Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StayPuft

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
The point of purchasing from Apple - or at least one of the points - is that Apple could be "trusted" to do much of the research for you. If you went to an Apple store requesting the phone with the most bang per buck in display and camera functionality, the "genius" types would direct you to the appropriate hardware. If you have to do all the research yourself, then yes, get on Google and read extensive reviews of the top of the line phones available and choose accordingly.
It's all right there on the product page. They're not hiding anything.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I
Would your mother care about pixel density? Or to her would the overriding feature of a phone be comfortable to grip and easy to use. And if it's not the highest spec phone on the spec sheet, that would be okay?

When you buy a car, if you care about performance, do you take the sales persons word on it, or do you do your own research? Someone who claims to be a digital photographer in 2016, should care and know about pixels and densities and resolution and depth of field and all of that stuff, and this is just screen resolution, nothing to do with the final product.
She doesn't care about pixel density but she has mentioned that my phone (6s plus) "looks better". Maybe what she was noticing was a sharpness that was improved by the higher pixel density? Maybe it was a higher resolution? Again, she has no working concept of pixels, afaik. So maybe she does care but didn't know she did until she saw the differences (which is why I mentioned how easy it was to shop and compare store models).

Ironically she uses her phone first and foremost for taking and viewing photos. Following by email and Facebook and texting (though the latter three no particular order). She has a 128gb phone and I just cleared the photos and videos for her for the second time this year...

My mom bought a Prius gen years ago because she cared about fuel economy in California. She went with what the sales person said. That car is still in the family today with 140k on the ticker. I think very many people go by what the salesperson says in a multitude of purchases. My wife is manager at Best Buy and her job is to sell. People on the daily go by what she recommends based on a list of things they are interested in.

I don't disagree that a photographer should care and know about pixels. I don't know what the guy does for a living. Maybe it's just a past time? As loosely as the term is thrown around here we can call my mom a photographer too. What makes a person a photographer anyway? Since I opened my Flickr account two years ago I have 20k some odd photos. I have no idea what that makes me.

I think sometimes people offer up way too much information. Had the OP not been a self proclaimed "photographer", would the thread response have been different? Who knows? Was just saying I can see where he's coming from. Apple has always been pretty minimal in the spec info. I don't know that the average consumer has any idea the screens are different in more ways than size. And they may not know to care. Ignorance is bliss. Except when it isn't.

Bottom line is I like to give thenconsimer the benefit of the doubt. Just my way of listening to people's concerns. This one didn't seem all that outlandish to me. The guy bought a phone, realized the larger screen was much nicer for his needs, and was disappointed that it wasn't clearer at time of purchase.
[doublepost=1482711628][/doublepost]
I'm not saying everyone knows the ppi, just that it's stated almost everywhere online where specs are listed and it wouldn't take "serious research" to find.
I see. I misunderstood. Thank you for the clarification.

Still I think very many people get caught up in their own knowledge on forums and forget that the rest of the world may not really know about these things. This is true about all fan pages, really. I recently got into smoking meats and the things that are "common knowledge" are often times foreign to me. I bought a pellet smoker that isnadcertised as "set and forget". Well, it's not quite that simple and yet people like to just assume you know your way around, so to speak, on those forums too. (Oh did I mention there is brand loyalty there too? I don't think that's escapable).

Not pointing fingers at you specifically but I just see people too quick to jump down a persons throat for being unhappy, or struggling with a purchase of a product. "Do your research!!!" When did buying things require an online phd in the product you are choosing? Most people simply don't shop that way... nor should they, in my opinion.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
She doesn't care about pixel density but she has mentioned them at my phone (6s plus) "looks better". Maybe what she was noticing was a sharpness that was improved by the higher pixel density? Maybe it was a higher resolution? Again, she has no working concept of pixels, afaik. So maybe she does care but didn't know she did until she saw the differences (which is why I mentioned how easy it was to shop and compare store models).

Ironically she uses her phone first and foremost for taking and viewing photos. Following by email and Facebook and texting (though the latter three no particular order). She has a 128gb phone and I just cleared the photos and videos for her for the second time this year...

My mom bought a Prius gen years ago because she cared about fuel economy in California. She went with what the sales person said. That car is still in the family today with 140k on the ticker. I think very many people go by what the salesperson says in big purchases. My wife is manager st Best Buy and her job is to sell. people on the daily go by what she recommends based on a list of things they are interested in.

