Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
raider

raider.jpg

Super shot. What an incredible creature you found there!

My new project is to find and photograph old Yugoslav-era farmhouses before they all get razed. Here's number two in the series:

DecrepitFarmhouse1.jpg

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Click for larger

This evening I watched Trey Ratcliff (stuckincustoms - you know, the great photographer who has pushed HDR in to our lives?) and his Interview with the book publisher (Peachpit) about his new book coming out soon. While I have experimented with HDR over the past 3 years, I have steered away from it recently as I push my own post processing style for Landscapes combining the use with on camera filters.

This is not to say that occasionally I wont pop out 3/5 exposures to blend as a HDR down the road sometime which is what happened with this shot. Inspired by Trey, this is a 2 shot (6 exposures) panoramic of Bryce Canyon at Sun Rise Point at Sun Set (confusing?).

I struggle with finding my 'Vision' at Bryce... but I will continue to push it further.

PS - the red glowing trees are where the sun was. The smoke is from controlled fires

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Note to Doylem

The flooding in your region of the UK made the National television news here in Canada last night. I hope you are high and dry and okay! The boffins on the telly said this was a one in a thousand year weather system for Cumbria. ( is that the proper spelling ? ) In any case, best wishes... and I imagine Windermere will be all the wetter.

BJ

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
That's a worthy project and a neat looking farmhouse. Is it a barn and house in one building?

Thanks. Yeah, it was a common design, although this one is unusually connected. Most that I see have different wings for barn and house (although they are still attached at some point).

Phrasikleia: Thanks for the comments on my redo. Yes, it is 1/2 stop under.

A wall in Tacoma.

mosswall.jpg

EXIF Summary: 1/125s f/8.0 ISO100 28mm

Dale

Nice color and graphic composition. It would make a good background for some text.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
The flooding in your region of the UK made the National television news here in Canada last night. I hope you are high and dry and okay! The boffins on the telly said this was a one in a thousand year weather system for Cumbria. ( is that the proper spelling ? ) In any case, best wishes... and I imagine Windermere will be all the wetter.

Thanks. Yesterday we had more rain than on any other day since records began. Lots of flooding in the North of Cumbria, lots of people facing Christmas in temporary accomodation. I got off pretty lightly, 'cos my shack's on a slope (rather than in a floodplain) but, yes, the lake is amazingly high.

This is Cockermouth - in calmer days, pre-flood - the little town that's been hardest hit...

cockermouth.jpg

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006

Click for larger

This evening I watched Trey Ratcliff (stuckincustoms - you know, the great photographer who has pushed HDR in to our lives?) and his Interview with the book publisher (Peachpit) about his new book coming out soon. While I have experimented with HDR over the past 3 years, I have steered away from it recently as I push my own post processing style for Landscapes combining the use with on camera filters.

This is not to say that occasionally I wont pop out 3/5 exposures to blend as a HDR down the road sometime which is what happened with this shot. Inspired by Trey, this is a 2 shot (6 exposures) panoramic of Bryce Canyon at Sun Rise Point at Sun Set (confusing?).

I struggle with finding my 'Vision' at Bryce... but I will continue to push it further.

PS - the red glowing trees are where the sun was. The smoke is from controlled fires

nice shot again.

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
B&b

This is a home in Deer Lake Newfoundland that was originally a doctors clinic made into a bed and breakfast notice the placement of the door knob! the intention was to keep the children from interupting the father/doctor while at work.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 82

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Thanks. Yesterday we had more rain than on any other day since records began. Lots of flooding in the North of Cumbria, lots of people facing Christmas in temporary accomodation. I got off pretty lightly, 'cos my shack's on a slope (rather than in a floodplain) but, yes, the lake is amazingly high.

I very much hope that you and those close to you are safe in the face of this adversity.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Here is a rare shot of me on the other side of the lens (and even at that, only half of my head makes it into shot). I like it because it was taken without my knowledge, I prefer natural pictures rather than posed. Taken on PS Waverley.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.