Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
A rather literal interpretation of the theme, but what doesn't work here is the competition going on between the can and the model. She dominates the frame in both size and tonality. The can, while it is the one element in focus, is blending in with the dark background. My eye goes right to her rather garish eye shadow instead of to the can. Perhaps if you had reversed the lighting effects so that she was being enveloped in darkness and the red backlighting surrounded the can...

Yeah i see what you are saying, the problem was my limited time and light choices hahaha The teacher was late opening the studio... I have other shots so I hope you like those better! I surely do :p

Might benefit from a lighter background to help the dark can 'pop' more. and maybe a tad less light on the model, and more on the can.

For my eye, I'd also like to see a greater DOF, so as to have both model and can in focus.

Well I went with the red background because of the Cherry in the drink, I wanted it to go along with the drink, but we only have red, black, white, and red so I was limited

I was thinking (this is a very poor rendition--I have no editing software here) something more along these lines, maybe punching up the can some more and perhaps the lips on the model.

Yeah I might try an run some lighter overlay in Photoshop to lighten up up the can and a darker overlay to darken her.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll post my favorite one tomorrow, hope you like it! :cool:

BCains

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
3514408550_556026275c_o.jpg

From todays opening of the Robina, Gold Coast Apple Store.
Taken with a Canon EOS 350D XT & Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 II

more photos @ flickr

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I like the composition and the selective sharpness. But tell me, was she on her back, and you flipped the photo?

I'm very glad you liked it! :) She was on her back, and I positioned the camera so that no other manipulations (rotating, cropping, etc) were needed.

Here's today's pic, going back to macros. Female jumping spider (family Salticidae)
100mm + 68mm extension tubes, no cropping at roughly 2:1.

Attachments

• Salticidae verde.jpg
    Salticidae verde.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 103

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
A rather literal interpretation of the theme, but what doesn't work here is the competition going on between the can and the model. She dominates the frame in both size and tonality. The can, while it is the one element in focus, is blending in with the dark background. My eye goes right to her rather garish eye shadow instead of to the can. Perhaps if you had reversed the lighting effects so that she was being enveloped in darkness and the red backlighting surrounded the can...

Spoken like a pro. Definitely correct since the "ad" needs to highlight the product.

A classy photo, though, nonetheless. Well done!

booth22

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Chihuly at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens

Attachments

• DSC_0209.jpg
    DSC_0209.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 109

vicious1

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2004
recent visit...

to Lyon France allowed me to shoot the lit up cathedral with a pitch black sky.

I like the fact that I could get it sharp, despite no tripod...I leaned against a tree...
Nikon D90 105mm@f18, ISO 800 @ 3sec.

Attachments

• DSC_0117 (1).jpg
    DSC_0117 (1).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 117

macbrookski

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
Lights, Camera, Action in Tokyo

Lights, Camera, Action in Tokyo. Any comments welcome

Attachments

• DSC_1164.jpg
    DSC_1164.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 109
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.