Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphamale

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2010
Tromso Norway
IMG_0798.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
A three night camping trip and every night we were treated to this view.
One night I hired a couple of swans to lighten up the scene.

nhemert0078.jpg

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Yeah.... HDR

Hmmm way out of register ? You'll have to please explain just what that "register" is Doylem.

Yep... hand held on a floating dock. 'Fraid a tripod would not have been a lot of use given the movement of the dock.

Its a two shot HDR... one exposure with flash, the other at 0ev.

I kind of like the "light" that was created by the post processing too.... given the fact that I was at dockside too late in the day. I do think I'll revisit the spot though because there some potemntial here.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Barry

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Thank you Thank you ( get it )

Ahhh.... okay, thanks. You're correct. In fact I cropped the image because of that. So now I've learned something about photography today. PLUS, I've changed a mono winged aircraft into a bi-plane !

Registers, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks again.

Barry

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
"Do I look like a Strike Dog to You?"

The Plastic Bullet iPhone photography spree CONTINUES!
4636112285_7412b406f3_o.jpg

OG iPhone First Gen.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
My girlfriend

Some of you have been showing off photos of your lovely wives, girlfriends, etc ... so I just had to do the same.

4572686701_e3a4bc4965_b.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 450 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: +1 EV

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Out of register: the images don't match up. Once you get past the propeller, there's two of everything.

Are you sure it's not just whatever you've been drinking, down by the lake?:)

Here's mine for today. I would very much like to hear your suggestions as to what post processing in Aperture might make this more interesting. I quite like the composition, and the equipment - whatever it is - looks kind of sinister; also, the pattern on the wall behind looks like a map of the world. But it all looks rather "flat" ...

A heron hunting... I dunno what, near the Thames at Richmond.

img87881.jpg

You don't get much nearer the Thames than that ...

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts
front-0.jpg

Notre Dame des Graces is such a beautiful cathedral. It was the setting for Pavarotti's Christmas Concert on PBS for years. But they did not capture the vivid colors as well as you! Do you have the EXIF handy? Specifically, I was wondering how long the exposure was. Did you use a tripod?

Thanks for posting!

Greg

rekud300

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
Ohio
Flag at Night

Driving to work and took this around 5am ISO640 2.5 secs. w/tripod. Tried different ISO's to get just enough of the Flag waving in the wind. This came out the best.

Attachments

• DSC_0321.jpg
    DSC_0321.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 96

banya95

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2009
Winnipeg
front-0.jpg

Notre Dame des Graces is such a beautiful cathedral. It was the setting for Pavarotti's Christmas Concert on PBS for years. But they did not capture the vivid colors as well as you! Do you have the EXIF handy? Specifically, I was wondering how long the exposure was. Did you use a tripod?

Thanks for posting!

Greg

Thanks to all for your nice comments. I have many, many more of this stunning church.

Yes, I did use a tripod. This was the "RAW" picture right off of the camera saved as a jpeg. There was no editing done to this picture other than the size and conversion to jpeg.

EXIF Summary: 6s f/10.0 ISO200 10mm 0 EV
Canon 7D with 10 - 20mm Sigma

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.