Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikon-mac-lvr

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2006
Saint Louis Zoo

Taken at Saint Louis Zoo

Taken with
Nikon D200
F/8 @ 1/250
ISO 640
Focal Length 200mm
Nikkor 55-200 Lens

Attachments

• Saint_Louis  001_1.jpg
    Saint_Louis 001_1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 82

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
devilot said:
Aww, I love it! One of my favorites out of this whole thread... :eek:
Thanks a lot! It's a good feeling to have a picture recognised among all the great pictures other people post here.

ScubaDuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2003
Europe
iGary said:
Thought it would be fun to share one of your best every day - doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it is decent (no nudes or overly graphic shots). You can add a picture everyday as long as it is different.
It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as you only post ONE SINGLE IMAGE per day. Make sure to post a date, location and description.

OK iGary, I wanna play too! I have been scanning my old negatives and here is one I particularly like. NO photoshop filters, the image is "as is" and has not even been cropped: just reduced in size and pixel for the original file is over 50 Mb. I had no pass and had to "sneak" the camera in with the 200 mm stuffed inside the pants.....I still remember how unconfortable it was and the "undue" attention it generated from the ladies in the audience, as well as a few giggles...:D

Note; this image has been posted for technical discussion purposes. The copyright belongs to the rightful owner

Supertramp at Werchter, Belgium: 1982
Taken with Nikkor 200 mm F4 1/60 sec on Kodak 1000 ASA

Attachments

• Supertramp 4.jpg
    Supertramp 4.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 79

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Taken on the way to shrewsbury out of the car window! Cant believe it turned out so well... :D

s4020726ah5.jpg

peterparker

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Houston
Continental Airlines Inbound, Intercontinental Airport Houston TX, 7/30/2006

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 200

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
sky.jpg

Aperture: f4.2
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 90

...and, btw, sorry for the offensive text - it's just I've seen my images floating around the net. :(

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
lilstewart said:
sky.jpg

Aperture: f4.2
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 90

...and, btw, sorry for the offensive text - it's just I've seen my images floating around the net. :(

Give. Me. A. Break. :rolleyes:

*giant rolling eye*

Talk about self-absorbed.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
HckySo said:
I hate when people over do their watermarks. Especially when the photo isn't that great to begin with.

Ditto. If I wanted a picture of the sky, I'd rather use this one...

sky-web.jpg

...found using Google. Not that yours is terrible - it's just that, there are a number of alternatives out there...:rolleyes: :eek: (without watermarks).

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
Mr. Stewart, let my tell you about a thing, it's called professionalism. Note that some of the best photographers in the world don't use watermarks. And some use flash sites with blocked xml to stop people but no one is stopping them from print screening it. If you're going to publish anything smaller than 800 px watermarks should not be taking away from the picture itself.

Bad:
badwatermarkoc4.jpg

Okay:
goodwatermarkya7.png

B

BigMäc

Got hooked - 7/30/06

attachment.php

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 50 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/125 @ f5.6
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 779

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Heading Out - 6/05 - Indian River Inlet, DE

Sorry the GIF compression made it really noisy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    195.4 KB · Views: 760

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Sorry guys, fixed.

I'm still new to this stuff.

I just did it because someone was taking a full res image of mine and was making money off of it.

Now that it's low res, i'm not worrying about it.

:eek:

EDIT:
HckySo said:
Especially when the photo isn't that great to begin with.
Not needed. :rolleyes:

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
Yeah sorry for being a hardass Matt, I tend to not like sky pictures I've seen a million times before from point and shoot cameras. I like things to be a bit more artistic and less photo journalistic.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
HckySo said:
Yeah sorry for being a hardass Matt, I tend to not like sky pictures I've seen a million times before from point and shoot cameras. I like things to be a bit more artistic and less photo journalistic.

+1

We are all entitled to opinions of other's photos. I've had my fair share of "it sucks" as well.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
beavo451 said:
+1

We are all entitled to opinions of other's photos. I've had my fair share of "it sucks" as well.
Sure, but "it sucks" comments still suck. They don't do any good for anyone. If you don't like a photo, say how you think it could be improved, if all you can think of is that it sucks, then keep your mouth shut / hands away from the keyboard. I'm obviously not talking about "you" personally, but "you" generally.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
lilstewart said:
Sorry guys, fixed.

I'm still new to this stuff.

I just did it because someone was taking a full res image of mine and was making money off of it.

Now that it's low res, i'm not worrying about it.

:eek:

EDIT:

Not needed. :rolleyes:

That stinks :( - I see why you'd be so protective if someone had done something like that...

...just curious, which image was it? If it was that impressive, you should definitely post it (w/a watermark or reduced quality) - unless, did you already post it in this thread???

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
shieldyoureyes said:
202282343_f29cf4b4f3.jpg

Architecture Project in Poly Canyon, San Luis Obispo, CA 7/29/2006

Camera: Nikon D50
Exposure: 1/2500 sec
Aperture: f/3.8
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO Speed: 200

I like this picture - but (and this is 100% personal preference speaking), I think I'd rather have the entire lower-right hand corner in focus, rather than the slight blur that it has now.

Shrug - good picture tho (I love the camera, I have the same one!)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
That stinks :( - I see why you'd be so protective if someone had done something like that...

...just curious, which image was it? If it was that impressive, you should definitely post it (w/a watermark or reduced quality) - unless, did you already post it in this thread???
Yes, I posted it. With a watermark.. but no opacity, as it wasn't *that* offensive.
I've learned my lesson, hckyso. :p

It was "stolen" from me, with a watermark on it, but then it was cropped. :mad:

it was this one:

So.. I put it in the middle, so the couldn't really "steal" it, plus, it's a low resolution image. :)

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
lilstewart said:
Yes, I posted it. With a watermark.

It was "stolen" from me, with a watermark on it, but then it was cropped. :mad:

it was this one:

So.. I put it in the middle, so the couldn't really "steal" it, plus, it's a low resolution image. :)

I liked this one, a lot! I remember it - some people didn't like the foot, but I actually did. Oh, and I don't mind the watermark in the middle like that - it actually looks pretty sweet (kind of like 'seenews' on the last page).

shieldyoureyes

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
I like this picture - but (and this is 100% personal preference speaking), I think I'd rather have the entire lower-right hand corner in focus, rather than the slight blur that it has now.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I didn't realize that it was out of focus until I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.