Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
FallTrailb_7226b.jpg

I'm sure I've seen this shot a few times on this forum... but I enjoy it every time. A lot of PP is like a bull in a china shop: y'know, push this button, that button, see what this slider does... if '4' looks good, maybe slide it up to '10'... Wow, that's different... etc.

But I really like the restricted colour scene here, the softness and delicacy of the image, the way it's almost compressed into two dimensions rather than three. And, anyway, I love silver birches... ;)

Old pub, new sculpture in Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire (a pioneering example of how crap public art can bring a community together)...

knifeo.jpg

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Click photo for larger

The Grand Canyon at Yavapai point about 10 minutes after the sun went down. Again, as I have said over my past images of the Grand Canyon, this is my favorite time to shoot. The colors are spectacular, the tourists disappear and it's just incredible calm and beautiful.

This has been slightly altered in Lightroom. Firstly, it was too dark, so I bumped up the exposure (thanks RAW file). Secondly, it lacked a bit of clarity in the canyon walls, so I bumped that up too. Thirdly I added some warmth to the image to bring back the colors I saw on the day. I left the camera in Auto White Balance and it was wrong.

Shot with a Canon 5D mkII, 24-70mm F/2.8L and a cokin 0.9 Grad ND filter

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I'm with Doylem on this one... it's lovely to look at. I think it would make a really nice print or poster... love the softness and subdued colors and tone.
Thanks to both of you for the nice comments. It's true that I have taken several shots of this trail that are somewhat similar, but with a snow-covered ground. I took the photo this week a day or two before the temperature dropped to 20 degrees F.

All i did to the RAW photo when processing with PSE was to reduce "Clarity" by approximately 35%, which in turn softened the image. I will be printing postcards of it.

paspas

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009

Clickable; C&C encouraged.

I like the colors, textures and the DoF - I was just wondering what a Mao lighter, a book on practical engineering, a light bulb, a 10 Yen coin and a 20 Euro Cent coin have to do with each other...:rolleyes:

Attached a shot I've taken only 2h ago. C&C welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_7385_.JPG
    IMG_7385_.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 89

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona

Click photo for larger

The Grand Canyon at Yavapai point about 10 minutes after the sun went down. Again, as I have said over my past images of the Grand Canyon, this is my favorite time to shoot. The colors are spectacular, the tourists disappear and it's just incredible calm and beautiful.

This has been slightly altered in Lightroom. Firstly, it was too dark, so I bumped up the exposure (thanks RAW file). Secondly, it lacked a bit of clarity in the canyon walls, so I bumped that up too. Thirdly I added some warmth to the image to bring back the colors I saw on the day. I left the camera in Auto White Balance and it was wrong.

Shot with a Canon 5D mkII, 24-70mm F/2.8L and a cokin 0.9 Grad ND filter

Amazing stuff, tony. Your work is top-notch in every way.

3954918284_1ea7fd4657_o.jpg

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
I have been experimenting with 'ghetto' lighting recently. This is a long exposure shot of a 1:18 scale die cast model McLaren MP4-22. The model was set on a book on the floor of my living room and I hung one of my girlfriend's LBDs on a chair behind it for the black background.

Only light that I used was one of those little LED torches which gives off a nice white light. Played that around the model while camera was on bulb mode for about 2 minutes. Cropped and adjusted exposure slightly in Photoshop.

Attachments

• McLaren MP4-22 Fernando Alonso 3.jpg
    McLaren MP4-22 Fernando Alonso 3.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.