Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by MacBandit
No it's a new feature of Photoshop CS.

As for level matching I believe there is an automatic feature that is suppose to work in combination with the stitching ability so that it automatically matches color and level. I haven't played with it much as I haven't shot many panoramas since I have had a copy of CS to play with.
For the match colors, it appears you have to do that prior to the merging. Photomerge grabs everything and sticks it into a single layer - makes it tough to tweak individual shots.

xthree

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2004
PA
Here's a promo for a local band, Astounding Counduct

Attachments

• acsepia.jpg
    acsepia.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 220

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by MacBandit
What lens did you get?

Last Friday I bought a Nikon 60mm f2.8 macro to finish a shoot I was working on. Today I received shipment of a Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro. I'm going to test them out side by side, to see if the quality of the Sigma matches that of the Nikon. If I keep the Sigma, I'll save myself $200 while gaining 15mm respectively. :D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
For merging, it's best to keep your camera settings all the same between shots. That's what I like about the Canon photo-stitch mode, is that it keeps the settings the same, so you don't have funky looking pictures... Also, flashes are bad when you're trying to stitch together multiple photos.

towerpanorama.jpg

Edit: problem solved. photo is up.
Edit Edit: wtf is going on here... first the picture wasn't up, then it was, and now it isn't. Is the picture showing up for anyone else right now?
Edit Edit Edit: It works now, I hope... :rolleyes:
Edit Edit Edit Edit: Ok, this is it... No more editing this post, since that seems to be what breaks the photo...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
xthree - cool band photo. you seem to know a lot of bands. im suprised my band isn't on your site. ;)

nice panoramas everyone. i would like to try one of those sometime. i'll have to use the D10 @ work cause my 505v isn't consistent enough... though it may make some interesting panel panoramas... hmmm <looks around for something really wide – wonders if his new 17" PB would call for a panoramic view :D>.

Rower - those beach shots are really neat. were all those shots from the same distance?

Moxie - i can almost hear that church... creepy. if those plants weren't in the background it would look very 'horror movie'. nice.

eye- i like the construction site shot. i would like to go shoot one sometime. i find the machinery and the destruction/creation very inspiring.

you guys are cool. im glad there are so many talented people participating in this creative thread. this is what apple really means for people to use their macs for. keep going people. keep creating. it's beautiful.

time to put my new 17" PB to use. can't wait to get a photo of my 15" and 17" on stage. woo-hoo!

... but in the meantime:

0003.jpg

peace.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
neut-
Focal lengths are all over the place on those shots. The seals on the beach were about 15-20 feet away. The one on the rock was about 10.

The seashore shot was taken at a wider angle and then zoomed in for the second one. The rock with the gulls on it was about 50 feet away, give or take.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
For the match colors, it appears you have to do that prior to the merging. Photomerge grabs everything and sticks it into a single layer - makes it tough to tweak individual shots.

No no no man! You can have it leave the pictures in seperate layers after you merge them...also try using advanced blending, you can preview it....make sure to get the images as close as possible, rotate if you have to....I have Canon's software and it doesn't work as well as photomerge in CS :D

My first CS photomerge...shot, with stitch assist, in my back yard/front yard! It worked almost without a hitch...I moved one picture around....this was about three pictures....I have one from my NC trip last summer that spans across a mile-high bridge from one side to the other but it's really hard to get completely correct, though I'm workin' on it...

Make sure the exposure and everything is locked when you're shooting also, this may sound crazy but I think it's best to start a panorama in the area with the middle light since the metering you'll get depends on the lock of the first shot...

Attachments

• swamp(s).jpg
    swamp(s).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 180

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by zync
No no no man! You can have it leave the pictures in seperate layers after you merge them...also try using advanced blending, you can preview it....make sure to get the images as close as possible, rotate if you have to....I have Canon's software and it doesn't work as well as photomerge in CS :D

That's the info I'm looking for, man! :p

I didn't play with the options too much. Are the settings all in the photomerge process or are they in the app prefs?

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
That's the info I'm looking for, man! :p

I didn't play with the options too much. Are the settings all in the photomerge process or are they in the app prefs?

They're in the menu on the right side....check keep as layers....also try the advanced blending as I said before....

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by zync
It was like an old rusty crown vic with sheet metal for the pedestal section and a bar for the actual wing....it was definitely satire at it's best!
Somewhat related, but completely OT: I saw a Ford Windstar with a wing on it. Yes, you heard me. A Windstar with a wing. I seriously hope it was meant as a joke :eek:

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Counterfit
Somewhat related, but completely OT: I saw a Ford Windstar with a wing on it. Yes, you heard me. A Windstar with a wing. I seriously hope it was meant as a joke :eek:

I think I've seen that too! ::shudders::

xthree

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2004
PA
That's awesome. I'm not sure if I know exactly where it is, but I know we've been down in Oakland taking pix before. I probably have one of the outside hehe

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by xthree
That's awesome. I'm not sure if I know exactly where it is, but I know we've been down in Oakland taking pix before. I probably have one of the outside hehe

your shots are very nice... what kinda cam do you use?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by xthree
neut, what's your band??

organech... actually, we don't play live anymore (though that may change shortly) we've turned more to the role of producers (though two of us are currently in other bands). when we played it was me on the TiPB (used to be a graphite tower like yours, but i just got a 17"), a hand drummer, a bassist, a guitarist, a turtablist and an MC/vocalist. im working on my an organech collective website featuring our work and the artists that we work with and a DVD of one of our live shows with some extras. there's a lot of talent here in Boise.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.