Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
What do you think?

4639828832_e3794d91d2_b.jpg
^ Great colors on one of the true heros of the last great war. Nice angle to show off the plane. I would like to see it moved a bit out of the center of the frame. If the tail is closer to the edge of the frame with an expanse of blue on the right it will give a sense that it is going somewhere.

^ Fantastic colors. All of the elements combine to make a wonderful photo. I have been enjoying all of your interesting SouthWest landscapes. Perhaps you will become the Doylem of the American West.

Dale

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Heiliggeist Restaurant

p3046101-4.jpg

7D with 17-55 @ 17mm; 0.6s @ f8; 800 ISO; Camera on table

Old church converted into an amazing restaurant in Mainz, Germany.

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
^ Fantastic colors. All of the elements combine to make a wonderful photo. I have been enjoying all of your interesting SouthWest landscapes. Perhaps you will become the Doylem of the American West.

Dale

Thanks Dale... many of my shots are restricted to the Nevada area so my images are not representative of the large and beautiful "Southwest." The Southwest is rich in scenery and great fodder for hungry photographers looking for something to shoot. I am happy to contribute a small number of views which reflect this beauty.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

#1 KID

Removed the lens from the camera to take this, sadly this was the best focussing I could do but I still like the effect, a DIY tilt shift if you will.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: (Removed) /50 mm
ISO Speed: 400

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
^^^^ Lovely photo... perfectly timed with the duck under the bridge.

BTW, it's striking to me how much effort was likely invested in building this bridge (a LONG time ago) over what seems like a minor fordable water way... outstanding. Now-a-days, such a bridge (if one could be justified) would be slapped together in an afternoon and wouldn't be close to worthy of a photo.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Lake Scranton Panorama

Shot this the other day- Stitch of 16 images shot with a D3x and 20-35mm AF-D at 20mm. Autopano Pro stitched, then into Photoshop. Single-image HDR in Photoshop CS5 to get the right side sun through the trees balanced with the rest of the image, some saturation and contrast adjustments, levels adjustments to remove a bit of haze and a final crop to a 3:1 aspect ratio.

Lake Scranton in Northeastern PA

ls-smaller.jpg

Paul

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Meh

This is kind of a throw away picture, nothing really special about it at all. I've been shooting quite a lot of video with my T2i lately. This image is actually an image taken while I was shooting video, as you can kind of guess from the EXIF details.

Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 1600

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Shot this the other day- Stitch of 16 images shot with a D3x and 20-35mm AF-D at 20mm. Autopano Pro stitched, then into Photoshop. Single-image HDR in Photoshop CS5 to get the right side sun through the trees balanced with the rest of the image, some saturation and contrast adjustments, levels adjustments to remove a bit of haze and a final crop to a 3:1 aspect ratio.

ls-smaller.jpg
Seems like a lot of work. IMO, the lines lead to the centre when the structure on the right is what stands out. I think the HDR has defeated the image by flattening out your scene. With that many shots I would guess you are trying to convey the expanse of the view while it reads as a crop of a single shot. Maybe an ND grad would have served you better to help provide some contrast.

Wow. Stunning clarity. Is the colour image as interesting as the BW? Nice composition.

I love the repetition. Too bad the one person gets caught in the top right and the item on the lower left table isn't more interesting.

Here's mine for today. A shot from a yesterday's play off qualifier. We won 2-0.
yjo972

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Seems like a lot of work. IMO, the lines lead to the centre when the structure on the right is what stands out. I think the HDR has defeated the image by flattening out your scene. With that many shots I would guess you are trying to convey the expanse of the view while it reads as a crop of a single shot. Maybe an ND grad would have served you better to help provide some contrast.

Thanks for the comments.

Native 100% res is going to be large enough that printed it'll not look like a crop, I just wanted the image online small enough to get the door into the shot without scrolling. The problem with using a grad in this case is that it wouldn't have lit the trees in the right hand foreground and would have darkened the sky on the left- I much prefer the HDR version when looking at them side-by-side.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008

Trying out figure out a good way to do split tone processing in Adobe Camera RAW. The effect works great for city shots.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Photograph from my garden on Monday 24th May 2010... ISO 100, 6.2mm zoom, f/3.5, 1/1250th second shutter speed.

1001645a.jpg

I have also increased Highlight Tones, Dark Tones, and Light Tones, and decreased Shadow tones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.