Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
4035890752_5d21b43c78_b.jpg

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
Wow!! Amazing photos everyone! You all take such wonderful photos! I like them all.
Here's mine for today. Nothing special but I like the colour.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Riding the Nelscott break...

Annual Nelscott Reef Tow-In Surfing Competition, Lincoln City, Oregon - from daybreak today until around 4:30pm surfers from around the country and the world hit the big waves on Nelscott Reef, a half-mile offshore from the Nelscott area of Lincoln City. Usually there's a two day notice for the participants to get here, because the contest is scheduled based on projected swells from the far reaches of the Pacific reaching the Nelscott break and doing their thing...

PHR_9275.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 300mm

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Trinity nl

:)This is a converted barn to accommodate a dinner theater.

Attachments

• DSC02186.jpg
    DSC02186.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 96

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008

Cool Photograph.

What do you think of your watermark or tagging for your photography?

What does that font say? It totally changes everything for me. And in a negative way. It makes me think old, dated, blah, whatever, nothing.

Sure, mark your photos...someone might show it somewhere and you get some 'marketing' but I don't..... I say atleast mark it in some way that fits with the style of photography or is done subtly. Take a step back. If you're happy with it, cool. If you start to question it, maybe it's time to brainstorm other ways to do it.

encephalon

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002

Great pic, no doubt.

I'm curious what the intention of the image was. Seeing the bridal bouquet on the ground puts me ill at ease. For some reason, it seems like something has gone wrong. For comparison, take the classic movie shot focusing on a pair of glasses on the ground, presumably knocked off their owner after something bad has happened. The subdued color, and bride and groom out of focus in the background standing solemnly with hands at their sides reinforces the feeling. It's a powerful image no doubt, but perhaps not my first choice for the cover of my wedding album :D

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Heading out...

More from yesterday's surf contest here in Lincoln City. Here a jet ski takes a surfer beyond the beach break so he can take on the waves a half mile offshore at the Nelscott Reef break.

PHR_9360.JPG

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 300mm

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
This is a fantastic shot. I love the composition and the tone.

+1, I love this shot. Great work...

Thanks ;)

Great pic, no doubt.

I'm curious what the intention of the image was. Seeing the bridal bouquet on the ground puts me ill at ease. For some reason, it seems like something has gone wrong. For comparison, take the classic movie shot focusing on a pair of glasses on the ground, presumably knocked off their owner after something bad has happened. The subdued color, and bride and groom out of focus in the background standing solemnly with hands at their sides reinforces the feeling. It's a powerful image no doubt, but perhaps not my first choice for the cover of my wedding album :D

Good points. Thanks for the critique ;) It's definitely unusual. This couple was quite "nontraditional" and they had a very informal ceremony. They seemed like a pretty artsy couple as well, so I was trying some things that were "out there". Normally when I do this shot with couples, I have them walking and it's a bit "warmer" in tone.

601663399_qhRfj-XL.jpg

However, for the shot I posted earlier, we were doing photos in the early afternoon with no clouds or outdoor shade, so I was limited in my compositional opportunities with regards to being able to do anything outdoors (due both to the unflattering light and the intense arizona heat), so there wasn't any room to do any walking.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Great pic, no doubt.

Yes, go figure.

I'm at the Canon Forums and in the Weddings thread, there's a lot of photos with people from the waist or neck down. Seems to be the "latest photo craze".

I don't like it. It's like all the photos my Mom has from when I took her Kodak Instamatic as a small child and took pics (I pointed the camera straight just like adults did, not up). :eek:

To each his/her/their own...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.