I don't disagree that a photographer should care and know about pixels. I don't know what the guy does for a living. Maybe it's just a past time? As loosely as the term is thrown around here we can call my mom a photographer too. What makes a person a photographer anyway? Since I opened my Flickr account two years ago I have 20k some odd photos. I have no idea what that makes me.

I think sometimes people offer up way too much information. Had the OP not been a self proclaimed "photographer", would the thread response have been different? Who knows? Was just saying I can see where he's coming from. Apple has always been pretty minimal in the spec info. I don't know that the average consumer has any idea the screens are different in more ways than size. And they may not know to care. Ignorance is bliss. Except when it isn't.

Bottom line is I like to give thenconsimer the benefit of the doubt. Just my way of listening to people's concerns. This one didn't seem all that outlandish to me. The guy bought a phone, realized the larger screen was much nicer for his needs, and was disappointed that it wasn't clearer at time of purchase.
[doublepost=1482711628][/doublepost]
I see. I misunderstood. Thank yo ifor the clarification.

Still I think very many people get caught up in their own knowledge on forums and forget that the rest of the world may not really know about these things. This is true about all fan pages, really. I recently got into smoking meats and the things that are "common knowledge" are often times foreign to me. I bought a pellet smoker that isnadcertised as "set and forget". Well, it's not quite that simple and yet people like to just assume you know your way around, so to speak, on those forums too. (Oh did I mention there is brand loyalty there too? I don't think that's escapable).

Not pointing fingers at you specifically but I just see people too quick to jump down a persons throat for being unhappy, or struggling with a purchase of a product. "Do your research!!!" When did buying things require an online phd in the product you are choosing? Most people simply don't shop that way... nor should they, in my opinion.
Cars and consumer electronics have required a "PHD" for years to understand if you are getting the right choice and paying the right amount of money for what you are buying. Unfortunately. You may not care how much you spend, or just go out and buy a product and not care to closely about the specs, but that's on you.

When buying a phone or tv or entertainment system, specs matter. If you don't know the question to ask, bring someone along that knows the right questions to ask.

I got maybe the first time you buy a product in a category you never bought before, I"ll use refrigerator as an example, there are a dizzying variety of options, configurations and costs. It's the second refrigerator, where you make an informed decision. Maybe the same is true for phones,

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Cars and consumer electronics have required a "PHD" for years to understand if you are getting the right choice and paying the right amount of money for what you are buying. Unfortunately. You may not care how much you spend, or just go out and buy a product and not care to closely about the specs, but that's on you.

When buying a phone or tv or entertainment system, specs matter. If you don't know the question to ask, bring someone along that knows the right questions to ask.

I got maybe the first time you buy a product in a category you never bought before, I"ll use refrigerator as an example, there are a dizzying variety of options, configurations and costs. It's the second refrigerator, where you make an informed decision. Maybe the same is true for phones,
Again, simply talking about how the average person, IMO, buys things. We can blame the OP all day long. I don't think that changes anything. Nor is it really helpful. But here we are.

Personally? I make sure I clearly understand the return period. I generally spend far less time trying something else out and returning it if it's not up to my standards than I do reviewing pages and pages of reviews and forums. To each their own I guess. I personally think living with the assertion that practically anything you buy needs first be researched and/or purchased in the presence of an expert friend is simply being complacent with manufacturers fudging numbers and the ridiculousness that is advertising today. Why can't you just be clear about what you are selling me (and to be fair different companies are better and/or worse at different aspects of this, not picking on Apple here, they're better than many)? Why ca't you just call the manufacturer out on a public forum? I'd rather hold the manufacturer accountable and return the product I am unhappy with. But today's advertising just works, and so it will continue to be that way short of changing consumer protection laws (not advocating for or against, just essentially stating a fact).

Perhaps we live in a time where you should research every product you buy, due to the nature of the market/advertisement. I maintain that one shouldn't have to. And I honestly felt that's what this discussion was intended to be about.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Again, simply talking about how the average person, IMO, buys things. We can blame the OP all day long. I don't think that changes anything. Nor is it really helpful. But here we are.

