Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
p202774826-4.jpg

Canon 7D with 17-55 at 20mm; 1/2 @ f2.8; 800 ISO; Tripod

These were some archways at a housing complex overlooking the town of Mainz, Germany.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Chief Kashake's

I have been meaning to stop and shoot this house for the past couple of years, but kept putting it off for one reason or another. Well, Thursday evening I was driving home during sunset, and just had to stop. I am still learning the he capabilities of this lens. Anyway, here the best of the lot.

Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 16 mm
ISO Speed: 125
Exposure Bias: -5/3 EV
Flash: No Flash

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I have been meaning to stop and shoot this house for the past couple of years, but kept putting it off for one reason or another. Well, Thursday evening I was driving home during sunset, and just had to stop. I am still learning the he capabilities of this lens. Anyway, here the best of the lot.

Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 16 mm
ISO Speed: 125
Exposure Bias: -5/3 EV
Flash: No Flash

Beautiful light in this, and it's nice and sharp at 1/50 sec. This shot makes me think about all the living that went on in this house over the decades, and if I was there I'd probably be listening for the echos of those long-gone voices. Nicely framed and composed. What 12-24 were you using? Nikkor or Tokina?
-phil

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
So Stu finally got around to bringing a teeny bit of Magic Bullet over to the iPhone in the form of Plastic Bullet, a $1.99 app that takes your boring images and makes them snazzy.
4626176182_fdbbd500a9_o.jpg

4626378104_14037fa90f_o.jpg
I'm really digging your snazzy plastic bullet shots... damn iPhone! :D

I don't know what they are, but I want to eat one... or three. Is it chili jam, or strawberry? (based on the slices of strawberry accompanying the pastry)

imgp0346r.jpg

Pentax K10D - 1/10s - f/8.0 - ISO100 - 21mm
Again, a masterful seascape. I don't know how you manage to capture the light, clouds, and motion of the water in as many different ways as you do. It shows a great deal of patience, and a ton of artistic skill. This is a very lovely, painterly photography, worth of being on a wall--big!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

Was without my Canon for the past week, had to use my iPhone, used a fair few of those photo editing apps out, this one is a combination of Colour Mill and Format126.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Beautiful light in this, and it's nice and sharp at 1/50 sec. This shot makes me think about all the living that went on in this house over the decades, and if I was there I'd probably be listening for the echos of those long-gone voices. Nicely framed and composed. What 12-24 were you using? Nikkor or Tokina?
-phil

Thanks!, The house was one of the first built in the village in the 1890's, and still occupied when I first came to town in the early 80's. Sadly, the owner could never get the funds together to make repairs, so it just keeps falling in on its self.

As for the lens, why it is the Tokina 12-24mm f/4.0 ATX Pro DX Zoom... I was admiring your harbor shots, and treated myself to this lens after Tax time. I have been fortunate enough to be out late this last week at sundown with camera in hand. It sure does a nice job with that magic hour light. I also believe it will still work in FF when I make my dream move to the D700. Must get kids out of college and supporting themselves:)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
And just for the record, I'm using the original 8GB iPhone, with the UBER crappy camera. Can't wait for this next one to hit. UPGRADE TIME!
That makes two of us... I want one so bad right now. But, keep your old one, too. Someday it will be a collectors item, I'm sure.
Thanks!, The house was one of the first built in the village in the 1890's, and still occupied when I first came to town in the early 80's. Sadly, the owner could never get the funds together to make repairs, so it just keeps falling in on its self.

As for the lens, why it is the Tokina 12-24mm f/4.0 ATX Pro DX Zoom... I was admiring your harbor shots, and treated myself to this lens after Tax time. I have been fortunate enough to be out late this last week at sundown with camera in hand. It sure does a nice job with that magic hour light. I also believe it will still work in FF when I make my dream move to the D700. Must get kids out of college and supporting themselves:)
It's sad when that happens to an old place with many stories it could tell. I'm glad you're enjoying the Tokina. Nothing's perfect, but I've been very happy with mine. As long as you watch the flare tendencies (something not unique to this particular wide-angle zoom anyway) you can get some really stunning images out of it. I really do like the way it renders colors--matches well with Nikon body.
Keep shooting in the golden hour, we only get a couple of them a day if we're lucky... (the old Galen Rowell philosophy... ;) )

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Sooc

From a car show a couple months back. SOOC, full manual... Ford F-100.

Click for large...

More from the car show in this set.

Exif Info:
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 22 mm
ISO Speed: 100

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
I don't know what they are, but I want to eat one... or three. Is it chili jam, or strawberry? (based on the slices of strawberry accompanying the pastry)

I wish I knew. Every time I go to one of these competitions I see some spectators that get to try the dishes after the judging is done. I never seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Here is mine for today. You can tell how exciting this party was:

575dec

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Clematis

Really hot in London today. A clematis in our garden this afternoon. I quite liked the bokeh on this one, but welcome your C&C.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 42 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.