Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
'Hey! I found this great stick in the ocean...! It's a really good stick!! Hah!"

Quite pleased with himself...

DSC_9040.NEF.jpg

Camera: NIKON
Model: D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 200mm

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Great rhythm leading to the building. Love it. It looks like it was difficult to resolve a good exposure to provide detail in the shadows without washing out the building.

modern day farmer with his partner
I don't understand the lighting in this image. It looks like late day sun by the length of the photographer's shadow, but the warm cast has been removed and the white is washed out. The shadow of the male seems incongruent with the photographer's shadow.

Love the late day sun glinting off the scrap. I wonder if the sloped horizon is intentional to add perspective or whether it would work equally well with a correction to the horizon.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Click above to see much larger

When we were at Monument Valley, we had a lot of trouble taking photos. The dust from the high winds was incredible. It would be everywhere, eyes, nose, mouth, ears... Became very annoying after a while.

On the flip side, the photos came out pretty unique. Everything had a redish hue to it and I feel adds to the strange atmosphere that is Monument Valley.

Canon 5D mkII, 24-70mm F/2.8 and Cokin Grad ND 0.9 filter

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
That's the town of Avon. Beaver Creek is the mountain with all the ski runs on it.. I love living here.

3958887841_3e06399d90_b.jpg

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
another from the series. To give you guys a background on the sport, the point of the sport is to put as much weight overhead as possible, either in one movement (the snatch, like the last picture), or in two movements, like this one I'm about to post.

Attachments

• joel_jerk  004.jpg
    joel_jerk 004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Love the late day sun glinting off the scrap. I wonder if the sloped horizon is intentional to add perspective or whether it would work equally well with a correction to the horizon.
Thanks for the kind words. Here's a mostly similar shot, save for the horizon. It came down to those two and I decided I liked the sloped one better.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Oh my guys those last couple of images are just amazing. Tony your landscapes shots are just drool worthy.

PhxTriode

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Enjoy

Grand Canyon last winter.

5d
24-105L IS
1/400sec 47mm f/7 AV mode ISO 1000
circular polarizer
Converted to B/W in Aperture

Attachments

• _MG_6512Grandcanyon.jpg
    _MG_6512Grandcanyon.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 107

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Nothing Special

Picked up a 5D Mark II yesterday, finally joined the FF bandwagon. I love it. This is just my friend Josh in his Kitchen, lit by the Kitchen Table lamp.

josh-3200.jpg

Canon EOS 5D Mark II :: 135 mm :: f 2 :: 1/500 sec :: iso 3200 (and looking veeeery good)

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
was this cropped? impressive shot, specially since it was shot w/ a 5D @ 70mm w/ f/5.6 and 1/125!!

I love it.

It wasn't cropped by much. This was taken with the 24-70 at almost minimum focus distance while the bird (Saker Falcon) was sitting on the handlers hand. The bird was fascinated by the large lens opening "looking" at it and the winking of the aperture diaphragm. The handler told me that the bird was interested and not threatened, so it was safe for me to gradually get closer.

Another photo from a bit further away. [LINK]

And my "official" photo of the day.. :D

Bad in many ways, but I like the look of it anyway...

IMG_2139.jpg

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Picked up a 5D Mark II yesterday, finally joined the FF bandwagon. I love it. This is just my friend Josh in his Kitchen, lit by the Kitchen Table lamp.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II :: 135 mm :: f 2 :: 1/500 sec :: iso 3200 (and looking veeeery good)

Very nice. That's one thing I miss about the old 5D I used to have, the high ISO was amazing....

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
It wasn't cropped by much. This was taken with the 24-70 at almost minimum focus distance while the bird (Saker Falcon) was sitting on the handlers hand. The bird was fascinated by the large lens opening "looking" at it and the winking of the aperture diaphragm. The handler told me that the bird was interested and not threatened, so it was safe for me to gradually get closer.

Another photo from a bit further away. [LINK]

And my "official" photo of the day.. :D

Bad in many ways, but I like the look of it anyway...

Both of the images are excellent. I love the eagle one (at least that is what I think it is). Very evil and wicked looking bird. He/she is almost scowling at you for taking the picture. Excellent shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.