Personally? I make sure I clearly understand the return period. I generally spend far less time trying something else out and returning it if it's not up to my standards than I do reviewing pages and pages of reviews and forums. To each their own I guess. I personally think living with the assertion that practically anything you buy needs first be researched and/or purchased in the presence of an expert friend is simply being complacent with manufacturers fudging numbers and the ridiculousness that is advertising today. Why can't you just be clear about what you are selling me (and to be fair different companies are better and/or worse at different aspects of this, not picking on Apple here, they're better than many)? Why ca't you just call the manufacturer out on a public forum? I'd rather hold the manufacturer accountable and return the product I am unhappy with. But today's advertising just works, and so it will continue to be that way short of changing consumer protection laws (not advocating for or against, just essentially stating a fact).

Perhaps we live in a time where you should research every product you buy, due to the nature of the market/advertisement. I maintain that one shouldn't have to. And I honestly felt that's what this discussion was intended to be about.
Well there is no real "blame" here, just a lack of experience in product research and putting a bit of "blame" on apple because their specs aren't clear enough. Yet Apple wasn't hiding anything, and several people have commented the specs are clearly available on it's web pages. OP was opining how apple didn't make it clear, but all this information is available. So yes, here we are. :) And if it's fair to call out apple, it's fair to call out the OP.

Some companies, maybe Verizon does it I can't remember, has the tech specs by the phone with all the information available from the website on a placard. However, if ppi isn't something you ever thought about looking for, even having it on a placard may not make a difference.

In this day of interconnectedness, all it takes is a 30 second trip to apples website (or samsungs website or whomevers website) before you actually order.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Well there is no real "blame" here, just a lack of experience in product research and putting a bit of "blame" on apple because their specs aren't clear enough. Yet Apple wasn't hiding anything, and several people have commented the specs are clearly available on it's web pages. OP was opining how apple didn't make it clear, but all this information is available. So yes, here we are. :) And if it's fair to call out apple, it's fair to call out the OP.

Some companies, maybe Verizon does it I can't remember, has the tech specs by the phone with all the information available from the website on a placard. However, if ppi isn't something you ever thought about looking for, even having it on a placard may not make a difference.

In this day of interconnectedness, all it takes is a 30 second trip to apples website (or samsungs website or whomevers website) before you actually order.
I think calling out Apple (tech companies in general, when warranted) to be more upfront with their specs is a little different than calling out the OP to do his own research (which generally ends up being information gathered by third party sources anyway). PPI as a standalone spec may not mean much. But when the two flagship phones each have a different value, there is something to compare, a spec difference the buyer is made aware of. Clearly we are on opposite ends of the spectrum here. If we think it is useful to "call out" the OP an say "do you research" a dozen times in the thread, I guess you (using the universal you here) all should carry on. In my eyes it's nothing but self serving. Through research/experience the OP already learned his folly. It's like an "I told you so". Doesn't do anyone any good.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I think calling out Apple (tech companies in general, when warranted) to be more upfront with their specs is a little different than calling out the OP to do his own research (which generally ends up being information gathered by third party sources anyway). PPI as a standalone spec may not mean much. But when the two flagship phones each have a different value, there is something to compare, a spec difference the buyer is made aware of. Clearly we are on opposite ends of the spectrum here. If we think it is useful to "call out" the OP an say "do you research" a dozen times in the thread, I guess you (using the universal you here) all should carry on. In my eyes it's nothing but self serving. Through research the OP already learned his folly. It's like an "I told you so". Doesn't do anyone any good.
I'm not exactly sure how much more upfront you want apple to be, is the question. What would you have had them do differently?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm not exactly sure how much more upfront you want apple to be, is the question. What would you have had them do differently?
Your example of Verizon giving specs next to the phones would have worked, for the OP, it would seem. Perhaps mentioning resolution and/or ppi differences somewhere other than only (correct me if I am wrong here) the tech specs page would have also been helpful. Apple makes no real mention in any advertising (again, that I am aware of) that there is a difference in resolution and/or ppi between the screens. The only things immediately recognizable is one screen ins somewhat smaller than the other.

