Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emdotdee

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2003
Widnes, Cheshire, England.
Man -- nice exposure! In a past life I used to be the person with the guitar -- good performance shots are rare -- this one is superb. Off to look at the rest...

Thanks, although the exposures weren't very good in the original photo. I've had to up the levels a lot.

As I said though, the final image is what I was hoping for when I first took the photo (if that makes sense).
I'm still having trouble finding the correct settings on the camera to match the environment (small pub gigs where there is crappy lighting) so it's a good job I know my way around photoshop.

p.s, what did you think of the other photos??

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
priceoffreedom.jpg

1/800
f 4

World War II memorial in Washington, D.C.
I used the "My Colors" mode to isolate the gold/yellow color of the stars.

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
First is just messing with multiple shots but different light sources
315233142_dec514a69e.jpg

Second taken at the top of a sort of waterfall feature at night
308750944_0af5256b8a.jpg

jimmer116

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
Before a storm. I wanted actual storm pictures, but the lack of a weatherproof case sort of prevented that from happening.

I didn't do anything to it; don't really know what to do with it. Let me know what you think.

1/500
f/4.1
Canon A610

IMG_0244.jpg

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
More action at Conowingo Dam

December 3, 2006
Nikon D200
Lens: "Bertha" (200mm f/2)
Focal Length: 200mm
f/8
1/1250 sec

Two juvenile Bald Eagles chasing after the mature Bald Eagle and his prize:

115131495-L.jpg

(Yes, it would have been nice if I'd had one of my longer lenses on the camera at the time the action started, but things didn't turn out that way!)

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
7th October 2006
Snowdonia, Wales
Long exposure of our campsite at 3am (The can wasn't meant to be there, I was holding the camera in such a way that the viewfinder was impossible to see)

Attachments

• _DSC0043.JPG
    _DSC0043.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 61

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Well, okay, it's not life magazine, but this photo (found on my Flickr site!) will be on the cover of Dulcimer Players News. I know you all have your subscriptions paid up :D I'll take it where I can get it!

Congrats!
I'm sad to say I let my D.P.N. subscription lapse. :( I kind of lost interest when they changed editors and the name switched from Dulcimer Players Kick Ass! to Dulcimer Player News. (yawn)

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
World War II memorial in Washington, D.C.
I used the "My Colors" mode to isolate the gold/yellow color of the stars.
I like this photo very much. I was at the US WWII cemetery at Omaha Beach in Normandy, France a few weeks ago, and tried to find pictures that conveyed emotion like yours does. It certainly wasn't easy.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
What the Mouse Saw

WhatTheMouseSaw.jpg

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
November 26, 2006.
Pentax Optio W10
wide angle, but cropped a lot​

I forgot the hotshoe for my gorillapod so I set the camera on a root. I used the time-lapse feature and ran back and forth a few times. I would have perhaps got a better shot but the battery died (short battery life being a weak point of this model). It was just as well that it did die since it was getting dark fast, and was fully night by the time I was down off the mountain.

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
Fire!

Unfortunately, this was as close as I was allowed to get to the fire, The Cops told me to piss off when I was closer! I was surprised the amount of people who came to watch the fire though, I just wanted to get some photos of the firemen in action.

6/12/06 - Onkaparinga gorge
Nikon D50
18-55, 55mm
1/400 f 5.7
Iso200

Attachments

• DSC_1499.jpg
    DSC_1499.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 57

CDailey

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
Went downtown and took this at the hotel I stayed at. I was on the 17th floor I think. This is downtown Jacksonville, Florida :)

jacksonvilleatnight4bylfn6.jpg

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL
Shutter Speed: 30/1 second
F Number: F/22.0
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Date Picture Taken: Feb 24, 2006

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
WhatTheMouseSaw.jpg

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
November 26, 2006.
Pentax Optio W10

I forgot the hotshoe for my gorillapod so I set the camera on a root. I used the time-lapse feature and ran back and forth a few times. I would have perhaps got a better shot but the battery died (short battery life being a weak point of this model). It was just as well that it did die since it was getting dark fast, and was fully night by the time I was down off the mountain.

That is a spectacular shot! It has a very eerie feeling to it.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Unfortunately, this was as close as I was allowed to get to the fire, The Cops told me to piss off when I was closer! I was surprised the amount of people who came to watch the fire though, I just wanted to get some photos of the firemen in action.

6/12/06 - Onkaparinga gorge
Nikon D50
18-55, 55mm
1/400 f 5.7
Iso200

Trust me-- that's as close as you want to get to a fire like that. In San Diego, recently, five firemen were killed when the fire changed directions suddenly. In 2003, the city practically shut down for a week while a fire (actually 3 of them) caused ash to rain from the sky, which turned an eerie orange color at all times of the day. I wish I had some photos; it was the scariest week I can remember. A simple change in winds would have forced us to evacuate.

Long story short, go to your local fire station to see firemen at work. There's a good chance of you dying (well, being BBQ'ed) if you try to take a picture of them while they're actually at-work.

EDIT: Ah, goodie! Pictures (huzzah for Google). Linkety 1 and Linkety 2

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
WhatTheMouseSaw.jpg

Mt. Yongji
Daegu, South Korea
November 26, 2006.
Pentax Optio W10

It reminds me of sleepy hollow the Horror/comedy movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.