Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
St Patrick's Chapel, Heysham: 1,300 years of cliff-top devotions...

stpatrickschapel.jpg

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
So either you are in the air looking down from a plane, or that's a crazy sidewalk and that white thing is...I give up. What is this most unusual photo?

EDIT: I creeped on your Flickr and discovered the answer to my question. Most interesting!

Ha, creep away! It always good to see fun words used as verbs! :D

Yep, i was up in a little plane with a friend's brother just snapping pics! Glad you dig it. Thanks for lettin' me know.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Actor Blair Underwood speaking at the 2009 Emerson College Commencement, May 18, in Boston, MA:

dsc6092.jpg

EXIF:
picture1rnq.jpg

This was a massively fun event to shoot: I love the challenge of stage lighting situations, and having a Press Pass allows for lots of creative play.

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
This may be a dumb question...

Can the photo's that you all post be used as illustrations in a Blog? I'm afraid I don't know much about "copywriting work product" and all that stuff. I know that the public photos on Flickr can be used on blogs, but what about the ones posted here? Or is that a huge no, no.

I'd just love to be able to use some of these... they are all so beautiful.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Can the photo's that you all post be used as illustrations in a Blog? I'm afraid I don't know much about "copywriting work product" and all that stuff. I know that the public photos on Flickr can be used on blogs, but what about the ones posted here? Or is that a huge no, no.

For this thread, I would guess simply asking for permission would suffice--the people here are pretty docile. :) As for Flickr, I think even though they're public that doesn't change anything, as some people can choose to have their images posted and preserve all the rights, or just some of them (it'll usually say which one the author has chosen on the image's page).

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007

Your best bet is to ask whoever posted it. Some people are different then others. Definitely don't do it without asking permission first.

* LittleCanonKid beat me to it! * ^^

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Our local Agricultural Museum. I've lived here for 10 years and never been inside. I love the lawn, though. With our wet, cool spring everything is nice and green. Still waiting for more foliage though.
aggmuseum.jpg

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Model Rocketry Club launch - Purple rocket off to Planet P! :)

Canon 20D, Nikon 80-400 ED VR lens at f4.5, 1/3200, 300mm (480mm equivalent), ISO 200, Fotodiox Nikon-EOS Adapter :D

Why the Nikon Lens on the Canon? I would assume that most Nikon's would want L instead of vice-versa...

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
twilight-2.jpg

Canon EOS 20D :: 135 mm :: f 3.2 :: 1/250 sec :: iso 200 + California Sunbounce Mini Zebra Reflector, International Peace Gardens, SLC Utah

Another shot from the Engagements a few nights ago. I like it. Sorry for the PDA on here :)

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Our local Agricultural Museum. I've lived here for 10 years and never been inside. I love the lawn, though. With our wet, cool spring everything is nice and green. Still waiting for more foliage though.
aggmuseum.jpg

Go inside with you camera! Museums are great places to practice your craft, just turn off the flash.

Then again I am biased... I am a museum curator on my day job:)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
^^Great pictures all.

Echoing what other's have said, definitely ask the individual before using anything.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
any ideas on how I can improve the Anther parts of the flower ?
They actually look pretty good. My 2 cents:
- time the shot so that there is lots of natural light hitting the flower... a ring light will flatten the detail
- increase the depth of field by stopping down a bit
- wait for a lull in the breeze. When you are focussing this close, the slightest camera movement or object movement gets magnified
- I assume you are using a tripod and macro lens
- I also like to use an shutter release as removing my finger from the camera can cause a small amount of shake.

If you already have taken care of all the above, it's time to look at lenses that will provide sharper detail... ca-ching.

Are you doing any post processing? You can sharpen, define, add contrast and shadow detail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.