Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
4469089248_b55e8ba089_b.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

f/10, 1/400, ISO 200, 18mm

Nice composition, like the curves of the road and bank of flowers and the use of lower right and upper left corners of the frame. The yellows seem a tad greenish, so maybe a very slight selective color adjustment to the yellows only to warm up their tone just a tiny bit. But overall, I really do enjoy this shot...I feel like I'm there.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Notre Dame, Paris

This image is a detail of the left entrance to the cathedral. That's St. Denis holding his head. During his martyrdom, it is said that Denis walked six miles carrying his head and preaching the whole time. Where he finally succumbed to his fatal blow became the site of the St. Denis Basilica.
5an25h

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Rolling Hills

Rolling hills of the Sequoia foothills in golden hour light.

GraniteStationRollingHills-1.jpg

Camera: Pentax K20D
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Focal length: 42mm
Exposure time: 1/60s
Aperture: f/9.5
ISO: 400

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Tokyo Nightlife!

Some bottles of whisky lined up in a bar in Tokyo. Would appreciate any C&C. I know the focus on the bottles could be a bit sharper. Blame the jetlag ...

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D, with kit lens
Exposure: 0.5
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Great lighting, great looking lads! BJ

Thanks man. Yesterday after my daughter's pageant everyone got treated to Mcdonalds. It was around 6:30p.m and I used the son light that was coming through the window. When I took this picture I said man something went right lol. Now I have to learn how to mimic it :(

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I have to agree... great use of natural side lighting here... perfect exposure and great expressions. I almost wish it was slightly wider, but it's a minor quibble. But you managed to get a real nice warm look in a normally pretty sterile, fluorescent illuminated Mickey D's, which is cool. Just goes to show, if you look for the natural side light from windows, things can be great.

I was immediately drawn to this-- I have this thing for harbor shots. I always find it interesting to see the types and varieties of boats around the world in smaller harbors and ports. Nice job capturing a place during a quiet, and cold time of year.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

Beautiful light and drama here. Love the composition. Only minor issue for me is it appears over sharpened in pp... seems most noticable in the rock face and the edges. But very nice timing on this shot. :)

PS: Mods, is there any way we mere mortals can merge posts... actually, I can merge the posts, but I can't delete completely a post once I've posted it. Just wondering.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
I have to agree... great use of natural side lighting here... perfect exposure and great expressions. I almost wish it was slightly wider, but it's a minor quibble. But you managed to get a real nice warm look in a normally pretty sterile, fluorescent illuminated Mickey D's, which is cool. Just goes to show, if you look for the natural side light from windows, things can be great.

Thanks man. I wish I could have did it wider, but the 50mm on the crop body was a no go lol. Thanks so much for the props. I'm trying to get like you all, but just about every pictures yall upload here be on point. I'm like 1 out of every 30 lol

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Cape Hatteras
Not the most awesome light/scene etc but it makes for a nice cookie-cutter WP.
DSC_3940_web.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I'm trying to get like you all, but just about every pictures yall upload here be on point. I'm like 1 out of every 30 lol

Man I feel you on that!

As promised the other side of the pool. You can tell the pool is dirty,
and for some reason this composition isn't as compelling as the last...

Clickable...

EXIF Info:
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.