Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy's

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Toronto
I'm going to step out here and suggest that since the rule seems to be one that preserves server space, why dont folks STOP quoting pictures and repeating the image multiple times??? :confused:

Isn't the file the same anyways? the only thing affected would be the bandwidth, right?

The links to flicker and such sites are ok. What I don't like is to see that " ? " when the photo is gone.

Btw, This thread is my favourite.

weazle1098

macrumors regular
Poverty Kills

From a campus awareness thing about poverty on the common.

491373220_1c1d8dc55d_b.jpg

14.43h
Amherst, MA

Canon Rebel XTi (400d)
Sigma DC 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
/blushes

Considering the pics you've posted, Martin, I'm honoured. Here's the original size ( http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=491067362&size=o ), if it doesn't work, let me know.

@koobcamuk: The 3 shots were taken handheld ( I set the shooting mode to continuous to minimise movement ) using the cameras auto-bracketing to vary the f-stops, CS3 aligned the images when using the Merge To HDR function.

Thanks guys!

OK, I think that's why the image had a weird look. If you are going to do a shot like this handheld, set the camera to aperture priority. You don't want to change the aperture because that changes the focus. Set the focus and then switch it to manual focus so it doesn't change. With HDR, you want to change the exposure by varying the shutter speed.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
OK, I think that's why the image had a weird look. If you are going to do a shot like this handheld, set the camera to aperture priority. You don't want to change the aperture because that changes the focus. Set the focus and then switch it to manual focus so it doesn't change. With HDR, you want to change the exposure by varying the shutter speed.

Ah, thought I could get away with handheld, as the lens has VR. Is using the cameras auto-bracketing not the way to do HDR?

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Autobracketing is the way to do it, but you need to do it with a varying shutterspeed, not aperture. the aperture has to stay the same.

Ah, OK. This is going to show my ignorance ( only way to learn :), will setting up auto-bracketing when in AP mode, make the camera vary the shutter speed?

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I'm going to step out here and suggest that since the rule seems to be one that preserves server space, why dont folks STOP quoting pictures and repeating the image multiple times??? :confused:

Actually, quoting pictures won't do anything for bandwidth or anything. Once you view it once, your computer saves the image to your temporary files (caching) so it doesn't have to re-download the image to show it again.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
wall of water

Here on da East Coast of Florida there is no 'channel' to paddle out in... no reef to paddle around. If you want to get out there it's straight through the middle over the sandbar, or not at all. Ten foot walls of whitewater were commonplace yesterday.:D

hugecloseout.jpg

Lumix fz50
1/1600 @ f/ 7.1, ISO 100
8:30 in the morning, Paradise beach.

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
First experiementing with my new camera during a 5 minute break from studying for finals...

491911087_70b75c90fb.jpg

Nikon D40 w/ Kit Lens
f/5
1/60
ISO 200
Focal Length: 38mm

vandi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Atlanta
Graduation just around the corner

So cool. I love it. Well composed. That photo should be in the dictionary next to eriee.

Well here's mine for the day. In honor of those about to graduate. I know the seniors still have a little bit left. This is my senior ring. I graduated last May. I didn't know how muffed up my ring was until this pic. I reversed my 28-80mm. Pretty good for my cheap kit lens huh? what do ya think?

Canon 400D with reversed Canon 28-80mm
5-8-07
1/60 sec
f22 (lens not attached to camera so full aperture)
ISO 400​

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Somewhere in Utah

Taken on a road trip through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and finally Washington State. Needless to say my rear was a bit sore.
DSC_6653.jpg

NIKON D40
Date/Time: 2007:05:06
Focal length: 55.0mm
Exposure time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO equiv.: 200
Metering Mode: center weight
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.