Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Field tested the S1 today...

Fountain downtown

Attachments

• dscf2864.jpg
    dscf2864.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 170

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
..and right outside my front door :)

(PS did wonders for these last 2)

Attachments

• dscf2881.jpg
    dscf2881.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 137

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by 5300cs
Nice pics :) :)

BTW, smooth scrolling is in System Prefs, under Appearance

I went in system prefs before but I only glanced at it's main window and forgot all about appearance :) I was looking under the keyboard/mouse menu....that's where I fig'd it would be....thanks! it's a good bit less annoying now!

MacBandit, yeah I really wish my powerbook had a larger native resolution....oh well....don't worry, when I actually get to it, I'm going to make desktops for most common sizes, like 1600x1200, 1280x960 (and 1280x854 obviously), and 1024x768....probably skip the 800x600 and under crowd though....I'm glad you enjoy them...I'll let you know when I get around to making some at that resolution....which ones did you like better? The ones with the plant were easy to make but the other ones will be pretty hard to redo at a larger resolution...still have the .psd's methinks so it wouldn't be TOO hard :D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by zync
I went in system prefs before but I only glanced at it's main window and forgot all about appearance :) I was looking under the keyboard/mouse menu....that's where I fig'd it would be....thanks! it's a good bit less annoying now!

MacBandit, yeah I really wish my powerbook had a larger native resolution....oh well....don't worry, when I actually get to it, I'm going to make desktops for most common sizes, like 1600x1200, 1280x960 (and 1280x854 obviously), and 1024x768....probably skip the 800x600 and under crowd though....I'm glad you enjoy them...I'll let you know when I get around to making some at that resolution....which ones did you like better? The ones with the plant were easy to make but the other ones will be pretty hard to redo at a larger resolution...still have the .psd's methinks so it wouldn't be TOO hard :D

My favorite ones are of the river. The plant is a close second and I don't like the collage of the woman at all. I'm not fond of collages. If I'm going to have a portrait of someone on my desktop I like it to be clean with some gradients and maybe a some lightning/tearing effects thrown in to jazz it up and the person on one side kind of as a border on the screen.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by MacBandit
My favorite ones are of the river. The plant is a close second and I don't like the collage of the woman at all. I'm not fond of collages. If I'm going to have a portrait of someone on my desktop I like it to be clean with some gradients and maybe a some lightning/tearing effects thrown in to jazz it up and the person on one side kind of as a border on the screen.

The woman was on there briefly...it annoyed my girlfriend methinks :D....I had considered making it more like you said as I don't really like collages either but they were web images and thus too small (right now I wish I had an undo function as this accidentlt got erased once :))....the first river one is somewhat of a collage too, actually....the .psd file contains many of the images I've shown here :) I was hoping you'd like the river ones as they would be easier to remake, although it still won't be anything exactly like the original only a different size...it'll be fairly different...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by MacBandit
Maybe you shouldn't be editing on your PowerBook while going down the road. The image got all blurred and streaked.
:p ;)

???
you mean that's why all my images are streaked? damn! i thought this thing was supposed to be portable... ;)

i got a bunch of new shots (after taking a photo break) to post. :D still need to edit them though (gotsta' curve, layer, and blur... otherwise it's not me!).

peace.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Wow, haven't been here for a while.
Nice paint shots idkew, very rustic ;)
The sharpness on the shots is incredible moxie...

I'll post up a couple when I get home today...

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Here's some more of mine, again, nothing fancy, just ones I think turned out quire nice, if i've posted too many pics, someone tell me so I can remove some..I get a bit carried away!

Flowers.jpg

FordKaHeadlight.jpg

Hovercraft.jpg

SecondSevernBridge.jpg

commodoregoodwill.jpg

hmsinvincible.jpg

hovercraft.jpg

prideoflehavrefront.jpg

ussharrystrueman.jpg

warmemorial.jpg

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew - thanks. i love the textures... wish i could touch them. very nice.

mike - that diner sign is tight!

here's couple to start the week off right...

0067.jpg

0068.jpg

peace.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I got my first taste of all day photo last Friday, as I pulled off 6 shoots for the magazine. :eek: :D

While not all that artsy, I found this one to be one of the better shots I grabbed. It's for a fashion article, and this was designed by an internationally reknowned designer who lives here in New Orleans. He actually had some designs prepared for the Oscars last night. ;)

Attachments

• dsc_2096.jpg
    dsc_2096.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 110

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
So this is what the new forums look like, huh?

Well, I have to say they look much nicer, except for these damn thumbnail views! :mad: When I read that on the front page I knew it meant trouble....I've been saving each of our pages as a pdf for archive and now this makes it somewhat difficult to view in a pdf :) I guess I'll have to check the cp for options to remove it...hopefully they allow viewing like the older forums :(

idkew, great textures man!
moxie, you totally nailed those shots! love the diner sign!
idkew, I like the way your signature effect pulled off the picture with the leaf! awesome image!

idkew

macrumors 68020
zync said:
...I've been saving each of our pages as a pdf for archive and now this makes it somewhat difficult to view in a pdf :) I guess I'll have to check the cp for options to remove it...hopefully they allow viewing like the older forums :(

idkew, I like the way your signature effect pulled off the picture with the leaf! awesome image!

you mean neut?

i couldn't find an option for not viewing thumbs first. but, to get around it, all we have to do is use the image tag and host the image elsewhere. only attachments are turned into thumbs. my guess is that arn wants to save some bandwidth.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
you mean neut?

i couldn't find an option for not viewing thumbs first. but, to get around it, all we have to do is use the image tag and host the image elsewhere. only attachments are turned into thumbs. my guess is that arn wants to save some bandwidth.

Yes, Yes I do :)

Yeah I know...I don't like it though as it's a pain to link to any of my webspace and I don't want to use all of my space on my account at school :) I also don't want to clutter my .com space....

idkew

macrumors 68020
zync said:
Yes, Yes I do :)

Yeah I know...I don't like it though as it's a pain to link to any of my webspace and I don't want to use all of my space on my account at school :) I also don't want to clutter my .com space....

yeah- plus i just realized that if i delete photos off my server for some reason, MR will not get to see them anymore.

eye- can you use your influence on arn to allow us to not use thumbs in certain situations, such as the photo thread?

idkew

macrumors 68020
neut- one more for today:

nice composition. how many layers you working with?

everyone ready for 6, yes 6 more shots from me?

we had a bright and sunny thunderstorm here today in chicago. i ran outside, as this was the first of the season, and it makes me happy. the light allowed me to easily stop the rain with my digicam. i love thunderstorms. i love it when my house shakes....

i also love digital photography. if it wasn't for site updates, these would have been up 30 minutes after pressing the shutter.

so- here are a few, well, 6. sorry to post so many, but i have to!

splash.jpg

wet.jpg

rain-pause.jpg

castle.jpg
bricks.jpg
blurs.jpg

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
neut said:
eye - what zine are you shooting for? national?

It's a local based magazine called New Orleans CityLife. It's being published by the big business publication, New Orleans City Business. It's basically a business & lifestyle magazine that's quickly becoming a pretty big hit here. :D

Attachments

• citylife.jpg
    citylife.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.