Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Memories of a Month Ago

NovemberFallRidge.jpg

Canon A640
Mt. Yongji, S. Korea​

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
from early this morning

sorry to attach, but seems like snapfish does not have a way to directly link.

f/4.2
ISO 800
Exposure .100

Attachments

• JHB_0149.JPG
    JHB_0149.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 68

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Japan131.jpg

Just came across this photo which looked pretty bad, too many saves I think. So I tried to fix it up a little. Taken about 4 years ago, in Aboshi, Japan.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
Just came across this photo which looked pretty bad, too many saves I think. So I tried to fix it up a little. Taken about 4 years ago, in Aboshi, Japan.

I think it looks kinda neat, all nice and grainy (not sure if this a result of your fix-up or original, but it's not bad either way). I'm wondering how it would look if you went fully monochrome on it, instead of keeping some blue colouring on the boat?

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
I think it looks kinda neat, all nice and grainy (not sure if this a result of your fix-up or original, but it's not bad either way). I'm wondering how it would look if you went fully monochrome on it, instead of keeping some blue colouring on the boat?

Thanks, :) it was a little bit of both. I mainly used the Exclusion brush on most of it, and desaturated the boat just a little. Anyway here is another version
A fully monochrome with boosted contrast.
mono.jpg

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
Thanks, :) it was a little bit of both. I mainly used the Exclusion brush on most of it, and desaturated the boat just a little. Anyway here is another version
A fully monochrome with boosted contrast.

Thanks for that. I like them both, and especially this one - but that's not surprising, since I've become a BW junkie :p

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
I really like this one. Something about the brick walls -- urban fragments -- that is appealing. I once wanted to be an archaelogist. Maybe that has something to do with it...

Thanks Paul, the idea of "urban decay" was something I was hoping to get across, so I'm glad it worked for you. The photo is from a wall at the Don Valley Brickworks, which was a former industrial site in Toronto, and it is interesting because they have turned the surrounding area (a rock quarry) into a city park, but kept a bunch of the building remnants. Some of it is off limits due to lingering industrial contaminants in some of the buildings (silicates, lead, abestos, etc), but there are still a number of interesting photographic opportunities from partially collapsed buildings and stuff.

fall3n

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
i took this in the summertime. the view was from my garden looking inbetween an inch gap above my gate.
i've pixelated faces for obvious reasons.
QUOTE]

I think the original is a far better view of the shot. I liked the look of the "gap"

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
birds.jpg

I wish the f-stop was lower... would have added to the eerie fog in the morning that day.

1/160
f 4.0

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Some really good stuff on here, great for inspiration!

My latest attempt, mainly just a few of us messing around with external flash nothing too fancy but i liked the result.

317731356_68fd399e48.jpg

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
DSC_6501b.jpg

eiland van licht

Christmas enchantment in the center of my town.
9 december 2006
Nikon D200
iso 800
18-200 nikon VR lens at 30 mm
1/40 at f3.5
no tripod used

Cool shot:D The colors and the shapes are very interesting. You also got a pretty sharp picture for not using a Tripod. Did you set the camera on something and use the timer?

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
Cool shot:D The colors and the shapes are very interesting. You also got a pretty sharp picture for not using a Tripod. Did you set the camera on something and use the timer?

just the camera in my hands and looking for some stability with my elbows on what we call a 'Nadar' ... The Nikon VR lens is really cool in controling stability, I took some shots at 200 mm this evening in the same conditions the are really fine. You can find more here. I did some correction on the curves and added some lens sharpening with photoshop but this is alway needed with my pictures from the Nikon D200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.