Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shelbias

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
new-york-city.jpg

Three RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/4.0 // Focal Length: 30 mm // ISO 800

Last Tuesday evening, Rockefeller Center - New York City.

Your pictures never fail to inspire, valdore. Awesome shot! :D

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Very nice, though I imagine the anti-HDR crowd would criticize it. Is that the River Thames, by chance? Looks familiar to me.

That's okay we can't all like the same things right? oh and no it's not the River Thames, it's Pigeon Lake in Ontario actually, on the Kawartha lakes region

here is mine for today...

RAW-HDR...50mm...f/4.5...ISO100

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

Pentax K10d / f13 / 50mm / iso320 (this was by accident) 1/25 sec

Thanks very much Nuwomb & Fuzzy14 glad you liked them :)

Super shot's posted by everyone again.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Here is mine from today:

click for bigger

I'm new to all this so C&C appreciated.

Hi... is this HDR (paler sky behind the tree... slightly out of focus, far left)? If so, I don't see how it could help... in that the scene is very evenly lit already...

More limestone country (but no sheep :()...

limestonecairnqg7.jpg

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Yikes, how do you guys get such a good reflection of the scenery? Did you guys edit it or the water is really that clear and peaceful?

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Hi... is this HDR (paler sky behind the tree... slightly out of focus, far left)? If so, I don't see how it could help... in that the scene is very evenly lit already...

Hi, yes it is an HDR. I saw the paleness behind the tree too and wasn't too happy with that. As for the far left its not in focus at all even in the original.
Once again I'm new to this so I didn't know what route to take to make it "POP".
Maybe I will try something in Lightroom?
Thanks for the comments. Any suggestions appreciated.

And of course, great capture as usual Doylem :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Hi, yes it is an HDR. I saw the paleness behind the tree too and wasn't too happy with that. As for the far left its not in focus at all even in the original.
Once again I'm new to this so I didn't know what route to take to make it "POP".
Maybe I will try something in Lightroom?

My point was simply that you don't need HDR at all for a normal, well-lit scene... :)

To make a scene 'pop', IMO, it's all about the light (ie not post-processing at all)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.