Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idkew

macrumors 68020
eyelikeart said:
Nice shooting. Did u rely on natural lighting?

yeah, i just used my good old S45 Compact. Prolly looked unprofessional, but it came out well. The shadows on the b&w one are great, i had the guy stand in the shade of a tree. i feel like i gave him hair in each pict.

there was more contrast in the printed version. you could actually read the text on the right.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
idkew said:
yeah, i just used my good old S45 Compact. Prolly looked unprofessional, but it came out well. The shadows on the b&w one are great, i had the guy stand in the shade of a tree. i feel like i gave him hair in each pict.

there was more contrast in the printed version. you could actually read the text on the right.

I think they look fine. ;)

As for lighting, I sooo much prefer to have it natural if possible. There's been too many cases where I used the natural lighting and got much favorable results than I could have otherwise.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Back of dryer

Here's a shot I took earlier. It's a sticker on the back of our lime green dryer that's older than me :eek: .

Attachments

• fawe.JPG
    fawe.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 107

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Okay.. finally I have put some images on the web...

Here they are;
Note: I made them really small so the upload was quicker...

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

Img_2281.jpg

Img_2358.jpg

Img_2425.jpg

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wardofsky said:
Okay.. finally I have put some images on the web...

Here they are;
Note: I made them really small so the upload was quicker...

I really like the street shot....what's up with the windows stuff huh? J/K just giving you the good 'ole mac bs....

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
zync said:
I really like the street shot....what's up with the windows stuff huh? J/K just giving you the good 'ole mac bs....

Yeah I know, I thought about the consequences of posting up the PC here.
It's my school laptop, and for a Windows PC it's pretty good (but no OS X).

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
tinting old photos in PS Elements

I've enjoyed many of the posted photos and wanted to show something I've been enjoying recently--applying color to some very old ancestal photos. There is everything from fairly recent snap shots to cardboard mounted 4x4 b&w photos, tintypes, and a few emulsions on glass plates. This "people at lake" is one of my favorite scans, tinted (slowly) in Photoshop Elements 2.
I hope this departure from showing strictly your photos is enjoyed and maybe someone else is interested in this technique.

Attachments

• People-at-Lake.jpg
    People-at-Lake.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 103

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
nice to see you posting again Wardofsky.

cool technique Jdar... interesting color choices.

excellent shots everyone.

here's another car shot:

0073.jpg

... and here's some I took at a birthday party last night:

0074.jpg

0075.jpg

0076.jpg

peace.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
eyelikeart said:
So I gotta jump into it here a little.

I recently purchased a new lens for my camera rig, Nikon 60mm f2.8 macro. This thing is pretty damned sharp, and FAST I tell u.

Anyway, here's a few samples from it.

What camera is your Nikon 60 mm macro attached to? Nice shot and just the right depth of field; how so sculptors do the eyes that well complete with little peripheral iris ring.

You aren't going into any graveyards in N.O. are you? <g>

idkew

macrumors 68020
nice shots neut, jdar and Wardofsky. Its great seeing all these new shots after two days.

neut- i got the 17". my Ti is crashing multiple times a day now. I might end up being without a computer for 15 days, or three weeks because Apple wants to take it's time. That will be really sad. Really.

Oh- attached is the help menu in Mail.app

Attachments

• Picture-2.jpg
    Picture-2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 103

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:
neut- i got the 17". my Ti is crashing multiple times a day now. I might end up being without a computer for 15 days, or three weeks because Apple wants to take it's time. That will be really sad. Really.

Oh- attached is the help menu in Mail.app

cool. which 17 did you get? refurb. of new? I got my refurb. in three days.

too bad about the Ti. how long have you had it? strange error...

peace.

kungfu

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Here's a photo I took when I sailed to the Dominican Republic this fall. Enjoy...

