Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
p535296029-5.jpg

Sun catching rain on the hills north of Kelowna, BC

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Panasonic GF1 and a £6 Canon 28mm FD
4636446290_7731c488d3_o.jpg
Great shot, lots of textures and grades of light. The GF1 looks like a lot of fun--you were able to fit a Canon lens on it? Any special adaptor? I thought it would only take 4/3 lenses from Panasonic or Olympus...

Greg

eng42ine

macrumors 68000

My first submission for the potd, gonna be starting a project 365 on June 1 with a few friends, c&c welcome and encouraged.

I saw these clouds outside my firehouse this evening at about 8 est and got to use the new tripod for the first time, theres a few others from tonight on my flickr

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I really like the composition and the symphony of tans. Casio could use this photo to demo their point-and-shoots!
Greg

Thanks! Too bad the camera is more than 5 years old, but the Z-750 is the sharpest, lightest P&S...EVER. If it had image stabilization, I would've never gotten the Canon G10.

p535296029-5.jpg

Absolutely stunning. Can't get Ollie Williams out of my head though when I see it.

Mr Ski 73

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Nice. I like the brown stone used for all the buildings. I presume it was quarried locally. Is the last building with the Gothic windows a church?

Thanks, yes I think it is a church, stone is local and has been there for years.

Mr Ski 73

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Great shot, lots of textures and grades of light. The GF1 looks like a lot of fun--you were able to fit a Canon lens on it? Any special adaptor? I thought it would only take 4/3 lenses from Panasonic or Olympus...

Greg

Greg

All MFT cameras will take adapters which mean you can mount just about any type of lens. For example a Canon FD to MFT adapter cost me £25. You can pick a used G1 up on ebay now for around £200 which is very cheap, prices have dropped since the introduction of the G2

uplusd

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Silicon Valley
Shot this today. My first time out ever with a DLSR. I spent the last week reading a book on photography and specifically the 450D. What do you guys think?

camera: eos 450d
lens: ef-s 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS w/ uv filter and lens hood
focal length: 18mm
aperture: f/3.5
exposure time: 1/100s
iso: 2oo (highlight tone priority on)

flower.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Salford Quays this afternoon. Give me stormy skies, and the occasional patch of sunlight... and I'm happy for hours... :)

salfordquays.jpg
^ Very nice light and dynamic sky. The colors work together very well. Modern structures are a bit new for you, my friend. Interesting to see you step out of your well established comfort zone.

Time to start watering...
4646244256_f4c0dbc87e_o.jpg

Greg
^Good framing and use of simple colors. An all around good photo.

Shot this today. My first time out ever with a DLSR. I spent the last week reading a book on photography and specifically the 450D. What do you guys think?

camera: eos 450d
lens: ef-s 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS w/ uv filter and lens hood
focal length: 18mm
aperture: f/3.5
exposure time: 1/100s
iso: 2oo (highlight tone priority on)

flower.jpg
^ I have that camera and it has served me well. The kit lens you used isn't very sharp but will do until you decide if you want to get a better one. My suggestion is to stick with the basic settings until you have a good feel of the camera. The XSi/450D/Kiss II is not sharp at ISO 200, keep it at 100 for now. Set the camera up as simply as you can. Turn off that highlight tone priority and set the White Balance to Neutral. Shoot with these settings until you learn what the camera will give you with as little in-camera processing as possible.

Nice photo! (edit by me...)
Mike, please, TIMG quotes. I know you can do it...

Dale

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Storm Clouds in Ripon

In California for family Father-in-law's 80th Birthday party... it is a surprise, hope all goes well...

Snapped this while walking the dog with my Brother-in-law.

hand held - Crop
Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.