Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Did some post processing on my original image and decided to upload this new one. This is the school I'm currently attending.

7835_270059200471_894815471_8902380_626674_n.jpg

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
ya, thx. The only thing that bothers me is the tire image in the background that sticks out above the hood. I may try to blur the background. Don't know.

Not sure that blur would work...have you thought about putting an entirely different background in via Photoshop/Gimp (or whatever else you may use)?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Not sure that blur would work...have you thought about putting an entirely different background in via Photoshop/Gimp (or whatever else you may use)?

Actually, I thought about to placing the car against a silver gradient backdrop like some kind of ad. I member of another forum place the car in a desert underneath some clouds. It was pretty nice looking.

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Camera: Canon
Model: XSi
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 1.8
Focal Length: 50mm

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 105

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
/"\/oo\/"\;8536168 said:
Camera: Canon
Model: XSi
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 1.8
Focal Length: 50mm

Sorry I don't like this one. Though the composition might be ok, it's not sharp and lacks a subject or topic. Is it a test shot?

/"\/oo\/"\

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Sorry I don't like this one. Though the composition might be ok, it's not sharp and lacks a subject or topic. Is it a test shot?

S'ok, given my lack of talent/experience compared to the usual folks that post here, I was kind of expecting that. It was a rushed shot as I was about to cross the street walking home- I ended up liking the composition and lighting (despite shooting facing the sun). The subject, if I had taken more time to focus properly, would've been the rose the homeless person is selling on the side of the road.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
/"\/oo\/"\;8538948 said:
S'ok, given my lack of talent/experience compared to the usual folks that post here, I was kind of expecting that. It was a rushed shot as I was about to cross the street walking home- I ended up liking the composition and lighting (despite shooting facing the sun). The subject, if I had taken more time to focus properly, would've been the rose the homeless person is selling on the side of the road.

not a good shot. you should have taken the guy with the rose he was selling.

object88

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
not a good shot. you should have taken the guy with the rose he was selling.

I disagree. I think the lack of focus has a positive effect; it makes me study the picture and decypher the story.

But then again, I have very bad eyesight, so I'm accustomed to seeing things in poor focus. I don't really need it to be sharp to enjoy it. :)

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Post Processing Critique

I posted this image from Antelope Canyon earlier this month:

That was pretty much straight out of the camera with minor white balance adjustments in Lightroom. I spent some more time with it last night but I'm mixed on whether or not I like the edited one better:

What do you think of new version? What would you have done differently?

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
kjp_6999.jpg

Kelly Joe Phelps...in session...the man's a genius

This is very compelling - a great portrait with wonderful texture.

Boston Public Library, Addition, designed by Phillip Johnson:

bostonatriumcopy.jpg

Shot with a Nikon D50 and 18-70mm kit lens.

When I looked at this larger, it really made me want to look at it for a while. It's unusual, and I like the light, and the stylistic muted colors and tone, with the almost oversaturated green of the plants as a cool contrast. Also, all the 90 degree line intersections contrast in a very interesting way with the curved arch and the converging lines of the ceiling. Overall, a really nice image...!

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
Yes, I managed to get a car shot at the car show:

Like it, except for the tires.

I posted this image from Antelope Canyon earlier this month:

That was pretty much straight out of the camera with minor white balance adjustments in Lightroom. I spent some more time with it last night but I'm mixed on whether or not I like the edited one better:
What do you think of new version? What would you have done differently?

I like the higher detail in the background of the second shot, but prefer the bluer tone of the guy's skin in the first shot.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
When I looked at this larger, it really made me want to look at it for a while. It's unusual, and I like the light, and the stylistic muted colors and tone, with the almost oversaturated green of the plants as a cool contrast. Also, all the 90 degree line intersections contrast in a very interesting way with the curved arch and the converging lines of the ceiling. Overall, a really nice image...!
Many thanks!

It's a great space. The addition stands in stark contrast to the "old" building... But it's a juxtaposition that works. Phillip Johnson—an amazing icon of design—truly knew the line of balance. As far as the photo, I felt that the tones of muted nature were fitting to the architecture. The late 60s and 70s atmosphere lends itself to have this classic aura that said colors best represent. Furthermore, as you've mentioned, the linear geometry is pure and almost stylistic (the arch, the stacks, the ceiling treatment), great qualities if properly executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.