Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Fooling around with the S1 and came up with this. No post-processing, just resizing :) (sorry, I still hate post-processing, unless I really have to. I'll keep taking the same shot until I like the way it comes out.)

rrrr, sorry about those two little hairs under the left pen. Guess I really WILL have to Photoshop 'em :mad:

Attachments

• dscf2841.jpg
    dscf2841.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 183

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by 5300cs
Fooling around with the S1 and came up with this. No post-processing, just resizing :) (sorry, I still hate post-processing, unless I really have to. I'll keep taking the same shot until I like the way it comes out.)

so why do you choose digital photography is you hate post processing? you're not one of those people that use the media cards to print their photos are you???

why not just use a polaroid? ;)

peace.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by neut
you're not one of those people that use the media cards to print their photos are you???
uhh....

No, not at all. I just like to try and take pictures that are perfect right out of the camera. I'm also lazy as all get-out and don't want to spend time tweaking things. If I can take 4-5 pics and get one that comes out just right, or take 1 and spend 30 minutes futzing around with it, I'll take the former any day.

I don't know enough girls to justify getting a Polaroid. That IS what they're for, right??

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
uhh....

No, not at all. I just like to try and take pictures that are perfect right out of the camera. I'm also lazy as all get-out and don't want to spend time tweaking things. If I can take 4-5 pics and get one that comes out just right, or take 1 and spend 30 minutes futzing around with it, I'll take the former any day.

I don't know enough girls to justify getting a Polaroid. That IS what they're for, right??

That pen photo is looking sweet. You normally don't need 30 minutes of Post in photoshop... I generally can get by on adjusting colors slightly... maybe do some levels adjustments and hit the color casts. Takes about a minute per image. That and a little unsharp mask to sharpen it up.

Your pen looks really good though, very professional and clean. You should get used to playing just a tiny bit in PS. It can actually be fun. Though I feel you on "getting it right" in camera...

I made it into the Fred Miranda Finalists. Check out the entries this week and give a vote. You do have to be registered though...but it's a nice compliment to our photo threads.

This is the Image i'm in the finals with:
DSC_8664_fm.jpg

Also this is a quick shot from yesterday that I like:
DSC_8749bw.jpg

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Thanks MoxieMike, though I don't know if it look pro or not.

Here's a shot of my watch, had a little fun with PS. Have to admit it looks nicer now :) ;)

p.s. Love the church shot, very nice light/dark contrast. I'm too scard to post on FM yet myself.

Attachments

• dscf2843.jpg
    dscf2843.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 143

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
macros

Sorry, 2 more then I'm off to bed ..swear ;)

17" PB keyboard

Attachments

• dscf2858.jpg
    dscf2858.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 146

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Thanks MoxieMike, though I don't know if it look pro or not.

Here's a shot of my watch, had a little fun with PS. Have to admit it looks nicer now :) ;)

nice. both this and the pen shot are nice. get used to post-edit and your shots will be professional. you have a good eye... don't be afraid to push yourself even more. <just noticing you've posted more shots> there you go! very cool.

MoxieMike - congrats on making the finals.

peace.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by idkew
there actually is white printing ink. you just won't be using it at home.

Man. I did this white and light blue metallic print job on a rough texture blue paper. Never....ever...again.

Blech

White ink was not an easy thing to work with...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by MacBandit
The local photo shop I deal with has gone nearly completely digital and thusly there costs aren't that bad. Also you can email them a photo rather then showing up in person and have them print it.

No, I meant that Kinko's has really expensive printers...like the cost of the equipment :) Also, emailing 2 MB files over dialup might be slower than driving and cost more time that it's worth in money :D But I'll look into it...

