Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
rebscb: check the posting rules at the start of this thread (hint: it has to do with how many pictures to post on any given day) ;)

Right you are. But also with threads like this, it is up to the OP to request that the mods keep things under control.

In this case, I will speak for iGary - I doubt that two quick posts would make him upset. :)

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
27/11/06

3 ducks have been coming to visit our house for the past week. I think DOF is too shallow, but I would have to grab tripod otherwise, and well I'm too lazy. well I guess iso 400 coulda worked too.

Nikon D50
1/160
f 5.0
Nikkor 70-300 - 200mm
iso 200

Attachments

• duk.jpg
    duk.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 55

Bananac

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2006
Im not a professional yet.Im learning now about photography so what do u think about this photo and the second photo on the post #3194 page 128.
I will sign on Faculty of dramatic arts (Directing for Film and Tv) next year.

Sunshine in Montenegro

Taken by Fuji S9500
1/110
F/8.0
28-300 -300mm
ISO 80

dscf18030lo7.jpg

rebscb

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2002
apologies

Thanks for the reference to the rules for posting one per day. I apologize for my mistake...

Rickay726

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2005
New Jersey
(Some background):

Between work and vacations, it has been a busy couple of months for me!

As a thank you to my sister for her help during my break-up with my ex (and all that entailed - emotionally, physically, financially, and personally) of 13+ years; I took her on her second cruise (and my first) in mid October.

What will follow over the next many days (weeks perhaps) are a few of the "winners" of that trip of the photos I took (or at least IMHO). I had to to try to balance the "photographer" in me; and trying to make this trip "special" for my sister.

While not the "best" photo; the attached image perhaps shares best how I felt about this trip. The first time in 10+ years that I allowed myself to lounge by a pool or beach.

And the shear awe of seeing the cruise-ship that I was on in it's full splendor. The Caribbean Princess was an amazing ship. 3100 passengers. The rear most "deck" was the Skywalker Lounge looming 18 floors as they count them.

[shooting data: Panasonic LX-1 in JPEG mode, at 19.2mm (85mm 35mm FOV), f/4.5, 1/250, ISO 80]

i was on that ship over the summer, it was my first cruise to, i had such a good time

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
i was on that ship over the summer, it was my first cruise to, i had such a good time

Hope you will join me in sharing some photos from that trip.

Going OT here for a bit:

Because of the fun I had on the Caribbean Princess, I just came back less than two weeks ago on a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Imagination. I had a decent time; but David, the cruise director, on the Caribbean Princess - really made that cruise much more fun. I want to take the Eastern Caribbean tour on the Caribbean Prince.

Just wish Princess and other cruise lines had fares that were more friendly for the single traveler, like Carnival does.

What was the weather like for your trip? I was a bit surprised at the humidity for October. Was hoping for just a little less for that time of year.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Hey, as long as we're posting travel pictures. I'm in Florence right now as part of an ongoing vacation extravaganza that I'm sure I'll post about in a separate thread when it's all over. Suffice it to say that I've had about enough of traveling for the moment. Anyways, we hiked up the Campanile next to the Duomo in Florence today (414 stairs up), and the view was beautiful. Here's a shot looking out past the Duomo's Dome over Florence.

Minolta Dimage A2

library003pm9.jpg

Edit: 2000th post, w00t :)

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
From a senior session on 11/22, in West Ouachita, LA.

01.jpg

EXIF:
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D
Exposure Time: 1/160 sec
ISO: 50
Lens Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 50.00 mm

I'm not trying to spam my website or anything, this is a version off of my blog. I'm too lazy to crop it and upload another, so there you go.

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
I just got my camera, so I thought id go up and see what it can do at night. Bare with it as I'm new to the whole DSLR thingy, but am loving it.

Nikon D80
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure: 15"

Night.jpg

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
November 26, 2006.
Pentax Optio W10
39 shot panorama, stitched in AutoPano Pro

It was a cool and misty Sunday run. Lord! I felt euphoric...

I invite you to compare it to my similar post on page 58 (#1447) of this thread.

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
Pentax Optio W10
1/13@f3.3
6.3mm
iso 64

Fall is so deliciously melancholy.[/QUOTE]

Both are absolutely stunning as usual. Great work.:D

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
As promised, here is a another photo from my October cruise on the Caribbean Princess. This shot was done with the Nikon D50IR (converted by Life Pixel) with the 10.5 fish-eye lens at ISO 200, 1/320 at f/9.0).

I assume that the IR means that it 'sees' in infrared, but how does it work with the differences in focusing? What does the conversion entail? Sounds really neat.

Suitable, so soon since Thanksgiving:
attachment.php

f 4.0 @ 1/80th of a second, ISO 100
Again, sorry for having to post it like this. I'm working on getting my webserver to do the chore instead of my ftp server since vB doesn't seem to like ftp. :( And no, that isn't the turkey we used for our family's Thanksgiving dinner. :p

Attachments

• gobble.jpg
    gobble.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 510

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA

I think this picture would be stronger if you took out the lights in the background, only showing the road. I don't think the lights in the background add much to the picture. I love time lapse shots like this, btw. Here is a quick mockup just to show you; I hope you don't mind me messing around with it. Anyway; here it is..

IMHO

Kevin

Attachments

• Night.jpg
    Night.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.