Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
Right you are. But also with threads like this, it is up to the OP to request that the mods keep things under control.

In this case, I will speak for iGary - I doubt that two quick posts would make him upset. :)

I'm pretty sure at the beginning it asks for people to post exif data too, but it seems that was long forgotten.

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
I think this picture would be stronger if you took out the lights in the background, only showing the road. I don't think the lights in the background add much to the picture. I love time lapse shots like this, btw. Here is a quick mockup just to show you; I hope you don't mind me messing around with it. Anyway; here it is..

IMHO

Kevin

That is why I took multiple photos in the same location, I like knowing where the city is in location to the road, IMO. But on the other side I was able to take pictures of just what the cars would light up. This following was taken the same place, Fort Collins, CO with the same set up.

Road.jpg

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
From a senior session on 11/22, in West Ouachita, LA.

01.jpg

EXIF:
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D
Exposure Time: 1/160 sec
ISO: 50
Lens Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 50.00 mm

I'm not trying to spam my website or anything, this is a version off of my blog. I'm too lazy to crop it and upload another, so there you go.

Nice shot.

Taken in West Ouachita? As in, the area that doesn't really have a name beside the high school, or more around Chatham or Calhoun?

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
I'm pretty sure at the beginning it asks for people to post exif data too, but it seems that was long forgotten.

It says post exif "if you like", and I think some of us just don't like :D

It does remind me of a story I heard (listening to a history of photography podcast), about how people would ask Ansel Adams what settings he used to take various photos. Adams would immediately reply with the camera settings with no hesitation. When asked how he could remember the settings so easily, he replied that he was just inventing them on the spot -- his point being that it was completely irrelevant (for example telling someone the photo was taken for 2 seconds at f8 wasn't going to suddenly allow them to take the same picture). Some will disagree with this point of view, but it did get me thinking, and since then I put less importance on exif data.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Nice shot.

Taken in West Ouachita? As in, the area that doesn't really have a name beside the high school, or more around Chatham or Calhoun?

Thanks. I didn't know what else to call it - West Ouachita was the best I could come up with. I drove for 20 minutes and saw literally no sign of life until I got to these folks' farm.

How's it been going by the way?

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
It says post exif "if you like", and I think some of us just don't like :D

It does remind me of a story I heard (listening to a history of photography podcast), about how people would ask Ansel Adams what settings he used to take various photos. Adams would immediately reply with the camera settings with no hesitation. When asked how he could remember the settings so easily, he replied that he was just inventing them on the spot -- his point being that it was completely irrelevant (for example telling someone the photo was taken for 2 seconds at f8 wasn't going to suddenly allow them to take the same picture). Some will disagree with this point of view, but it did get me thinking, and since then I put less importance on exif data.

Yeah, ur probably right, I don't look at the exif too much, But I do like to know what lenses people are using, I think this can be beneficial to people looking to buy new lenses.

Drodr28

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2006
SF
Sloat Sunset

307044455_221a6317bc.jpg

Sloat Blvd, Ocean Beach, San Francisco, CA 10/29/06
Camera: Nikon Coolpix L1 Macro setting ON

briwalkr

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2006
Bumpass, Virginia
Bumpass Fire

That's right, I live in beautiful downtown Bumpass VA, and since we seem to be on a sunset theme....

I got home from work a few months back, and it looked like my back yard was on fire. So, I thought it was best to take a picture for the insurance adjuster. Its always good to document any claims - you know.

attachment.php

Body: Canan 20D
Lens: 17 - 85mm EFS IS USM
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 47mm
Aperature: f/5.6
Shutter Spd: 1/60

Attachments

• Bumpass Fire - small.jpg
    Bumpass Fire - small.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 445
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.