Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Love the macro work...great effects with the water droplets! I've noticed the lack of water droplets in some of your picture's background / foreground...they should be there if you are going for a "natural" look. The extremely limited DOF with macros ensures that you wouldn't need to spray too much of the surrounding scene...

Those are real raindrops. No spray bottle on that photo. But thanks. :)

Actually, the last seven or so macro photos I've posted were all taken on the same rainy day. The only ones where I used a spray bottle were the photos of the Black Iris.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Victory Dogpile

IMG38583_clone_resized.jpg

Canon Rebel XT
ISO 200
f/4
1/1600

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Those are real raindrops. No spray bottle on that photo. But thanks. :)

Actually, the last seven or so macro photos I've posted were all taken on the same rainy day. The only ones where I used a spray bottle were the photos of the Black Iris.

I (happily) stand corrected. Still well done ;)

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
For comparison...

I (happily) stand corrected. Still well done ;)

Thanks again. :)

Just for comparison, I'm attaching one of my spray bottle shots. So far I've only done one serious set with it, my Black Iris series. The spray bottle produces droplets that are much smaller and more regular, which (I think) is an interesting aesthetic of its own sort.

However, it's much easier to leave the spray bottle at home and go out after a rain, so that's what I usually do. The problem with that approach is that I'm then at the mercy of happenstance; raindrops don't always collect in interesting places! I keep meaning to get an eyedropper to try out, but haven't picked one up yet.

BlackIris_UpClose.jpg

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Thanks again. :)

Just for comparison, I'm attaching one of my spray bottle shots. So far I've only done one serious set with it, my Black Iris series. The spray bottle produces droplets that are much smaller and more regular, which (I think) is an interesting aesthetic of its own sort.

However, it's much easier to leave the spray bottle at home and go out after a rain, so that's what I usually do. The problem with that approach is that I'm then at the mercy of happenstance; raindrops don't always collect in interesting places! I keep meaning to get an eyedropper to try out, but haven't picked one up yet.

BlackIris_UpClose.jpg

Eyedropper! I haven't tried that one yet :D Living in a desert I have to rely on the spray bottle MUCH more than I would like to...

I am going to have to see what an eyedropper will do for my (ever expanding) kit.

Along with the more evenly spread droplets and smaller size, I think the beads are less apt to hold a "beady" shape...a difference between using treated water vs nature's very own H20?

nikkosucky

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
This one loses a little something in the compression for web. The vibrancy of the shadows is diminished.

Attachments

• babyBlues.JPG
    babyBlues.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 106

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Okay, I'm new to this forum
and I only just invested in my first digital SLR
and I only just started to use it but I quite liked this pic I took
and we don't have many food pics on here...

I just snapped some food that I'd made for a birthday party (I only dabble with cookery so it's not meant to be a masterpiece).

web.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.