Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
3536805507_bd330d9d5f_o.jpg

Denali, Alaska

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Tungsten WB

Shot some engagements tonight, I liked how this one turned out. I wish I would've had one more helper to shoot a back hair light on them, but I didn't.

twilight.jpg

Canon EOS 20D :: 135 mm :: f 2 :: 1/125 sec :: iso 800 :: Tungsten WB + Surefire E2E Executive Flashlight, Exposure pulled 0.5 in Aperture

RebootD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
NW Indiana
Great angle and line of sight. Love it.

Wow, great shot. I love the gold/black colors and the slanted, exaggerated lighting seals the deal. Nice work :)

Thanks guys I appreciate it! We were walking back from an evening out to the top of a parking structure and stumbled into this shot by total chance. Sometimes unplanned photos can be the most fun to take.

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
hello Phrasikleia & NintendoChick, thanks for commenting on my pic, "shadow leaf". Glad to know you like it.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
On the criticism side, this is a suggestion more along the lines of try and see how it looks, but have her tilt her head a little bit more upwards to prevent her eyeballs from getting too much white on the bottom, and to point her face more directly at the camera. But that's more try and see.

I was thinking the same thing, but other wise great composition and lighting.

jmdfd415

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden here in NC yesterday. Got a few decent shots. *clickable*

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I opened this thread and was pleasantly surprised a moment ago by what everyone is putting together lately!

Mine here from yesterday evening - a friend/coworker having a jam session after college graduation. Wide open aperture and ISO cranked up to 3200 - and still a shutter of a whole quarter-second. Barely got by.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
I opened this thread and was pleasantly surprised a moment ago by what everyone is putting together lately!

Mine here from yesterday evening - a friend/coworker having a jam session after college graduation. Wide open aperture and ISO cranked up to 3200 - and still a shutter of a whole quarter-second. Barely got by.

Just a comment about your website: if I scroll down to where I can no longer see the banner at the top of the page, it automatically scrolls back up when the banner changes. I am using Safari 4. Just wanted to let you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.