If I had to guess this is Apple's way of simplifying what the consumer sees in an attempt to, well, keep things simple. All I am saying, from the beginning, is I understand why/how a person might have no idea about these changes. Apple doesn't exactly present the information to you unless you are already looking for it. And if you are already looking for it, you arent coming here frustrated that you didn't know about it. So, we have this sort of "you have to know in order o know" scenario.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Your example of Verizon giving specs next to the phones would have worked, for the OP, it would seem. Perhaps mentioning resolution and/or ppi differences somewhere other than only (correct me if I am wrong here) the tech specs page would have also been helpful. Apple makes no real mention in any advertising (again, that I am aware of) that there is a difference in resolution and/or ppi between the screens. The only things immediately recognizable is one screen ins somewhat smaller than the other.

If I had to guess this is Apple's way of simplifying what the consumer sees in an attempt to, well, keep things simple. All I am saying, from the beginning, is I understand why/how a person might have no idea about these changes. Apple doesn't exactly present the information to you unless you are already looking for it. And if you are already looking for it, you arent coming here frustrated that you didn't know about it. So, we have this sort of "you have to know in order o know" scenario.
Buying from apple website, this is essentially what you see. Full disclosure, except for maybe the ram.

Additionally if apple were mention ppi, then the slippery slope is where does it stop, do they have to mention every single tech spec, so by the time they are done, it reads like a disclaimer?

Attachments

• tech_spec.PNG
    tech_spec.PNG
    134.6 KB · Views: 134

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Buying from apple website, this is essentially what you see. Full disclosure, except for maybe the ram.

Additionally if apple were mention ppi, then the slippery slope is where does it stop, do they have to mention every single tech spec, so by the time they are done, it reads like a disclaimer?
I mean you are technically required/expected to read a disclaimer before using the device anyway. :p

Maybe some information got cut off that you meant to show in that picture but it doesn't really show much other than colors and a name. I personally think it would be easy to do some bullet points about what is different between the phones. Virtually everything is the same outside of screen and ram anyway. There isn't really a laundry list of specs they'd have to include.

EDIT: to be fair practically everyone does this. I just check google pixel as an example. The less you think about your purchase and the faster they get you to hit he buy now button, the better it is for them. But I guess that's sort of what we are discussing, right? The reasons behind the way Apple (and others) present their information the way they do.

Anyway, no sense in continuing this back and forth. Your stance is noted, as I am sure is mine.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I mean you are technically required/expected to read a disclaimer before using the device anyway. :p

Maybe some information got cut off that you meant to show in that picture but it doesn't really show much other than colors and a name. I personally think it would be easy to do some bullet points about what is different between the phones. Virtually everything is the same outside of screen and ram anyway. There isn't really a laundry list of specs they'd have to include.

EDIT: to be fair practically everyone does this. I just check google pixel as an example. The less you think about your purchase and the faster they get you to hit he buy now button, the better it is for them. But I guess that's sort of what we are discussing, right? The reasons behind the way Apple (and others) present their information the way they do.

Anyway, no sense in continuing this back and forth. Your stance is noted, as I am sure is mine.
The page is very long and I could not capture it all. I just showed what the top half of my display shows and there is a lot of information including ppi, lte bands supported, bluetooth version etc.

Apple does not make it difficult at all.
1. apple.com
2. iphone
3. iphone 6s
4. tech specs

Anyway wanted to leave with that, if you haven't please check it out and post back your impressions.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The page is very long and I could not capture it all. I just showed what the top half of my display shows and there is a lot of information including ppi, lte bands supported, bluetooth version etc.

Apple does not make it difficult at all.
1. apple.com
2. iphone
3. iphone 6s
4. tech specs

Anyway wanted to leave with that, if you haven't please check it out and post back your impressions.
I've been to the page. I think maybe your use of the word difficult is different than mine. I don't think it's hard (difficult) to get the information if you know you want to look. I think it woukd simply be useful on a purchase page to see this information; don't require me to jump to another page at all.

They have two flagship devices. Bullet point differences would be easy to incorporate and helpful in my eyes. This way prospective buyers are made aware that there are more differences than the obvious size differences, which is about the only difference you can tell from looking st the page you linked.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I've been to the page. I think maybe your use of the word difficult is different than mine. I don't think it's hard (difficult) to get the information if you know you want to look. I think it woukd simply be useful on a purchase page to see this information; don't require me to jump to another page at all.

They have two flagship devices. Bullet point differences would be easy to incorporate and helpful in my eyes. This way prospective buyers are made aware that there are more differences than the obvious size differences, which is about the only difference you can tell from looking st the page you linked.
So basically stylistic differences, on which two people would really never agree on. Maybe the page could be laid out different/better but that is different than not having the information easily available, which it is.

