Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfs244

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
manhattan-street.jpg

manhattan streetlife late october on a thursday afternoon, yay

Amazing shot. What kind of processing was involved?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
My Hackles were already up ;)
Seriously though , I was more worried about you being offended by the accusation you were in Scotland, you know we would adopt you any day :D

You're prepared to adopt?? Is that England as a whole, or just me? I come highly recommended: I'm house-trained and require only a short walk each day. ;)

When your pic started to scroll down, it looked kinda dull. Then it all came together... and wow! There's barely any light, but it hangs together so beautifully as an image. If the tourism people are looking for an iconic pic that 'says' 'wild Scotland', then they need look no further. Terrific...

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
My Hackles were already up ;)
Seriously though , I was more worried about you being offended by the accusation you were in Scotland, you know we would adopt you any day :D

Ooh, don't confuse the Lake District with Scotland. The Scots are prickly about such matters (and much else ;)).

Yeah, especially because of the info in Doylem's "Location" I feel really stupid right now:) sorry everyone

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah, especially because of the info in Doylem's "Location" I feel really stupid right now:) sorry everyone

No problem... I only know where Italy is 'cos it's such a distinctive shape (oh, and 'cos I been there). But I honestly couldn't place all the new Balkan countries in a map of Europe... :(

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Near Prestwick airport? We must meet for a pint when I visit Scotland again.

Maybe organise a MacRumors golf outing? Some good public courses there.

You're prepared to adopt?? Is that England as a whole, or just me?

Just the whole of the Lake District! Or maybe have the golf outing at the wonderful Silloth GC.

Right, here was the plan: get down low on the floor, take some pictures looking up at the baby.
The result: No! Leave my lens alone!
3028644720_27cf4566db.jpg

:D

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Or maybe have the golf outing at the wonderful Silloth GC.

Ah, Silloth, the resort that time forgot...

I remember going into the Tourist Information Centre in Silloth to see if I could buy a book on the Cumbria Coastal Way. The lady behind the counter looked at me as if I was mad. "You don't need a book", she said, witheringly, "make sure the sea's on your right, and just keep walking". True enough, but I think she'd missed the meeting about customer care...

judywoodskh6.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
This is mine. A shot taken at a local fireworks event just last weekend.
Sweet exposure! I'm impressed.

>sick pic<
It feels very serene there.:)

There was a lot of action in Cocoa Beach this weekend, with the pros competing against a few lucky selected amateurs.
In the practice area, this grom was making his own mark.

_B082966.jpg

Olympus E-3 + 50-200mm SWD with EC-14 1.4x tc (580mm equiv.)

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
Currently writing a website for my friend's bathroom business, here's a picture I took for it. First time I've used RAW.

I was inspired by your shot to try some indoor photo's of stuff in my house, especially as the weather is so rubbish here! Found this little fella as a test subject:

3028721701_52801220b8.jpg

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
I was inspired by your shot to try some indoor photo's of stuff in my house, especially as the weather is so rubbish here!

Yeah, dark when I go to work and dark when I return! As a result, I've been taking portraits of the kids. I think I've done all I can now without getting some backgrounds and lighting, my built-in camera flash is now really starting to bug me.

3027808865_feaa01e7f9.jpg

shelbias

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
valdore: your HDR technique is out of this world! i could never get my shots to look anywhere close to that. do you mind sharing tips to a newbie?

here's mine for today: the mural above the Foucault Pendulum at the Griffith Observatory.

3018647292_3ea24a5d7e.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
You're prepared to adopt?? Is that England as a whole, or just me? I come highly recommended: I'm house-trained and require only a short walk each day. ;)

When your pic started to scroll down, it looked kinda dull. Then it all came together... and wow! There's barely any light, but it hangs together so beautifully as an image. If the tourism people are looking for an iconic pic that 'says' 'wild Scotland', then they need look no further. Terrific...

I was going to say we'd just adopt you as a test case in the beginning, but Fuzzy14's idea of annexing the whole of the Lake District is super ! It's too hilly to be in England anyway ;)

Glad you liked the shot as well, love the forest one you posted, gorgeous colours.

Oblomow Yip very near to Prestwick !

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
amazing colours like always Steamie... I' m leaving to New York today so I will be bringing some photos on tuesday yay

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006

Anther shot that looks kinda dull as it's scrolling down from the top... then the light on the grass - and fallen leaves - just pull it all together. Another lovely shot, Steamie. Someone's planted the trees in regimented lines, yet each tree has its own individual character. And I like the emptiness: no people... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.