Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Paradise Lost?

The Bird of Paradise sheds a tear...

BirdOfParadise.jpg

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
First a green apple and now green candies: I gather that "green" is the theme of your series. However, I can't help but wonder how this shot might have looked with one strategically placed red candy in it as a focal point.

Good job on the lighting, at any rate. What kind of surface is the black reflective part? Is that a shiny table?

Thanks Phrasikleia. That's a good idea with the red candy. I'll have to remember that one. Unfortunately in this case I'd already eaten them all.

The black surface is just a 12-inch square piece of black granite tile from Home Depot.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Pretty cool fence, there. Slabs of granite?

They're slabs of slate, set upright in the ground. Although there are many slate quarries in the area, this way of building walls and enclosures seems very labour-intensive, especially as they were buried quite deeply. I don't know how old they are. 200 years? 300? Perhaps even older. A lakeland mystery... ;)

thethethedaniel

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
Salem Oregon
I think I prefer the color version of this image on your website...

Yeah, it took me a while to decide which to enter into an art show that just started today. I submitted this one. Thanks for taking a look at the site... I really really need to get a flash homepage but it will do for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.