I don't think this information can be incorporated easily on a purchase page, however the tech specs page does include a link to the purchase page.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
So basically stylistic differences, on which two people would really never agree on. Maybe the page could be laid out different/better but that is different than not having the information easily available, which it is.

I don't think this information can be incorporated easily on a purchase page, however the tech specs page does include a link to the purchase page.
I recall there was a time where Apple (and the mini Apple kiosk within Best Buy) listed specs under a plexi (for their macs). I thought that was useful.

I mean it may be a matter of opinion. But presenting me with information on the purchase page versus not certainlynisnt the same when buying a product.

I couldn't say why Apple went away from these spec sheets. Maybe it was for a cleaner look. Maybe they felt it confused the consumer. Don't really know. I felt they were handy and provided an st a glance comparison of two products that went beyond "this MacBook screen is bigger than that one. It also says pro".

Reactions: I7guy

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I recall there was a time where Apple (and the mini Apple kiosk within Best Buy) listed specs under a plexi (for their macs). I thought that was useful.

I mean it may be a matter of opinion. But presenting me with information on the purchase page versus not certainlynisnt the same when buying a product.

I couldn't say why Apple went away from these spec sheets. Maybe it was for a cleaner look. Maybe they felt it confused the consumer. Don't really know. I felt they were handy and provided an st a glance comparison of two products that went beyond "this MacBook screen is bigger than that one. It also says pro".

Has Apple ever listed PPI on the displays in the store?

I mean... the phones are right there. You can look at them to see what they look like.

Today's iPhones have at least 326 PPI... which is pretty good.

If they were "bad" you could tell. :)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Has Apple ever listed PPI on the displays in the store?

I mean... the phones are right there. You can look at them to see what they look like.

Today's iPhones have at least 326 PPI... which is pretty good.

If they were "bad" you could tell. :)
A few posts back icmentioned exaxtly this; the best way before purchasing to compare the devices is right in a store.

I'm simply trying to discuss what I would consider anymore consumer friendly presentation of information.

No, I don't think they've ever mentioned ppi officially in any capacity since they first blew the world away with "retina" screens. And I don't mean that sarcastically. It was the best screen in a smartphone. Period. By a large margin. Since then it's been ushered into the "techsoecs" page. And my argument is that I don't think most people know to even look here.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
A few posts back icmentioned exaxtly this; the best way before purchasing to compare the devices is right in a store.

I'm simply trying to discuss what I would consider anymore consumer friendly presentation of information.

No, I don't think they've ever mentioned ppi officially in any capacity since they first blew the world away with "retina" screens. And I don't mean that sarcastically. It was the best screen in a smartphone. Period. By a large margin. Since then it's been ushered into the "techsoecs" page. And my argument is that I don't think most people know to even look here.

But once iPhones went "Retina" years ago with at least 326PPI... does Apple need to keep talking about it?

It's never front-n-center on any main product pages.

If you're the kind of person who even knows what "PPI" is... you'd know to look for it if it means so much to you.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
But once iPhones went "Retina" years ago with at least 326PPI... does Apple need to keep talking about it?

It's never front-n-center on any main product pages.

If you're the kind of person who even knows what "PPI" is... you'd know to look for it if it means so much to you.
If you'd like to read all my posts, I've mentioned a few reasons I personally think it's important. Not being snarky, I just don't know that there's reason to repeat myself.

Apple doesn't need to talk about anything they don't want to, for the record. I think it's valuable information when you have variances within products, from the consumer perspective.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
If you'd like to read all my posts, I've mentioned a few reasons I personally think it's important. Not being snarky, I just don't know that there's reason to repeat myself.

Apple doesn't need to talk about anything they don't want to, for the record. I think it's valuable information when you have variances within products, from the consumer perspective.

But the information IS out there. It's just not on a big sign next the the product in the store... nor is it at the top of the web page.

Like I said... once the iPhone reached a "great" 326PPI about 6 years ago... it's no longer a big selling point anymore.

And while the larger iPhones do have a higher 401PPI... that doesn't mean the 326PPI isn't still "great" :)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
But the information IS out there. It's just not on a big sign next the the product in the store... nor is it at the top of the web page.