Nice job Mike! I finally know what it's like to be a finalist in the WA....I got in a few weeks ago...it's awesome, though I have a feeling you've been there way more than I! Well maybe I'll post some pics here in a minute since I'm on broadband and I can't leave yet cause it's raining....just got photographed for the newspaper :D so I stayed after I had to...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Here goes...firstly if you have a newer PB with a native res of 1280x854 you can download desktops I've been making for my site...if you want them get them now 'cause they're not all going to be there long!

graphix1.jpg
graphix3.jpg
graphix4.jpg
graphix5.jpg
graphix6.jpg
olivia.jpg <-- special treat :D she was on skin, until it got cancelled....stupid network...they'll take away skin and leave american idol and my fat-ass disgusting slob of a boyfriend might make us millions!? WTF!?

Anyway, here's an image (and BTW counterfit I liked your long exposure and the edge of the balcony!) :D

The inspiration for the second gen of desktops in really low quality!

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 126

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
BTW does anyone know how to turn smooth scrolling off of Safari? It's soooo slow to speed up....I want it to remain constant...when using an external mouse I had to speed up the scroll wheel which obviously makes using it in other apps difficult!

Anyway some stuff from around the house...

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 117

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/troops/ Check that out it's pretty funny! At least the part I've seen :D

This is from the Gasparilla Night Parade...it's hard to believe that no one knows about it anywhere else since it's a huge event here but anyway if you've heard of Ybor this is the infamous party that happens every year...there are three parades:

children's parade (people take children, drunk: minimal)
day parade (everyone goes, drunk:medium-high)
night parade (a whole lot of people go, drunk:so high that you just need to be there to get drunk!)

This was one of the floats...we think that's a hot air baloon "engine"....it was a new idea for this year methinks...argh it was 104k....if the quality is low, sorry, didn't feel like finding and shrinking the original again (the rain is now a drizzle and I'm ready to leave...actually it's a Tampa drizzle which is just plain rain everywhere else...)...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Stupid forum! It said it went through and it was at the thanks for posting message and then poof my airport connection dies (though it already confirmed my post) and I move my file to the trash since it accepted and now I get back to my post and the image isn't there? WTF!?

Let's try this again! Maybe it reset after I tried the last time and it didn't fit, though it's never done that before....

Attachments

• parade.jpg
    parade.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 129

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah, it looked crappy but what're you gonna do?

Anyway there were 2-3 people breakdancing in Centro [Ybor] and I got a shot off while the guy was spinning on his hand...he did some really cool handstands where he bent really far back with his legs, getting them about a foot or two off the ground....really cool...I could do it with practice if my wrist weren't still messed up!

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
OK WTF is going on here? I'm getting so pissed! I had it set on the last one but it was within that 30 second limit...I guess I got the answer to that question...now it clears my former request to UL when I hit back...wonder if it would do it if I just hit delete? sometimes that has a slightly different effect than clicking back....oh well...last post for a while, I swear!

Attachments

• spin.jpg
    spin.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 125

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by idkew
there actually is white printing ink. you just won't be using it at home.

so is there supposed to be white in that pantone palette? all i see is the registration spot... ;)

Moxie -printing with white is a pain unless your only printing white on a dark satin. most usually use a nice semi-hue spot though. white is so boring... ;)

<i don't miss print work at all>

peace.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by zync
Here goes...firstly if you have a newer PB with a native res of 1280x854 you can download desktops I've been making for my site...if you want them get them now 'cause they're not all going to be there long!

graphix1.jpg
graphix3.jpg
graphix4.jpg
graphix5.jpg
graphix6.jpg
olivia.jpg <-- special treat :D she was on skin, until it got cancelled....stupid network...they'll take away skin and leave american idol and my fat-ass disgusting slob of a boyfriend might make us millions!? WTF!?

Anyway, here's an image (and BTW counterfit I liked your long exposure and the edge of the balcony!) :D

The inspiration for the second gen of desktops in really low quality!

I like your desktops. I might use them on my wife's Al15". It's funny I just got a new monitor today. A Lacie electronblue IV 19". I'm still getting use to it for one I'm running at 1600x1200 and those desktops seem so small on it. Hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.