Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
A quiet corner of Penrith...

penrithcorner.jpg

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
ok, got a series coming up (I'll post one a day, I got some interesting ones) from another olympic weightlifting meet I was at in Queens on Saturday. :cool:

this one is of one of the girls, Arielle, who is a top Junior lifter in the 69kilo gram weightclass, and this was an attempt at just over bodyweight in the snatch lift, at 70kilo's. Impressive girl, considering that was what I snatched @ the event!

Attachments

• arielle_70  002.jpg
    arielle_70 002.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 119

object88

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
I like the colors, textures and the DoF - I was just wondering what a Mao lighter, a book on practical engineering, a light bulb, a 10 Yen coin and a 20 Euro Cent coin have to do with each other...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments! Honestly, spitfirejd is pretty much correct; they don't have a lot in common.

I couldn't get a good photo of the lighter a while ago, and in the interum, it was stuck in an odd-things bowl. I liked it in there. The photos wanted more, though, so I tried a few items -- that particular book seemed to compliment the colors.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Very restful, with pastel (rather than primary) colours.

I'm doing a project (which I'm hoping will turn into a book), to find 'authentic' ways to combine pix and text... so they kinda create something else... an extra dimension. Even superimposing words directly on pix like this one, which could work both as interesting images in their own right, while not 'competing' with the text. Just 'thinking aloud' as yet...

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Very restful, with pastel (rather than primary) colours.

I'm doing a project (which I'm hoping will turn into a book), to find 'authentic' ways to combine pix and text... so they kinda create something else... an extra dimension. Even superimposing words directly on pix like this one, which could work both as interesting images in their own right, while not 'competing' with the text. Just 'thinking aloud' as yet...

Thank you! What you suggested as a project would be a wonderful book! I hope you follow through with it. I shot this peaceful image right off my deck as the sun was at just the right angle to pick up the colors of trees and buildings across the lake and reflect them. While right now everything is still pretty green, some few trees are already beginning to change and I am keeping my eye on one in particular.

jmdfd415

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Just got a D300 last week so I did a little shooting this weekend. Here is one of the shots I got. Its also clickable to my my flickr photostream.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Getting used to my new/used camera. Shooting jpg only until I get used to the handling.

Canon xsi Tamron 28-300 f/3.5 VR(IS)

Dale

Attachments

• SpanawayStreet.jpg
    SpanawayStreet.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.