Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hush

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2006
Madrid, Spain
Last year I spent 7 months in London, I was on business. This photo was made at Carnaby St.

51796787.DSC_3705.jpg

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Street Scene: Downtown

bikesanddude.jpg

November 4, 2006
Daegu, South Korea
Canon A640
1/500@f5.6
12.6 mm (~35mm equiv.)​

I exposed to keep the sky from burning out and used the flash to fill in some foreground detail. I then used Photoshop to bring out some shadow detail. I'm not sure where the odd color came from in this shot, but it matches the scene I think. Oh some cropping was done, too.

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
There is something "magical" in what you posted. It is hard to tell in such a small image. But to me the contrast. exposure, and composition seem to be spot on.

Thanks a lot. I've been really trying to improve on my composition and the emotion my photos convey.

I'm going to go make a 8x10 print today, insead of just scanning the negitive, and will post a higher res version.

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
bikesanddude.jpg

November 4, 2006
Daegu, South Korea
Canon A640
1/500@f5.6
12.6 mm (~35mm equiv.)​

I exposed to keep the sky from burning out and used the flash to fill in some foreground detail. I then used Photoshop to bring out some shadow detail. I'm not sure where the odd color came from in this shot, but it matches the scene I think. Oh some cropping was done, too.

This is a beautiful picture. The color is surreal and there's just something intangible/creepy and emotive about it. Kudos!

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
small editing in Nikon Capture :cool:

local little porches that have no point other than looking cool so i thought it would make a cool pic.... and yes i took this from a moving car :p

DSC_0009.jpg

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Thursday Night Lights

Last game of the season.

D2H_0328.jpg

EDIT: If ChrisA is out there somewhere, 8 FPS DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! :mad: :p ;) :D

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
From other pictures I have posted here, some may note that I have a "thing" on bathrooms. Not sure why - perhaps it is the "personal" nature of viewing such a "private" place. Yet in some way it is a personal project of mine.

I like bathroom pictures too, something primal about them. Especially those decorated with a simple or monochromatic colour scheme like the one you posted.

Hmmm, you must have missed out on the "post your toilet seat" thread :p (unless I'm mistaken).

raptor96

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
RI
Sunflowers, Callaway Gardens, Georgia (not sure the date but I put it up Aug. 15 2005)

I'm disappointed that the foreground flower is out of focus because the auto-focus focused on the background flower (could also be 'cause I was too close maybe).

Attachments

• 34263547_aa5c7c51de_b.jpg
    34263547_aa5c7c51de_b.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 60

Seventy5

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2006
Dundee, Scotland
First snow of 2006 (Scotland)

Took this on the train to Aberdeen, from Dundee. Sadly I was going to work therefore will be unable to go and play in it or watch it grow :(

First snow of 2006.jpg

I don't have the EXIF data to hand, but I'm not sure it's relevant anyway!

Steven Donaldson
------------------------------
See more images of Scotland at http://LivingScotlandPhotography.co.uk

Seventy5

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2006
Dundee, Scotland
Forth Bridges

And while I'm on a roll, here we are sailing into Rosyth under the Forth bridges.

Sailing in to Rosyth 03.jpg

EDIT: I'll try and re-post this picture later. I am using a Linux machine just now without GIMP and apparently OOo is not very good at reducing picture quality. It always wants to put it on an A4 sheet of paper!

Steven Donaldson
------------------------------
See more images of Scotland at http://LivingScotlandPhotography.co.uk

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Holy Cow! A recent trip? I was in Iceland in February this year, and the weather never allowed me to even see this with the naked eye! Congrats on being there at the right time.

I have heard stories of Japanese tourists that have traveled at a cost of $5000+US to "see" the Northern Lights - only to see nothing.

We got very lucky! We touched down on sat 28th Oct, had enough time to get to the hotel and get a bite to eat before heading out. The Aurora started off as nothing more than a dark greenish cloud, but over the next couple of hours is blossomed into the all-singing all-dancing Aurora you see in professional pics and films. Simply awesome.

Went twice again to see it and were lucky again, but not in the same magnitude. It really is down to luck - cold, still nights may be not exactly in short supply, but solar activity that happened five days before to have made the trip down to 66 degrees north in time for it to light up the sky? Not so consistant.

I have something like 50+ Aurora pics. Some are great as is, some I'll be editing to remove house lights/car light time lapse streaks. Will probably post some on here!

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Restaurant Prep

RestaurantPrep.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
Canon A640
November 4, 2006
1/60@f3.2
fill flash
lens 10.8mm​

I snapped this lady through the back door of a restaurant near where I took yesterday's posted picture. She was getting side dishes of chopped raw garlic ready for the evening diners. That's a big sack of garlic on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.