Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Pebble Beach

3008539905_4a594454e2.jpg

Scott56R

Mar 14, 2008
Only just noticed this thread (mainly visit iPhone section)

Picture of my car taken the other night..

car_1.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I have? oo that s not good ahhaha.. you could be right, don't think i did tho. I'll take a look around..maybe in the HDR thread or something..

<search search>
Found it!
Just a few days ago! The 13th photo of this thread. :)
Think of it as a good sign that someone remembered your photo.

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Terrific, Steamie. I bet you're proud of this one...

A break in the clouds, limestone country...

cloudbreakyk8.jpg

Doylem, I always love your pictures, somehow the scenery you shoot seems to always have very interesting lighting. Here too you get the nice golden sun in the foreground with the dark clouds and the shaded parts in the distance. Love the scenery in your homeland.
I personally find this picture ever so slightly under-exposed, but thats an opinion thing. Thanks for posting.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem, I always love your pictures, somehow the scenery you shoot seems to always have very interesting lighting. Here too you get the nice golden sun in the foreground with the dark clouds and the shaded parts in the distance. Love the scenery in your homeland.
I personally find this picture ever so slightly under-exposed, but thats an opinion thing. Thanks for posting.

Many thanks. My favourite weather forecast is "changeable", and I go out taking pictures when a lot of people might stay at home. It means I get wet a lot, but when the sun does make an appearance - through a small 'aperture' in the cloud cover - it makes for dramatic (and naturally saturated) colours.

Grasmere today...

grasmerecolourby1.jpg

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
<search search>
Found it!
Just a few days ago! The 13th photo of this thread. :)
Think of it as a good sign that someone remembered your photo.

oo crap you are right.. haha..

and yes I will take that as a huge compliment..

P.s: photo removed

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Love it! How do you do the white background thing? Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply...i haven't been here in a few days. It's a 107" roll of seamless white paper blown to white with a strobe. For the reflection, I put a white tile board on the ground (it's basically like the surface of a whiteboard).

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
The nine time world champ comes home around thanksgiving every year - the Slater brothers put on an invitational event including pros and some lucky amateurs who win the honor of a spot in heats against the masters... including Kelly.

_B072069-1.jpg

E-3 + 50-200mm SWD
f/5.6
1/1250 sec

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Thanks! It was taken after I was finished watching the sea turtles basking in the sun, on Laniakea Beach :D. It's a sunset, in case you were wondering. After about the third day, I couldn't get up to see the sunrises anymore (I adjusted to the time difference) :p

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

I'm intrigued by your shot; just a shame I need to scroll down to see the whole thing. I like the way it 'works' in either two or three dimensions. It can be viewed as a realistic scene... or as patterns on a flat plane. It's almost like an optical illusion (an illusion helped by the absense of shadows, but marred a little by the sign and rubbish on the tarmac).

The blue of the building is a perfect match - tonally - for the orange-brown of the temporary hoardings. And there's the contrast between the geometry of windows and the diagonal shapes below. A touch of Mondrian??

I'd be interested to know what your thoughts were, as you composed the shot and pressed the shutter... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.