Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
ok, i guess i'll finally make an entry... hah

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 199

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
ok, i guess i'll finally make an entry... hah

Nice bling. Composition is excellent. perfect.

I might have brought out the bling...er ring... a bit more:

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 174

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Moxiemike
Nice bling. Composition is excellent. perfect.

I might have brought out the bling...er ring... a bit more:

thanks

yeah, i will probably play around with it a bit more... didn't mess with iso or anything, was just going with aperture and shutter. the flash blew things out too much.

what all did you do in your retouch of it? i hadn't actually done any retouching in ps yet... though i plan to for the poster size prints... hahahahahah

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
thanks

yeah, i will probably play around with it a bit more... didn't mess with iso or anything, was just going with aperture and shutter. the flash blew things out too much.

what all did you do in your retouch of it? i hadn't actually done any retouching in ps yet... though i plan to for the poster size prints... hahahahahah

I did a selection around the ring, feathered it to make the level fade seem more gradual, and adjust the levels of the ring to make it pop out more.

Simple. ;)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
thanks

I think the original has more of a "tarnished" look to it, adding to the feeling of better days gone by.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Exactly.

On a completely different topic, I'm going to start offering prints of my photos... would any of you guys be interested in buying prints? i'd be doing anything from 4x6 to 20x30 prints.

I'll have to figure out pricing, but you guys can look at:

http://homepage.mac.com/moxiemike

for a bunch of photos... or try and navigate through the photo threads.

let me know.

m

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Counterfit
I really like that one with the blue martini. :cool: Let us know when you get the prices set ;)

5x7= $12.50
8x10 = $20.00
11x14= $25.00
16x20 = $45.00

Would be the prices for any of the prints.

If people are students and wanted a student discount, i could set that up too.

if people are interested, i'll set up the site with the images and also hook up a 30% sale or something as a "grand opening"

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
congratulation mike. :)

your work is worthy of it. i'll have to take take a browse and see if some jump out at me. always looking for more art. i'll let my friends know.

peace.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by neut
congratulation mike. :)

your work is worthy of it. i'll have to take take a browse and see if some jump out at me. always looking for more art. i'll let my friends know.

peace.

I appreciate it. As soon as it's all setup, i'll post a thread with the link. :)

You guys can all pass it around if you like. :D

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
In case any is interested... i've set up a photo print site.

I'll be updating even more, but these are a start:

Mike's Images for Sale!

Also, there's a more comprehensive list of photos with thumbnails on my .mac page.

Mike's .Mac

If anyone wants a print from one of those photos, let me know, and i'll gladly offer it on my print page.

Thanks for lookin'!

m

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Moxiemike
Feel free to email me and let me know.

I've gotten good response... I think i'm gonna sell!!

I've been wanting to do the same exact thing (need, some extra income :))....I just need to find a good place to print stuff large :)....Has anyone here tried Kinko's prints? I want to know what they're quality is like at like 20" with a 4MP image :D....I really need to get a print of the image on this page for my grandfather four our house....he really wants it and I'd like to see it...

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by zync
I've been wanting to do the same exact thing (need, some extra income :))....I just need to find a good place to print stuff large :)....Has anyone here tried Kinko's prints? I want to know what they're quality is like at like 20" with a 4MP image :D....I really need to get a print of the image on this page for my grandfather four our house....he really wants it and I'd like to see it...

For true photo printing your going to want to find a specialty photo shop with knowledgeable people.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I wonder how Ritz's large prints look. I've been going to them for a little while now for processing and small prints, even though CVS is cheaper, some workers somehow manage to mess up an automated process :rolleyes:. That and I much prefer the white borders on the prints, makes it easier to look at the image itself it seems.

Okay, publishing the B&W stuff now, should be up in a sec.

edit: THEY'RE FINALLY UP!

note: that link will be changing tomorrow, so don't bookmark it yet ;)

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Originally posted by Counterfit
...even though CVS is cheaper, some workers somehow manage to mess up an automated process :rolleyes:...

Ugh, CVS. I used to work for the one in Washington Sq (in Brookline.) They could screw anything up :rolleyes:

Here's a shot I took today in school. Digital SLRs take a while to get used to (or I just suck.)

Attachments

• dscf2816.jpg
    dscf2816.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 125

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by 5300cs
Ugh, CVS. I used to work for the one in Washington Sq (in Brookline.) They could screw anything up :rolleyes:

Here's a shot I took today in school. Digital SLRs take a while to get used to (or I just suck.)

Not a bad effort. Which cam? (You have a Fuji "S" pro in your av....)

All DSLR's need a good deal of post-processing. I think that's where your dissatisfaction comes from. Try tweaking the levels and saturation in PS.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
S1 Pro .. got one with a Sigma 28-80mm lens and 340mb microdrive for about $500 off auction.

I've got an S304 & S602 (Japanese names) and they always have fabulous color right off the bat. Having to post-process is going to take some getting used to. I've taken about 110 pictures since Saturday night, and so far have only been satisfied with a bunch of them :(

Attachments

• s1_front.jpg
    s1_front.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 114

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by 5300cs
S1 Pro .. got one with a Sigma 28-80mm lens and 340mb microdrive for about $500 off auction.

I've got an S304 & S602 (Japanese names) and they always have fabulous color right off the bat. Having to post-process is going to take some getting used to. I've taken about 110 pictures since Saturday night, and so far have only been satisfied with a bunch of them :(

Nice score. How do you like the cam thus far?

You can look at dpreview.com for a big list of hints and whatnot on the S1. It's a great cam, but being a first gen DSLR has some stuff you'll need to workaround. Phil covers it nicely and fairly.

Check it out. :)

Also, you might want to invest in the NIkon 50mm 1.8 lens... appx $100 USD. Great sharp awesome lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.