Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
Tak skal du ha' Annk.

Well you did say you liked it when men spoke Danish to you:eek:

840Quadra, I think this is a really good panning shot. The car is nice & sharp and the surroundings are blurred. You could have brought the shutter speed down even more to increase blurring and given the car space in the frame to move into. But those are minor details, it's a great capture.

Here is mine for today:

Kites; 08/09/06; Naxos, Greece

kite1.JPG

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
freebooter said:
1600 iso?! That's pretty fine. Nice one.

Thanks! I was in some very low light, and shooting handheld. I picked up a bit of noise, but fortunately the subject matter (textured as it is) was able to handle it.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
GarlicBunches.jpg

Daegu, South Korea
September 28, 2006
Fuji F30
f/2.8@1/280
iso 200
8.0 mm (~35mm f.f.)

Garlic is Korea's other national spice. In the late summer/fall large bundles of garlic can be purchased at any street market. The ones in the picture are small bundles. I'm not joking when I say that it is impossible to buy "a little garlic" here. This is good; I llove garlic. :)

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
The colours and composition in this image are fantastic freebooter. Have you desaturated?. I really like the way that the faded blues, browns and whites harmonize. Great image.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
srf4real said:
Imo, your photo captures the aura of the event- focused enough to discern the movement of the subject in a fixed environment, clearly high speed. I like it.:)

Thank you,

That is a good point and didn't think about it in that way :)

IMG_2248.sized.jpg

Full Image

Exposure- 1/640 sec at f/4.0
Flash - did not fire
metering mode - pattern
focal length - 50.8125 mm
lens 7.2-50.8 mm
Date 8/7/06

Taken at a local motocross event in Minnesota. This was 2 days before the national series event at Spring Creek MX Park (Millville Minnesota). This is one of the pro riders that came to the local small fair race to get in a few practice laps!

Cocobolo

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
St. Paul, MN
cookie1105 said:
How high; 18/09/06; Naxos, Greece

kite14.JPG

Now that's what I'm talking about! It makes my palms sweaty just looking at this photo. Dang it, now my mouse is all slippery!

Great shot! I can't image what a thrill that would be.

Cocobolo

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
St. Paul, MN
freebooter said:
Daegu, South Korea
September 28, 2006
Fuji F30
f/2.8@1/280
iso 200
8.0 mm (~35mm f.f.)

Garlic is Korea's other national spice. In the late summer/fall large bundles of garlic can be purchased at any street market. The ones in the picture are small bundles. I'm not joking when I say that it is impossible to buy "a little garlic" here. This is good; I llove garlic. :)

Mmm, garlic! I heard that if you consume large amounts of garlic, it keeps the mosquitoes away. Anyone know if that's true? Here in Minnesota it seems the only thing that makes those sneaky little critters disappear is snow.

Sweet shot! It almost seems like it could be tiled. That blue background complements the garlic perfectly.

L

Lau

Brora, Scotland, UK.
23 September, 2006

IMG_3796.jpg
Click for larger.

I thought this was interesting, because I spent most of the day taking beautiful misty heathery hilly shots, but just as you go up these steps to the beach at Brora, this just stood out as almost science fictiony. The colours were so bright and saturated (it was a gorgeous day) it looked almost unreal.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Lau said:
Brora, Scotland, UK.
23 September, 2006

View attachment 58676
Click for larger.

I thought this was interesting, because I spent most of the day taking beautiful misty heathery hilly shots, but just as you go up these steps to the beach at Brora, this just stood out as almost science fictiony. The colours were so bright and saturated (it was a gorgeous day) it looked almost unreal.
Is that Tellytubbyland? That lamppost in the middle of nowhere is a good touch. :)

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
cookie1105 said:
The colours and composition in this image are fantastic freebooter. Have you desaturated?. I really like the way that the faded blues, browns and whites harmonize. Great image.

Thanks a "bunch". No desaturation was done.

Nice work with the action shots of late, by the way. Looks like fun.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Lau said:
Brora, Scotland, UK.
23 September, 2006

That is a nice one. It reminds me of when I shot Kodachrome many moons ago.

Just by way of suggestion, not criticism, a little P.S. would make it even more unreal, i think. What I'm thinking about is cloning out that square metal plate in the grass at the base of the stairs and that bit of magenta cloud over by the blue roof at the left edge. I may be wrong but they don't seem to be needed for the composition, and serve to remind the viewer of the mundane.

VictorM

Sep 12, 2006
hogtown
Lau said:
Brora, Scotland, UK.
23 September, 2006

Brora, this just stood out as almost science fictiony.

For me it invokes a "desolate land where all the inhabitants have died off from some infectious plague" kinda feeling.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Lau said:
Brora, Scotland, UK.
23 September, 2006

View attachment 58676
Click for larger.

OMG, it's Windoze. :eek: :eek:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.