Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
FrankieTDouglas said:
And about the polaroid... I'll keep an eye out for contests. I'm honestly clueless on the second-half of art (whether it's writing, video, or photography). I just do it for the sake of doing it, and never think about competitions for the stuff. I shall read further into it!!

Same for me. But your image ranks up there with many of the contemporary photographers.

If it weren't for limited wall space in my one bedroom apartment, I truly would love to buy a print of this photograph (the second edition that you shared). If you were to provide a 5x5 print matted 8x8 - I would be happy to add you to small collection of other photographers.

A very quick sample of the crop of what I am thinking of.

Attachments

• hd2_mine.jpg
    hd2_mine.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 106

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Clix Pix said:
Falls Church, VA May 31, 2006
D200
ISO: 640
Focal Length: 60mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/80s @ f/4.5
Lens: Micro-Nikkor 60mm

Clix. if you would allow me to print this as a 5x5 print (as this crop shows) I would love to have you sign the matt and add your photo to my collection.

Attachments

• clix_72674025-L.jpg
    clix_72674025-L.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 82

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Chip NoVaMac said:
Same for me. But your image ranks up there with many of the contemporary photographers.

If it weren't for limited wall space in my one bedroom apartment, I truly would love to buy a print of this photograph (the second edition that you shared). If you were to provide a 5x5 print matted 8x8 - I would be happy to add you to small collection of other photographers.

A very quick sample of the crop of what I am thinking of.

Oh nice!

If you use AIM, send me a message at "xsahibx."

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Chip NoVaMac said:
Clix. if you would allow me to print this as a 5x5 print (as this crop shows) I would love to have you sign the matt and add your photo to my collection.

Wow! I'm flattered....sure you don't want the full 300 ppi res to print? The one here is just the 72 ppi for the web.....

Yes, please do print out this as a 5x5 and we can see how it looks!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Clix Pix said:
Wow! I'm flattered....sure you don't want the full 300 ppi res to print? The one here is just the 72 ppi for the web.....

Yes, please do print out this as a 5x5 and we can see how it looks!

To both you and FrankieTDouglas, I want a at least 200 dpi for a 5x5 print. You and I see each other often enough, that I would just bring in to work a blank 8x8 mat for you to sign - with you allowing me to print off a 5x5 since we know each other so well.

For Frankie, I would be more than will to mail off the matt and have him provide the print.

And I willing to pay you both for a print of each of your photographs. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Chip NoVaMac said:
Bravo on a great image. If there is any issues that I have is that the background colors do not match the Polaroid image. But still in awe over this image.

Actually, that's the reason I LIKE the photo. :eek:

Anyway...... Pelican, Monkey Mia, 12/05/2006. I cropped this one a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0279_1.JPG
    IMG_0279_1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 93

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Silentwave said:
Quick shot at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens
Miami, Florida, USA
January 29, 2006

Camera: Nikon D200
Shutter/Aperture: 1/400 sec. f/5.6 (Exposure comp. -1EV)
ISO: 200
Lens: 85mm f/2.8D PC Micro Nikkor
Shot RAW, processed in Nikon Capture.

73082719-O.jpg
Very nice. What beautiful coloring.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I should explain some on my desire for Frankie's and Clix's images to fit my desire for a 5x5 print that will fit an 8x8 matt.

Both had images that I saw that fit the square format perfectly IMO.

On my trip to London in February I came across a photographer at Covent Garden. The size and price of his work made it possible for me t have something to enjoy from my visit.

To those that think I may stretching the bounds of the intent of the photographer ad their vision. I look upon my request as no different in asking a painter for a different sized painting - along the lines of the original.

In photography it is different though. In both the images that I desire, i see a different crop that works for my "space". Both photographers have the option to stay to their original intent.

It is up to them to decide whether my request meets their desires.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Chip NoVaMac said:
I agree, and wonderful use of DOF in this photo.
I had to look up what DOF meant. But I do know what Depth of Field is, just never seen DOF used. I think I just dated myself.

Anyhow, he really did well with the colors and DOF as you say. So very clear. Love the front legs coloring.

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
30th of august 2005
Valsavaranche, Italie
National Parc

My girlfriend actually took this picture.
I really enjoyed that trip.
So that's my picture of the day.

I really like your waterfall shot igary. Looks like it was taken on some desert island.

Attachments

• italie-motagne-light.jpg
    italie-motagne-light.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 126

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Image Name: none
Date: April 24, 2006
attachment.php

Camera: Nikon D2x
Lens: 70-200mm f/2.8 VR
Aperture/Shutter: f/11, 1/125
ISO: 200

Attachments

• Cape Town.jpg
    Cape Town.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,429

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
Always wanted to get a picture of someone inside this rock structure/urban art (I guess that's what it could be). Got bored one day and finally did it...

159396337_63cb748246.jpg

eddx

macrumors regular
May 12, 2005
Manchester, UK
Last night's Sunset

Taken last night (Friday). Sunset over South Manchester in England UK. Yes, I was about stood less than a quarter of a mile away from Manchester Airport, but that was behind me from where this photo was taken from.

9:25PM Friday 2nd June 2006
Camera = Canon PowerShot S60 (you don't need an SLR to be a Photographer)
5 Million Pixels (JPEG capture)
Aperture F/5.3
Exposure = 1/250 second
Camera Purchased March 2005
12,169th Image captured

attachment.php

Attachments

• sunset_south_manchester_england.jpg
    sunset_south_manchester_england.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,040

iSaint

macrumors 603
Saturday, April 8, 2006
'Wide-Open!'
Canon Rebel Auto Exposure/Focus
ISO 200

Nicholas, my 7 year old. Never met a stranger. Knows everything, knows all the rules. Talks constantly. A true wild-man. But, total fun all the time!

Attachments

• 823144-R1-040-18A.jpg
    823144-R1-040-18A.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 84

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I don't post shots with people in them because I don't know if I should. But lots of people seem to have no problem with it, so here's one of my friend. :p

"Happy" --- Sydney, Australia --- 15/04/2006.

Attachments

• Happy.JPG
    Happy.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 108

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Abstract said:
"Happy" --- Sydney, Australia --- 15/04/2006.
Aww, I want some ice cream... Wait a sec, do you have her permission to post her pic?! :p

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Chip NoVaMac said:
To both you and FrankieTDouglas, I want a at least 200 dpi for a 5x5 print.

Sorry I haven't been around to respond! Yesterday I was at the Race for the Cure in the morning and at work in the afternoon. On my feet the greater part of the day.... by last night I was pooped! Today when I turned on the computer my ISP was having technical difficulties and I wasn't able to access MacRumors until very late in the day. Frustrating!

Anyway, I have no problem with sending you the file so you can crop it whichever way you are envisioning.... and no problem with signing the mat! Hey, instead of paying me, you can simply make me a print at the same time...

That's going to be a whopper of a file, though, and somehow I'm sure it won't go through email. I can put the full version into my Smugmug gallery and then you could download it from there. ?

--Connie

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
iSaint said:
Saturday, April 8, 2006
'Wide-Open!'
Canon Rebel Auto Exposure/Focus
ISO 200

Nicholas, my 7 year old. Never met a stranger. Knows everything, knows all the rules. Talks constantly. A true wild-man. But, total fun all the time!

Awesome pic - I love it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.