Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
4449105486_3ae2050740_b.jpg

She took the colour right out of the world

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Oh man, I just love this one. I've seen that same look on my dear departed dogs face in the same kind of situation. I was never able to capture a picture like that of her. Just great.

Chef Jay

Makes me smile and ponder what he/she is thinking. Absolutely lovely photo!

I know others have commented on the good sense of mood, but it's worth another nod. Great dog level angle.

Such a well balanced shot. Curious, did this take several tries, or is the dog well behaved? I get too frustrated when trying these types of shots, as some pets just won't sit still.

Thanks everyone!

NeGrit, this was the only shot I took with her in this position, so I'm lucky it turned out! Here is some more from the series.

Screen%20shot%202010-03-20%20at%203.59.53%20PM.png

Pau.c

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
totally new to this!

you guys inspired me into wanting to take photos so i went out and bought a £200 camera from jessops, its the Fujifilm S2000HD i bought it mainly for wanting to do videos!

but this is one of the ones that i have taken already, remember i have not taken any photos before. give me all your advice :)

OddThomas

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2008
Grapevine, TX
Snow storm in Texas

and it's snowing right now 3/20.. that is just not right for DFW area this time of year.

Attachments

• Snowstorm in Texas.jpg
    Snowstorm in Texas.jpg
    950.5 KB · Views: 85

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
img2152d.jpg

Just a bee collecting some pollen :)

Nice, I just got done with about 60 of these... er um... 60 attempts maybe 4 true keepers :rolleyes:

Here is mine. Very similar to my first ever POTD post, she is two years older... so naturally jumping off of things 4 times higher :eek:

4449538252_3210c21086.jpg

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
totally new to this!

you guys inspired me into wanting to take photos so i went out and bought a £200 camera from jessops, its the Fujifilm S2000HD i bought it mainly for wanting to do videos!

but this is one of the ones that i have taken already, remember i have not taken any photos before. give me all your advice :)

For a first stab at photography, you have a good sense of framing, there's something called the fibonacci spiral that I absolutely live by with every photo I take, and the way this has been taken syncs up perfectly, good job.

My only negative (and this really is pernickerty), is that it seems a bit grey, might be worth investing in a polarising filter just to help bring out the saturation a little.

Aside from that very minor point, it's a damn good photo, keep it up.

slieu92

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
California
precocious

4449236602_75f305ebe7_o.jpg

shot at 50mm 1.8f from the backseat. added definition, desaturate, exposure, recovery, shadows, and highlights on aperture 3.:)

he's 18. looks 30, hence the title

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
Snow storm in Texas

and it's snowing right now 3/20.. that is just not right for DFW area this time of year.

Wow, that is amazing. Some friends in Arlington told me it was snowing there today, but I did not think it would be that much. It just rained in Houston, but it did get cold.

NeGRit0: thanks for the picture :) I have been talking to a former Chef who has given me some pointers as well. Hopefully I will get to try next week some, possibly with a better lighting setup if I get a chance to go to the local camera store.

Chef Jay

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I havent been on this forum in so long ... I have really missed the pictures here and the usual dialogue that accompanies them.
Having had a quick scan through there is so many amazing photos that its near impossible to single any out.
Hopefully I will be able to drop by a bit more often.
Cheers
Stevie :)

Hey Steamie, welcome back. Missed your scottish seascapes!

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Fern

Growing in the moss off the side of a tree.

Camera: Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 300mm f/4
Exposure: 1/800
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 300mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: -1 EV

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Nice use of a limited colour palette. The light is so dreamy in this pic.

Here is mine for today. We had been shooting under cloudy conditions for three days and the sun broke out for a few seconds while we were at Tyne Cot Cemetery near Ypres. This memorial is in the centre of the cemetery. The dark clouds provide an interesting backdrop to the stone.
lqpoyd

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Here is mine for today.
lqpoyd

My son spent several months as a guide at the Vimy Ride / Beaumont Hamel sites. Three of his not so distant Newfoundland relatives are "buried" in those hallowed grounds. This is a photo he took of the Australian / New Zealand monument, "The Cobbers". I think is such a meaningful marker... and I like the way it's back lit. Ive never been to the Canadian battlefields. BJ

4449951181_b050f5fbfc_b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.