Like I said... once the iPhone reached a "great" 326PPI about 6 years ago... it's no longer a big selling point anymore.

And while the larger iPhones do have a higher 401PPI... that doesn't mean the 326PPI isn't still "great" :)
Again I never claimed the info wasn't out there. Anyway no sense repeating myself.

Merry Christmas :)

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC

Me again.

Ok I've read some of your old posts. You think there should be tech specs on the Purchase page.

But that's why the Tech Specs page exists in the first place. I assume... and I think Apple assumes... that you'd read ALL the pages first before you go to the Purchase page to place your order.

You wouldn't click the Buy button before doing a little reading, would you? ;)

Apple lists the side-by-side comparisons of the two models. Granted it's not on the Purchase page... but you likely got to the Purchase page from these other pages.

MttH5jd.jpg

I don't think Apple is in the wrong here.

Most companies have product pages, gallery pages, tech spec pages, etc.

And then you go to another page to actually buy the item. This seems to be the norm.

The iPhone's Tech Specs is 10 pages long. That's why it has its own page.

And it's one of only four pages: Overview... iOS... Tech Specs... Buy

It's four pages that each has a purpose. I don't know how Apple could reduce that any more.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Me again.

Ok I've read some of your old posts. You think there should be tech specs on the Purchase page.

But that's why the Tech Specs page exists in the first place. I assume... and I think Apple assumes... that you'd read ALL the pages first before you go to the Purchase page to place your order.

Apple lists the side-by-side comparisons of the two models. Granted it's not on the Purchase page... but you likely got to the Purchase page from these other pages.

MttH5jd.jpg

And then you go to another page to actually buy the item. This seems to be the norm.

It's four pages that each has a purpose. I don't know how Apple could reduce that any more.
I think they could. I don't think there needs to be an all inclusive list of tech specs; the differences between the devices would suffice. The list isn't that long. Something like half a dozen bullet points? It's really that simple. (Take a look at apple's current Mac page when you click buy and you'll see an example of how apple does, it's just excluded from iPhone... I am saying I like that and that I think it's helpful when making a purchase ) You think it's fine to have nothing but a picture of the phone. I'm ok with your stance on that. No reason to change mine. And this entire back and forth started because I stated I could see it from the OP's point of view.

I do not think, I know, people buy without reading tech specs. That is evidenced in this thread. And I am of the opinion that a simple comparison on the purchase page would remedy that in the same way that I feel the spec sheets they had for macs years ago did in brick and mortar sales situations. But you already know my stance since you read my posts so I'm unsure why I am here repeating this yet again.

And to be crystal clear I'm not claiming Apple is in the wrong. If you read the OP he wasn't either. in not looking st this as a black and white thing and looking for someone to blame. Just that there might be ways for greater clarity and improving customer understanding of your products. You disagree? That's absolutely your prerogative. But repeating things that have been repeated many times in the thread really isn't doing anything other than bumping the thread and make it longer.

I've tried to bow out a few times. This time I really will. If you'd like to get the last word in, by all means. I didn't enter the conversation to change minds. Just to share my thoughts.

Last edited:

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
return it or sell it. and buy something else. end of story. as a photographer you should of known what you were buying, or i guess you don't do that either for camera's/lenses you're buying?

shame on you.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
I think they could. I don't think there needs to be an all inclusive list of tech specs; the differences between the devices would suffice. You think it's fine to have nothing but a picture of the phone. I'm ok with your stance on that. No reason to change mine. And this entire back and forth started because I stated I could see it from the OP's point of view.

I'm not looking st this as a black and white thing and looking for someone to blame. Just that there might be ways for greater clarity and improving customer understanding of your products.

If you'd like to get the last word in, by all means. I didn't enter the conversation to change minds. Just to share my thoughts.

Sure I'll take the last word. :D

Apple has an entire website for people to learn about the products they're gonna spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on. It's not just a single page with only pictures.

And if you're in the store... you can touch and feel the products yourself and ask a Genius if you have questions.

I dunno... I've just never thought Apple's web or in-store purchasing methods left consumers in the dark.

But I'll think about it now. ;)

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Me again.

MttH5jd.jpg

That's the entire point of the last few pages that one would click the buy button before doing further reading in the website because the information is not arranged in such a manner to make it conducive to reviewing the specs...if I paraphrased correctly.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.