Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
imgp42461.jpg

I got an interesting glow in the lower left hand corner which is off a patch of sky through the clouds. (No HDR)
Great shot... you sure do have a knack for seascapes. Well done! :)

IMG38046_clone_resized.jpg

Canon Rebel XT
ISO 400 (I forgot to change it, oops)
f/4
1/4000

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Roosevelt elk trail...

Hiking up in the Oregon coastal mountains near my place, my six dogs and I encountered a large bull elk when we entered a small clearing. My camera was still in the bag, tripod slung over my back at the time, and I was somewhat concerned about keeping my dogs safe since they were surrounding the big fellow. When he spotted me, he decided to retreat up this trail... it's one of those "Wow! You shoulda seen him!" stories. ;) Next time, camera cocked, safety off!
4031221434504bcebcc4545dd0df2f7f

Captain Zero

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
This was taken through the window of a church I was staying at during a recent service trip to New Orleans. The house in the picture was abandoned and boarded up. CnC welcome and appreciated.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Tropical Nene

3275117255_1dcf6c95bb_b.jpg

This is a picture of my girlfriend at our campsite on Haleakala Volcano in Hawaii. She is the one with the long underwear on her head (to clear up any confusion). The goose is the indigenous tropical Nene, a protected bird found only on the islands. They can be a bit overbearing, as there are no known predators. This is a scanned 35mm print from my pre-digital daze.

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah

Love the macro work...great effects with the water droplets! I've noticed the lack of water droplets in some of your picture's background / foreground...they should be there if you are going for a "natural" look. The extremely limited DOF with macros ensures that you wouldn't need to spray too much of the surrounding scene...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.