Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Catching a few more.

3362244966_d7fc24cde4_o.jpg

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Been busy in lighting class. Had a photo shoot to create an advertisement, I chose to do the new Dr. Pepper with Cherry going on the guidelines of "With a Kiss of Cherry" We could only use hot lights and this is a three light setup, one on the background, a key light and a fill light. C&C always appreciated!!

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Daffodil

YellowBloomMacro.jpg

This shot was taken with an old 50mm f1.7 manual lens reverse mounted (taped) onto the Sigma 28-300mm at around 100mm or so. Magnification ratio about 3:1.
1/180s, ISO200, f8 on the zoom lens, I think the 50mm was wide open at f1.7 :) Straight out of the camera, no editing.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Been busy in lighting class. Had a photo shoot to create an advertisement, I chose to do the new Dr. Pepper with Cherry going on the guidelines of "With a Kiss of Cherry" We could only use hot lights and this is a three light setup, one on the background, a key light and a fill light. C&C always appreciated!!

A rather literal interpretation of the theme, but what doesn't work here is the competition going on between the can and the model. She dominates the frame in both size and tonality. The can, while it is the one element in focus, is blending in with the dark background. My eye goes right to her rather garish eye shadow instead of to the can. Perhaps if you had reversed the lighting effects so that she was being enveloped in darkness and the red backlighting surrounded the can...

tvp

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Michigan
Saw this guy walking through the parking lot in front of my townhouse and into the woods next to it. Didn't have time to grab the camera and set up a nice shot but I was able to get a few pics of him.

3513566180_3714c81f1e_b.jpg

3512758477_1038d0d0b2_b.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
A quiet corner of Troutbeck...

The pub is 'The Mortal Man', and on the old pub sign there used to be a poem:

O mortal man that lives by bread,
what is it makes thy nose so red?
Thou silly fool, that look'st so pale,
'Tis drinking Sally Birketts ale....

mm2p.jpg

HotPink

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
I was thinking (this is a very poor rendition--I have no editing software here) something more along these lines, maybe punching up the can some more and perhaps the lips on the model.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 73

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
A quiet corner of Troutbeck...

The pub is 'The Mortal Man', and on the old pub sign there used to be a poem:

O mortal man that lives by bread,
what is it makes thy nose so red?
Thou silly fool, that look'st so pale,
'Tis drinking Sally Birketts ale....

mm2p.jpg

Sigh... I miss little places like this. Great shot and thanks for the poem that goes with it. It makes you wonder what's the story behind Sally Birkett.

liljohnny51

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
this my first picture using my new d40. im new to photography and i thought i would get into it as a hobby. so C&C would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.