Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
This is the second time i've tried to get this shot and was more pleased with the results this time.

That's a great looking shot Steamie

Mine taken this morning by the office I work in.
3024346889_8b251e3975.jpg

Larger Version

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Man, all of these are great. You guys are in a league of your own! :D

Here's the praying mantis that adopted the front door.

IMG31158_resized_flipped.png

By the way, quick question. Are photos posted in this thread only supposed to be taken in November, or does it not matter? Just wonderin'.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Ah, a connoisseur of mud... ;)

There's the dream profession of any child. :rolleyes:

Here's the praying mantis that adopted the front door.

Sweet! Do you live in Europe, by any chance?

By the way, quick question. Are photos posted in this thread only supposed to be taken in November, or does it not matter? Just wonderin'.

It's one pic a day, no matter the day it was taken, AFAIK. :)

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
The above picture is amazing.

Great job.

I'm very very tempted to play around with some ND filters, you may have finally convinced me.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
tunnel-small.jpg

Taken last night on my way back from the coast. EOS 40D 50mm f/1.4 1/80 ISO 800

No post processing.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
3025057808_377b37b169.jpg

Only corrected white balance and leveled the shot. Took the other night after the first snow snowfall that stuck to the ground. Would have taken more shots but snow started back up and got to cold and wet covering the camera during long exposure.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
@Doylem, I really liked the cityscape picture you took last month. Seeing your rush hour pic, I can't help but wonder if you're getting closer to urban environments. Are you still able to wait for the lighting to get "interesting" in those settings?

Thanks. The Lake District (Cumbria) is the least populous county in England, but it's not really remote. The big city ain't so far away. I feel like a 'hick from the sticks' in the city these days (and London is like going to Mars...), but I used to live in the city. I'd like to do more urban pix when I get the time...

Yes, the light 'lifts' a cityscape just as it does a landscape of green fields - bouncing off glass, reflecting onto other buildings, ambient light interacting with the artificial light, pools of light surrounded by shadow, etc...

Even the mud in Scotland is interesting:) is it often like that? did you look for it? how long have you waited for the light..a lot of questions,I know, but all of your pictures just amaze me

Ooh, don't confuse the Lake District with Scotland. The Scots are prickly about such matters (and much else ;)).

I like looking for patterns... and the beaches change with every tide. It's fun to find little compositions at your feet. The one I posted yesterday looks rather different the other way up (all to do with the way we perceive things... depending on which direction the light's coming from. An optical illusion)...

mudagainwd2.jpg
mudrivuletsgp8.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Ooh, don't confuse the Lake District with Scotland. The Scots are prickly about such matters (and much else ;)).

My Hackles were already up ;)
Seriously though , I was more worried about you being offended by the accusation you were in Scotland, you know we would adopt you any day :D

This Is Scotland

Timmyb & Soup4you2 excellent shots

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.