Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Yet another D50IR (from Life Pixel)

Another image from my October Cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

I was taken by how IR gave "new life" to what I was seeing with my naked eye. Not saying that seeing a different weather pattern wasn't enough.

At times during the cruise I was amazed at just how low the clouds seemed to be.

Attachments

• _DSC0396.jpg
    _DSC0396.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 97

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
That has to be the biggest picture I have ever seen on this thread :eek:
I'm on broadband and it took about 2min's to show up. :rolleyes:
Anywho nice shot, only thing is it's slightly crooked and if you removed the powerlines they would'nt distract so much.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
I think I got the HTTP shmangy working.

http://nichrome.serveftp.com/images/testing123.JPG

Next step: shrinking it down a bit. I don't think there are that many dial-up users in this thread... but it is a bit of a pain to scroll. Ah, well. One step at a time.
For a 2.5 MB picture, it takes quite a long time to show, maybe due to the slow server? For now, can you please remove the img tags until you figure out how to reduce the size of the image to your liking? You could try uploading the image via Imageshack and use the resizing options they have there.

We'll all thank you in the morning!
-OA

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Next step: shrinking it down a bit. I don't think there are that many dial-up users in this thread... but it is a bit of a pain to scroll. Ah, well. One step at a time.

Yes please shrink it down it takes a long time to load and I Would like to be able to see the entire picture at once.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Smoking at Seoul Station

smokingseoulstn.jpg

Seoul Station
Seoul, South Korea
October 21, 2006
Sony DSC R1
71.5 mm (5 X) cropped a lot
1/250@f8
iso 160

I often wonder what set of circumstances sets a person, say, outside a train station with a bed roll and a cigarette. The slightest twist could set many of us in a similar situation...

(strange, there is no "smily" for "thoughtful.")

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Im not a professional yet.Im learning now about photography so what do u think about this photo and the second photo on the post #3194 page 128.
I will sign on Faculty of dramatic arts (Directing for Film and Tv) next year.

Sunshine in Montenegro

Taken by Fuji S9500
1/110
F/8.0
28-300 -300mm
ISO 80

dscf18030lo7.jpg

Wow, that's very nice. I love landscape photos, so I'm naturally drawn to photos like these. :)

Nov26pano.jpg

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
November 26, 2006.
Pentax Optio W10
39 shot panorama, stitched in AutoPano Pro

It was a cool and misty Sunday run. Lord! I felt euphoric...

I invite you to compare it to my similar post on page 58 (#1447) of this thread.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/204316/

IMGP1652-copy.jpg

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
Pentax Optio W10
1/13@f3.3
6.3mm
iso 64

Fall is so deliciously melancholy.

Wow, great work once again.

Overall, you probably take the most photos that actually "WOW" me. :) Most of them were taken with "point and shoot" cameras, so it's further proof that the camera doesn't matter as much as people think. A few people here have 1 or 2 DSLRs and can't seem to get results like yours. I have a DSLR, and I certainly can't. :eek:

Haven't been out shooting forever, so I went out for 45 minutes this morning before uni and took some photos. Here's one of them. :)

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 51

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
San Marco area of Jacksonville
309853940_5c25ead864.jpg

That's lovely :)

And, Mechcozmo are you using a Mac? There are dozens of ways of straightening up, resizing and even cropping photos in Mac OS X. iPhoto for example, if you don't want to spring for Aperture or Photoshop. You can even use the Preview application.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
And another photo from that same shoot...
9/24/06
Canon Digital Rebel
18-55mm

As always, CC requested!

Kevin

13.gif

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Ok, so it's 'Picture of the day'...but here are a couple more, 2 from New York, one from London...

Yeah, "picture of the day" means you get to post one picture per day and need to give us some details about the photo (Location and date), not an unlimited number of photos as long as you took them all on the same day. ;)

Oh, I like the 2nd and 3rd photo, and I'm not too big a fan of the 1st photo because I don't like the look of the prominent building.

sohosid

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Portland
Yeah, "picture of the day" means you get to post one picture per day and need to give us some details about the photo (Location and date), not an unlimited number of photos as long as you took them all on the same day. ;)

:D Apologies all round. Rules followed from tomorrow onward!

Oh, I like the 2nd and 3rd photo, and I'm not too big a fan of the 1st photo because I don't like the look of the prominent building.

Well...the prominent building (Chrysler Building) is the focal point of the shot...would be a shot of sky otherwise!!

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
I cant get my internet drive to work, so I have to add this picture as an attachment, but I took this photo at DEN at dusk from my seat.

Nikon D80
1/40 @ f/3.2
50mm

Attachments

• Dusk.jpg
    Dusk.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 48

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Wow, great work once again.

Overall, you probably take the most photos that actually "WOW" me. :) Most of them were taken with "point and shoot" cameras, so it's further proof that the camera doesn't matter as much as people think. A few people here have 1 or 2 DSLRs and can't seem to get results like yours. I have a DSLR, and I certainly can't. :eek:

Thanks! :) I used to have a couple of film slr's, but sold 'em while a poor student. It's cool to play with that kind of gear. These days, the compacts--point-and-shoot is kind of a put-down term, I think--are so good that they generally serve the purpose for what I want to do (nature, street, macro). They are not perfect, but are good enough for my amateur needs. I have my no-so-compact Sony R1 for when size/weight is not an issue, or I have a special project in mind.
If I was selling my pic.s, or did sports, studio, and birds/animals then I'd be into dslr's in a flash. A few things that have kept me away from dslr's, up to now at least, are the bulkiness, the dust issue--I live in a very dusty area--and the difficulty in getting a real wide angle at a reasonable price.
If someone could put out a full-frame dslr with anti-shake, dust-free, weather seals and a flip swivel lcd for around $1000, I would buy it...and so would everyone else. :) Even so, that new Pentax K10D is looking tempting...

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Yeah, that K10D is already a huge hit. The price is right, and if Pentax releases some decent lenses, someone can really have a nice little photography kit for regular hobbyist photography, depending on your hobby. ;)

Well...the prominent building (Chrysler Building) is the focal point of the shot...would be a shot of sky otherwise!!

Yeah, but I don't like the colour. :eek: Looks like it's underwater, that's all. I like the other photos better. The editing you do works well, but I just don't like the building's colour. But this editing works well on the most part. :)

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
Ok, so it's 'Picture of the day'...but here are a couple more, 2 from New York, one from London...

well, your 3 photos still took up less bandwidth than that one monster image somebody posted above :p

You've really conveyed an emotional impact for me with the first one. And I like how the clouds (contrails?) keep me in the picture (by drawing me back down) - as opposed to my eyes shooting off into the sky after leaving the building.

010504-209.jpg

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Another D50IR post

Was hesitant in posting two images - since the posting police are out in force - but they are the same image; just different crops.

Attachments

• _DSC0394.jpg
    _DSC0394.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC0394a.jpg
    _DSC0394a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.