i can feel its fur.

* Discovery Green, Houston Texas
*5D + 135L
What___d_I_Do_Wrong_by_heyisTi.jpg

Wow, something so simple, yet such an inviting photo. Was there any pp done or is this pretty much sooc?

And now mine for the day. I finally made it to The Strip in god knows how long. I actually went to check out City Center, but it was super windy and i didnt appreciate being outside all that much so nothing to spectacular or fancy. This one is for you ChefJay. :)

I had little control over the shot as this pastry was in a glass case. I was thinking that maybe cropping it to portrait would better the photo, but im still undecided.

Clickable....

EXIF Info
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 800

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
4446018621_2d1fa4fa7a.jpg

This is just a simple portrait I did for a friend. He needed a photo of himself for his art class that he was going to end up drawing, so I just took this one in another friend's room with a lamp and applied a simple texture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.