Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
My first try at a HDR image. Image was made using DRImaker a freeware program for doing HDR images. I think I need to work at it. Plus not use my bedside light as a light source. Done with my SE K800i 3.2mp camera phone.

Attachments

• meinDRI.jpg
    meinDRI.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 569

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
Red & Green

492802166_6f286a9094_b.jpg

Nikon D200
200mm
ISO 800
1/320s
f/8.0

Taken on my parents deck in Bristol, RI on April 21st. I had been inside which is why the ISO is so high, but I saw this guy taking a drink and liked the colors. He took off before I could change the settings (drop the ISO, increase the aperture, etc)

Cropped and sharpened in Picassa

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
That I like! What PP did you do to it?
I made a duplicate of the original photo and turned the sharpness all the way down. I the opened up the original and the now blurry duplicate in CS3. I pasted the blurry layer on top of the original photo and toned down the opacity to 50-55%. I played around with the contrast and saturation as well as the tone curve and vibrance slider in Lightroom. The end.

Thanks for the nice complement Iscariot.

vandi

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2007
Atlanta
Nine ball anyone?

I'm currently tring to improve my composition skills so this photo's only edit was WB. I work and go to school full time so unfortunatly no time for photography classes. Let me know how to improve and any suggestions or thoughts. Don't be afraid to be honest. Just keep in mind, i'm still in the early stages of learning and the purposs of this photo is composition but feel free to critique any aspect. Oh and i was attempting the rule of thirds.
Canon 400D wearing Canon 28-80mm @ 28mm
5-10-07
.5 sec
f5.6
ISO 100
Shot RAW and full manual​

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I like the use of complimentary colors... Like the lines and shapes. But I do wish the tulips (they are tulips, right? :eek:) were sharper (well, they look sharp in the clickable thumbnail format but when I zoom in to the posted size, they start looking not so sharp to me). And I can't decide if the little sex organ in the frontmost/ far left flower is too distracting or not. When I squint and cover it up w/ my finger, I do like the image more, buuuut, it's hard to say, ya know? Looking at a print matted and framed on a blank wall is so different from looking at an image on a 13" screen. :p

Teddy's

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Toronto
Here on da East Coast of Florida there is no 'channel' to paddle out in... no reef to paddle around. If you want to get out there it's straight through the middle over the sandbar, or not at all. Ten foot walls of whitewater were commonplace yesterday.:D

hugecloseout.jpg

Lumix fz50
1/1600 @ f/ 7.1, ISO 100
8:30 in the morning, Paradise beach.

Ohh! I love it!

weazle1098

macrumors regular
I like the use of complimentary colors... Like the lines and shapes. But I do wish the tulips (they are tulips, right? :eek:) were sharper (well, they look sharp in the clickable thumbnail format but when I zoom in to the posted size, they start looking not so sharp to me). And I can't decide if the little sex organ in the frontmost/ far left flower is too distracting or not. When I squint and cover it up w/ my finger, I do like the image more, buuuut, it's hard to say, ya know? Looking at a print matted and framed on a blank wall is so different from looking at an image on a 13" screen. :p

Thanks for your rather extensive critique! They are tulips. But I think it wasn't so sharp because I got a little too close with my lens and it's not a macro lens. But thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.