Attachments

• samana.jpg
    samana.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 105

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
JDar said:
What camera is your Nikon 60 mm macro attached to? Nice shot and just the right depth of field; how so sculptors do the eyes that well complete with little peripheral iris ring.

You aren't going into any graveyards in N.O. are you? <g>

Well the camera is a D100, but I don't have the lens anymore. I returned it & replaced it with a Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro. The Sigma is just as sharp & fast, shorter, and $200 cheaper. :D

Thanks for the comments though. I actually do frequent cemeteries often. I'll be posting some shots from this weekend in a few. ;)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
So I got some personal time with my camera this weekend. This year I've done nearly all work related photography, and haven't spent much time for myself.

I did a little city playing yesterday, and some cemetery today. :D

Here's from yesterday. I'll post today's later.

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Okay, I'm giving this a try after 9 threads. Go ahead and shoot me, if you like. :D

Attachments

• P3060026.jpg
    P3060026.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 97

idkew

macrumors 68020
neut said:
cool. which 17 did you get? refurb. of new? I got my refurb. in three days.

too bad about the Ti. how long have you had it? strange error...

peace.

oh- forgot to mention i was doing the trade in thing.

i have to buy new, and only stock. apple will not allow financing also. but, at $2,200, i am not complaining too heartily. i will add as money becomes available. (1GB stick for sure) It will be a nice upgrade.

i am excited though. not how/when i wanted to buy a new laptop, but this 17" is pretty nice. the only thing i do not love about her is the moto in her.

idkew

macrumors 68020
eye- nice shots in the cemetery. i think those are great, if a little morbid, places to shoot. all deasd are buried above ground down there arn't they? i ventured into a graveyard which was a small walled square with the walls filled with graves, and then large sepulchers (sp?) in the center. someone was visiting at the time, and i felt too weird shooting.

bousozoku- great flight shots. it is amazing how even the common pigeon looks magnificent when they use their gift of flight. were the gulls fighting?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
idkew said:
eye- nice shots in the cemetery. i think those are great, if a little morbid, places to shoot. all deasd are buried above ground down there arn't they? i ventured into a graveyard which was a small walled square with the walls filled with graves, and then large sepulchers (sp?) in the center. someone was visiting at the time, and i felt too weird shooting.

Thanks. I honestly love shooting in cemeteries though. I have my favorites, and I make it a point to venture into them whenever I can. I do it as a sort of way to refresh myself when I feel uninspired or just need to get back to my "roots," perse.

To answer your question, yes the dead are buried above ground here in New Orleans. This practice was started years ago before our drainage systems were in place, as our below sea level elevation caused bodies to resurface & float away during rain floods.

The people don't bother me really, it's a very common thing to see a photographer perusing a cemetery. ;)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
idkew said:

bousozoku- great flight shots. it is amazing how even the common pigeon looks magnificent when they use their gift of flight. were the gulls fighting?

Thank you.

They were both looking for food. The place behind us was selling fish and chips and the person on the next bench decided to feed them. Everyone wanted some. :D

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
eyelikeart said:
So I got some personal time with my camera this weekend. This year I've done nearly all work related photography, and haven't spent much time for myself.

I did a little city playing yesterday, and some cemetery today. :D

Here's from yesterday. I'll post today's later.

DSC_2287.jpg

DSC_2298.jpg

that shot of the lock... darn! You selling any prints of it? I might want one. ;) Wanna trade???

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
bousozoku said:
Okay, I'm giving this a try after 9 threads. Go ahead and shoot me, if you like. :D

The dynamics are just right! It's so hard to catch that moment.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
eye - i can really feel you behind the camera in your personal shots. excellent composition, colorn and selected DOF. very nice.

bousozoku - nice dynamic capture. birds are wonderful models if you know how to shoot them. obviously you do.

idkew - good deal on the 17. don't worry 'bout the moto. she'll do ya' good. 1.33 right? more than enough. :D

no shots from me today... unless it gets slow around here; then, i might have to browse through iPhoto.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.