Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
On the thumbnail I couldn't tell if it was bird droppings or something else. Blown up it is quite evident a paintball splat. The look on the face? the combination of humiliation and pain from taking a paintball to the side of the dome (commonly termed a 'headshot'). I must agree all the paintball gear in the background was distracting, but for me it helped tell the story.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Not having engaged in paintball, it never crossed my mind that that stuff was paint, and the items in the background were paintball accessories, so this is a case where a caption, or few words from the photographer about the picture would have helped a great deal. I always feel the contest entrants should say a little something about their photo, what it's about or to give it context - if necessary. Just because we discourage comments from others during the pre-judging period, doesn't mean the original photographers should remain silent about their pics. It helps to judge them better, makes them communicate an idea better.

k.love

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Hey sorry guys for not coming back to do the judging. i found out that i got a job offer so im really stoked.

Anyways congrats Skaliwag!

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Hey sorry guys for not coming back to do the judging. i found out that i got a job offer so im really stoked.

Anyways congrats Skaliwag!

It would have been better if you'd have said something before, during or after all the time you were looking at all the iPhone forums on this site.

Some of us were defending your position, only to notice that you were here long enough to read several threads and do quite a lot of searching.

Thanks

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped, but oh well. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• BombayHook_101908_GR78 (1).jpg
    BombayHook_101908_GR78 (1).jpg
    210 KB · Views: 196

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
It would have been better if you'd have said something before, during or after all the time you were looking at all the iPhone forums on this site.

Some of us were defending your position, only to notice that you were here long enough to read several threads and do quite a lot of searching.

Thanks

Hehe. Busted. I guess it's a lot more fun just choosing the topic without having to do the work of judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.