Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
The Red Head is Dead

redhead4.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
September 30, 2006
Fuji F30
3 shot panorama
iso 100
-1.0 e.v.

With its cooler, drier weather, fall is festival time in Korea. Papier mâché men loiter under some tall pines, awaiting their turn.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
9.30.06, Monroe, LA

I'd post specs, but it's probably had too much photoshop work for the specs to even matter now...

goodbye.jpg

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
1-Oct-06. A Bunch of Kids. Agra, India.

Across from the Taj Mahal. These kids really went wild when they saw their picture on the camera's LCD. What a great bunch.

Nikon D200
18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
Focal length: 24mm DX (36mm FF)
1/20s @ f/3.8 (around 6pm)
ISO 125

orig.jpg

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
ksz, I love those kids. I don't have the photographer vocabulary to explain exactly what I like about your pic, but there's a kind of energy - they all have incredibly happy expressions, and it's as if there's a kind of balance in the image, because their stances and expressions complement each other. Is that the only one you took, or the best of the bunch?

VictorM, I love the faucet - both the colors and the way you captured the drop falling.

untitled..., I love both the original and the chaos. :D

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
annk said:
ksz, I love those kids. I don't have the photographer vocabulary to explain exactly what I like about your pic, but there's a kind of energy - they all have incredibly happy expressions, and it's as if there's a kind of balance in the image, because their stances and expressions complement each other. Is that the only one you took, or the best of the bunch?
Thanks! This is the only picture I took of the kids. I was on my way to the riverbank to snap some pictures of the Taj when I met these exuberant kids. They were jumping and screaming when they saw their picture on the LCD...the energy after the picture was ten times more than the energy captured in the picture!

P.S. I should have increased ISO and used a faster shutter speed. Oh well.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
SRSound said:
(this is my first picture post, go easy on me!)

Reptile House, Philadelphia Zoo 8/15/2006
DSCF5073.jpg

Nice stuff. I like your depth of field which isolates the head. Were those the actual colours or did you convert it?

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
VictorM said:
Nice stuff. I like your depth of field which isolates the head. Were those the actual colours or did you convert it?

That one is straight from the camera (which is rare for me), just some cropping.

jimmer116

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
Truck in Barn...

FILTEREDtruckinbarn.jpg

Canon Powershot A610
(I don't remember all the specifics...and then it was all photoshopped and yeah...if you really wanna know I suppose Ill try to remember, but most of it was just filters.)

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
SRSound said:
That one is straight from the camera (which is rare for me), just some cropping.

I think this is a really nice image. Great control of DOF.

But it definitely has a green colour cast. I had a look at it in PS. When you correct, using the top of the snakes head, the cast dissapears. Then you can see the light from a red incubation lamp in the top-right hand corner that probably threw your white balance off.

I hope you don't mind me messing with your image and reposting it. I think it's a really nice picture and it reminds me that I should get down to Copenhagen Zoo and take some pictures. Well done on a good capture!:)

Attachments

• DSCF5073 copy.jpg
    DSCF5073 copy.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 85

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
bursty said:
I'm bored....and very jealous of all you lucky bastages with nice cameras! :eek:

don't despair :) there is some really nice stuff being posted here from "point-and-shoot" cameras. Many of my own favourites were taken on my trusty 2 megapixel, 5-year old Canon PowerShot (S300) :)

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
VictorM said:
don't despair :) there is some really nice stuff being posted here from "point-and-shoot" cameras. Many of my own favourites were taken on my trusty 2 megapixel, 5-year old Canon PowerShot (S300) :)

Indeed. I'm blown away by the macro shots that point and shoot cameras can do. If I had one, I'd be running around taking macro shots of everything.

B

BigMäc

jimmer116 said:
Canon Powershot A610
(I don't remember all the specifics...and then it was all photoshopped and yeah...if you really wanna know I suppose Ill try to remember, but most of it was just filters.)

Nice one. I got almost hypnotized while staring at your picture :). It appears to be moving back and forth, really fast. And it took me a while to see the cat.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
freebooter said:
Daegu, South Korea
October 1, 2006
Canon A95
4 shot panorama
iso 400

beautiful! i love it. any chance you could email me a wallpaper version? if not i understand. (tim at tmklein dot com)

B

BigMäc

Cologne Cathedral, Germany - 10/01/2006

IMG_3857.jpg

Slightly missed the doorknob assignment.

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 1600
Shutter/Aperture: 1/60 @ f1.8
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.