Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Took Soohie to the vet on Saturday (she seems to have lost so much weight in 30 days!). Confirmed she has Cancer.
Found out today that the exact one, is lymphoma, and is very far gone. We're arranging to put her to sleep tomorrow, at home. She will be 8 tomorrow. How on earth does such a sweet loving home cat get cancer? Ugh!!!

View attachment 637107
So sad to hear :(
[doublepost=1466511544][/doublepost]Figured it had been too long since last kitten post. Here they are this weekend, growing up fast!

IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I'm still beside myself, with the loss of Sophie. Clearly, I loved her more than I thought...

My condolences. I haven't had to lose a pet of my own yet and I dare say that I will be devastated when it happens. Sorry for your loss :(

So full of character, I'd dare say charisma.
Love his wet hair :)

Definitely full of character. He then proceeded to spend ten minutes trying to climb a tree to get a squirrel that he had spotted. He's a loveable fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My condolences. I haven't had to lose a pet of my own yet and I dare say that I will be devastated when it happens. Sorry for your loss :(

Definitely full of character. He then proceeded to spend ten minutes trying to climb a tree to get a squirrel that he had spotted. He's a loveable fool.

Is that the same squirrel and the same tree described several posts and some weeks ago?

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
quick video I took of my aquarium the other night

Nice. How did you get the telly in there for the fish? :D

I sold my aquarium - too stressful. Fish are supposed to be relaxing but in reality they just want to kill each other.

2NG6njN.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Still, I'd put my money on the squirrel.

Their movement is astonishing - fast and graceful. But Bob seems to be enjoying himself which is the main thing.

By the way, is it a red or a grey squirrel?

My money is definitely on the squirrel as well as he has chased it on a few occasions and the squirrel looked like it was playing with him. It's a grey - we don't have any reds where I live. There is a colony of black ones a few miles away however.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My money is definitely on the squirrel as well as he has chased it on a few occasions and the squirrel looked like it was playing with him. It's a grey - we don't have any reds where I live. There is a colony of black ones a few miles away however.

And has Master Bob spotted the black ones yet? That will be a fun day.

Yes, I could well imagine that the squirrel was toying and playing with him.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
And has Master Bob spotted the black ones yet? That will be a fun day.

Yes, I could well imagine that the squirrel was toying and playing with him.

Thankfully we don't frequent the black squirrel lair so we have been spared that madness. Its not just squirrels though - he loves to chase and bark at birds. He never catches them thankfully as he hasn't figured out how to fly yet. Unfortunately he did get hold of a rabbit a few months back but didn't really know what to do with it after tossing it into the air once and he was really good and left it alone when Mrs MacRy told him to. It had myxomatosis so wasn't in a position to flee in any case. Mrs MacRy took it home and put it out of it's misery.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I couldn't decide which was best, so here are all 109 pictures:

YAWN.gif

EDIT: She found a bug today, and I happened to be recording. She does this weird staccato meowing that sounds a bit like chattering. It's theorized that the chattering sound is actually a jaw exercise to practice for the killing bite cats hope to deliver. (Turn your sound up; you should be able to hear a clock ticking in the background.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.