Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by Moxiemike
Nice sunset! Killer color saturation on that one. :)

Here's how I spent my night:

DSC_8660.jpg

so im assuming you have a home studio... what kind of set-up is it? what type of lights?

excellent staged shot.

peace.

btw- thanks for the compliment. your shots are always well carried out (ie you know what you are doing). I enjoy everyones photos for different reasons. much talent is to be found upon the board. good job everyone!

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by neut
so im assuming you have a home studio... what kind of set-up is it? what type of lights?

excellent staged shot.

peace.

btw- thanks for the compliment. your shots are always well carried out (ie you know what you are doing). I enjoy everyones photos for different reasons. much talent is to be found upon the board. good job everyone!

hah. I'll post the original of that one. I um, was a bit, um, chemically altered when I took that shot (it's for a design comp), and wasn't feeling like lugging my light rig up 7 flights of stairs, so i decided to just go with available light and see if I could pull it off without the lights and the background. So here's the original shot. Haha.

When life gives you sour grapes... make wine, right? ;)

org.jpg

For this one, I just used the two lights in the hallway of our band's practice studio. :)

That said, I do have a background setup made from PVC pipe (costed like, 20 bucks) and I use a Smith Victor light kit that was relatvely inexpensive ($250ish for 1500w of continuous lights, umbrellas, case, stands and a boom) but I do wanna get some strobes sometime in the future. Though these ROCK for product shots.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Nice shot mike! I think whocares is right, but there's A LOT of talent on these threads...

Neut, I really like your treatment of the tree...you took a colorless void and made it cool....it would be a neat CD cover or something...

whocares, check out the last bunch of threads, there's a lot of good stuff to see :)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
So I gotta jump into it here a little.

I recently purchased a new lens for my camera rig, Nikon 60mm f2.8 macro. This thing is pretty damned sharp, and FAST I tell u.

Anyway, here's a few samples from it.

Attachments

• dsc_1714_opt.gif
    dsc_1714_opt.gif
    88.8 KB · Views: 214

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by zync
Nice shot mike! I think whocares is right, but there's A LOT of talent on these threads...

Neut, I really like your treatment of the tree...you took a colorless void and made it cool....it would be a neat CD cover or something...

whocares, check out the last bunch of threads, there's a lot of good stuff to see :)

I was thinking that about Neut's tree. It's a killer application for that shot. Would look sweet on a nice mellow singer songwriter CD with a nice organic type treatment.

If anyone's familiar with red house painters, they'll know EXACTLY what I mean.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by eyelikeart
So I gotta jump into it here a little.

I recently purchased a new lens for my camera rig, Nikon 60mm f2.8 macro. This thing is pretty damned sharp, and FAST I tell u.

Anyway, here's a few samples from it.

Killer detial. You shoot that raw?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
good that you're embracing that workflow. Fun, isn't it??

Yeah it is. I'm going to have to adjust it some though, as far as filing & such goes. But the post edit process is pretty damned fun man. :D

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Originally posted by zync

Yeah, I've been wanting to do that, but all 9 of them, it's just so overwhelming. I guess when I have a bit more free time :)

Anyways, I've got the 2000+ posts of the "Have u been drunk" thread to go through :p

idkew

macrumors 68020
Nice shooting! was gonna go to the car show to shoot... but ended up not going. Gave my tix to my bro-in-law.

Now you're making me wish i went!

What cam are you using?

m

thanks. i use a canon powershot s45. not bad for a compact camera. wish i had a d100 though...

the car show was great, but WAY too packed. It was impossible to take good picts for the ford gt. hundreds of people were trying to see it.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
The pic after the Ram should've been a picture with the camera sitting on the ground that you'd show as a vertical image :D I liked the waterfall shot...

idkew, nice car shots man! really love the engine...the Ford GT didn't have that intake in the middle of the hood before, only the two on the sides for heat dispersion (I'm assuming that's what they're for, they will create a low pressure area that would make it easy for the engine to get air but that'd be pointless)....how come no pics of the new mustang!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.