Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv

Nikon D90
18-105VR

I hope you dont mind but i downloaded the original from your flickr to put in my wallpaper rotation.

Incredible, i dont think i have ever seen a b&w HDR.

Nothing special (if ever..) but for those of us (like me) who will never have the experience, a view from the stage.
monument0018.jpg

This looks awesome, especially on my tv. I really feel like im there!:D

Thanks very much gents :D

@MrSmith it basically looked the same as this only it was about 4º too high at the lh side and it had 2 dust spots from the sensor on it. I Straightened it cloned out the spots and then posted it.

Todays shot on the hand has been a bit more heavily processed.
Taken yesterday at a shoot for an Alternative T-Shirt company.

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 16 mm
ISO Speed: 160
Flash Off camera set to 1/16th

The pp on this is amazing, any chance you could post the original?

Did this one for the fortnightly thread.

Candy apple'd vroom.

652725445_Vp25G-XL.jpg

That bike looks incredible, how ever im more of the crotch rocket type. That O.C.C. bike was pretty bad ass as well.

Care to share the exif on this one?

this photo was taken yesterday
hi-hat cymbal

i love the simplicity

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Ground crew at Southwest busy at work
3932290228_6f778e612c_o.jpg

I thought the original Southwest paint schemes were on the ugly side... but, wow! Do they really paint planes that color? :eek: Well, you certainly captured them in all their glory. ;)

Mine for today, then it's back to the boats...:)
I was out picking peppers...(ahem..no jokes about Peter Piper, please...;)) and this little guy had built a nice structure. I don't have a macro, so I gave it a look with the nifty-fifty 1.8.

DSC_8861.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: 1.8
Focal Length: 50mm

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
All pics with the lowly Canon A720 IS I've got. The only other option is a Canon Eos SLR (that's right, film) that belongs to my mom or an old 3.2 MP Vivitar.

The white flowers are from a tree in my yard. They usually come around every May or there about. This is also one of my first shots with the A720 IS I have now.

The bleeding hearts are next to my garage. One of my best pictures, IMO.

MoMA from a day in NYC over the summer. The building itself, interior and exterior, is one of the best-looking buildings I've ever seen. I do seriously doubt the safety of the glass handrail/walls on the walkways, however.

Sunset and daisy (or something like a daisy) from a local park.

The thumbnails look crappy. You really have to click on them to get the full brilliance of them, especially the bleeding hearts. Even the reduced-size pics I uploaded here are crappy compared to the full-size 8 MP shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    423.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6190.JPG
    IMG_6190.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6326.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6342.JPG
    IMG_6342.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 85

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Wow, I really love that shot! Not being technically perfect gives the photo a nice atmosphere in my opinion.
Thanks. I can do imperfect. :D Being of my own flesh and blood makes it more special for me, of course.

Can i get a little C & C on this one?
Lovely indeed. How did you get those colours...? Is it HDR?

I cycled out to the sunrise this morning and spent the rest of the day wishing I hadn't zzzzzzz..... C&C on this welcome, as always.

Attachments

• IMG_1748 2.jpg
    IMG_1748 2.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 75

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Mic Check... Er, Lens Check... 1-2, 1-2...

I occasionally low-ball something on eBay that I'm interested in, but not enough to actually go through the motions of researching prices, looking for a good copy, etc. Last week, it was a Nikkor 60mm Micro AF-D, which is a flat-field prime with a good reputation for sharpness and overall image quality. Well, my low-ball won, so today it arrived in absolutely pristine condition, I can't tell it's every been used, and so I was doing a few test shots with it and a cheapo ring-flash bouncer thingie I also got off of eBay because it was inside the "hey, I can play with that" price range (~$34.)

Attachments

• _DSC0921nc-a_s.jpg
    _DSC0921nc-a_s.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 100

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
I hope you dont mind but i downloaded the original from your flickr to put in my wallpaper rotation.

That bike looks incredible, how ever im more of the crotch rocket type. That O.C.C. bike was pretty bad ass as well.

i love the simplicity
Heres the original

3933442987_79f4d064be.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Cobra Bike

Since we seem to be having a few bikes this weather.
I do the Photography for a custom bike builder called Area51, this is one of their older creations. Their customer owned an A.C Cobra car and wanted a bike built to match, it cost £70k to build it but the guy is now selling off his entire bike collection and this one is going for £45k.
I recently completed a shoot for them that is covered by an NDA until the magazine it is going to be featured in hits the shelfs on 8th October, I'll post a shot of their latest bike then :D
Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Cobra Bike

Since we seem to be having a few bikes this weather.
I do the Photography for a custom bike builder called Area51, this is one of their older creations. Their customer owned an A.C Cobra car and wanted a bike built to match, it cost £70k to build it but the guy is now selling off his entire bike collection and this one is going for £45k.
I recently completed a shoot for them that is covered by an NDA until the magazine it is going to be featured in hits the shelfs on 8th October, I'll post a shot of their latest bike then :D
Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO Speed: 100
Steamie.........WOW! I really like the ocean shots you post but absolutely love this photo AND the Bike. I've said it b4...we need more bikes (people powered and motor) and more auto shots on this thread. Keep'em coming:D

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
This way to the egret ... (or heron as the case may be)

IMG_1099_1.jpg

Taken at Wakodahatchee Wetlands , Florida , 5D , 100-400 , f7.1@1/400 , iso 800
Apologies to the late P.T. Barnum

MBP123

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006

i love the simplicity

There was no PP on that one. The photo came through as you see it. It was a long shutter, and it was right before a big snowstorm so the clouds were moving at a pretty quick pace. The EXIF should be on the flickr page. But here it is anyway. And I do not mind you using the photo as your wallpaper. If anything, I am flattered.

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 25 sec (25)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
London Ontario Western Fair - 1 Love London Photoblog

black and white hdr can look quite awesome. I really want to try IR HDR someday - Convert my D300 to IR and purchase a dslr with video. oh dreams!

here is a fun one from our fair skyride:

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
black and white hdr can look quite awesome. I really want to try IR HDR someday - Convert my D300 to IR and purchase a dslr with video. oh dreams!

here is a fun one from our fair skyride:

I got your site bookmarked. I look forward to the IR HDR. :) I like the shot, its very fun.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Had the 50D for 4 days and finally got to put it through a nice work out yesterday at a car show.

3934746663_8da37f9c60_b.jpg

Boom. I'm loving this thing.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
I occasionally low-ball something on eBay that I'm interested in, but not enough to actually go through the motions of researching prices, looking for a good copy, etc. Last week, it was a Nikkor 60mm Micro AF-D, which is a flat-field prime with a good reputation for sharpness and overall image quality. Well, my low-ball won, so today it arrived in absolutely pristine condition, I can't tell it's every been used, and so I was doing a few test shots with it and a cheapo ring-flash bouncer thingie I also got off of eBay because it was inside the "hey, I can play with that" price range (~$34.)

Very nice. Simple...and stunning. What more can you ask for out of an image? Based on this shot alone I'd say it was a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.