Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
here is my attempt. Photo is not very sharp... I was partially trying not to scare birds and partially tried to coordinate them into frame, the way I wanted.

img1776sizeo9.jpg

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hello everyone... long time viewer... first time posting =)

2488912126_21812aa98b.jpg

They're building a new bridge from The Art Institute of Chicago to the nearby Millenium Park.

Are you attending The Art Institute of Chicago?? If so what are you studying? I am looking into The Art Institute of Washington, D.C. to study Photographic Imaging....soooooo expensive

ACbc

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
I'm back

Hi all,

I have been away for a long long time. The winter just got rough and my camera was neglected for a few months. Weather is looking good again so hoping to get back in the swing if things. Good to see some new comers here (well, new to me at least) and good to see some oldies sticking around.

Everyone has posted some amazing shots this month, but I must give props to m@lew. I enjoyed your shots before, but all of your contributions this month have been top notch!

Glad to see some people posting some portrait pictures too. :)

Here's one from today. Was walking around the charles river taking pictures with my friend today. of course I made him model for me a bit.

2491017784_aa5450fd87_o.jpg

Nikon D300
17-55mm Nikkor
ISO 200

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Mine for today...

Viper Competition Coupe
Speed GT World Challenge, Road Atlanta

Viper Competition Coupe

Sweeeeeet! More race photos esp Audi R10's. Hmmm, perhaps you could start a thread devoted to race shots.....I'd be there in a heartbeat! BTW, great color, great framing, love the sense of motion......blah blah blah (more photography jargon ;))

Seriously, more race photos......please :eek:. Cheers :D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Are we all getting in a bit of a photographic rut? How about venturing out of our 'comfort zone', to find something we wouldn't normally shoot?? Different subjects, different styles. What do you reckon, folks?

So it's surfer girls for me...

In the meantime here's another shot of a duck... :rolleyes:
ROTFLMAO:D:D

I already got the surfer girls, why venture out?:p No seriously, I agree. Been doing doggie portraits lately, I'll have to post some of them soon. But for now... here's another shot of a surfer girl lol.

_1120110.jpg

btw I love your duck photos Doylem!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Double Exposure

Blacked-out studio + candle + camera + tripod + model=
2490426605_4e4f7ecaf4_b.jpg

(Click for larger)

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Are we all getting in a bit of a photographic rut? How about venturing out of our 'comfort zone', to find something we wouldn't normally shoot?? Different subjects, different styles. What do you reckon, folks?

I agree. Therefore, I went out today and tried something different.... hope it works:

"Perseverance"

2490566211_face3f5c8f_o.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
When taking photos outdoors quite often I fit a polarizing filter to the lens, other than that it's unmanipulated.

Photography taken about a year ago. Temperature here today is a very pleasant 22 C ... :)

Ok, my bad. It looked 'digitally manipulated' blue, not polarized blue. Oh, and I already suspected it wasn't taken recently, if it's 25 here it unfortunately cannot be freezing a couple hundred kilometres west of here. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.